On a Scale of One to Ten, How Much Do You Fear Being Accused of Racism?

bc97728f0cd9533843cde99320dc00d9.jpg

I wish there was a way I could help her find the peace she so desires.

Deep down, I doubt she was sincere. White liberals make these kinds of statements because, despite outward appearances indicating that they're genuinely 'down' with the "struggle", they secretly fear Black people and the violence they know there's little chance of them redressing. So they pander to those they fear in hope of avoiding any potential hostility.

I wonder what colour she'd like to be.
Obviously we can't help her on that front, but perhaps she could find a neighborhood in which no white people live and move there. She notes that her passport disgusts her, so the neighborhood would have to be someplace not in the US. I think the Democratic Republic of Congo would be a nice place for her to live. Maybe some of her new neighbors could help her with her skin peeling desire.

Deep down, I doubt she was sincere. White liberals make these kinds of statements because, despite outward appearances indicating that they're genuinely 'down' with the "struggle", they secretly fear Black people and the violence they know there's little chance of them redressing. So they pander to those they fear in hope of avoiding any potential hostility.

You don't say, liberals posture like peacocks?

peacock_657_600x450.jpg

I could care less. The term has become the last refuge of scoundrels.

Meanwhile, offline the accusation remains a potent weapon. Just because you've seen a mantra develop online which says the accusation of racism has been devalued after being dishonestly or unfairly applied, businesses are still terrified of losing trade and customers. Even if you're identified as expressing pride in being White and support White pride movements, the likes of the ADL and SPLC will lean on your employer and ensure as much media intrusion into your life and your employer's business as they can muster. Your employer will then need to distance themselves from this negativity and will fire you. Tell me what I've written isn't true.
So....you've just proven that the only ones that fear being labeled racist are racists.

Jeesh, quit being a coward and start your white pride movement and quit whining.

Is this guy a racist, Ravi? Read the email in the article and then get back to me.
Don't know if he's a racist but he is a user. He's using black people as tools to make more money in the sale of his franchise.

The two accusations a White liberal/progressive is absolutely terrified of hearing.

1) You are a racist.

2) You are anti-semitic

In my experience, it's white CONSERVATIVES who fear this more than white liberals. They fall to pieces. It's like kryptonite.

White liberals count on their delusion as a force field. "How can I be a racist, I'm a liberal and therefore it's impossible for me to also be a racist." They're safe within their bubble universe.

Meanwhile, offline the accusation remains a potent weapon. Just because you've seen a mantra develop online which says the accusation of racism has been devalued after being dishonestly or unfairly applied, businesses are still terrified of losing trade and customers. Even if you're identified as expressing pride in being White and support White pride movements, the likes of the ADL and SPLC will lean on your employer and ensure as much media intrusion into your life and your employer's business as they can muster. Your employer will then need to distance themselves from this negativity and will fire you. Tell me what I've written isn't true.
So....you've just proven that the only ones that fear being labeled racist are racists.

Jeesh, quit being a coward and start your white pride movement and quit whining.

Is this guy a racist, Ravi? Read the email in the article and then get back to me.
Don't know if he's a racist but he is a user. He's using black people as tools to make more money in the sale of his franchise.

Don't the Rev. Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson use/exploit Black people to make money? Are they racist?

I don't think he's "using" Black people at all. He's concerned that Black people have driven away a more affluent customer base who were more inclined to put more money through the Hawks' cash registers (mainly through season ticket sales) than the now-majority Black customer base, who he's noticed don't put much at all through the club's cash registers. Seems like he's making a valid observation out of concern as an owner of what seems to be a loss-making enterprise now that the White people no longer patronise the club.

Don't the Rev. Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson use/exploit Black people to make money? Are they racist?

I don't think he's "using" Black people at all. He's concerned that Black people have driven away a more affluent customer base who were more inclined to put more money through the Hawks' cash registers (mainly through season ticket sales) than the now-majority Black customer base, who he's noticed don't put much at all through the club's cash registers. Seems like he's making a valid observation out of concern as an owner of what seems to be a loss-making enterprise now that the White people no longer patronise the club.
Sharpton and Jackson also use black people. But we weren't talking about them, so quit deflecting.

And speaking of deflecting, are you going to use the new English flag as an avie when the Scots leave "great" Britain?

Sharpton and Jackson also use black people. But we weren't talking about them, so quit deflecting.

And speaking of deflecting, are you going to use the new English flag as an avie when the Scots leave "great" Britain?

I was using them as an example of people who really are guilty of exploiting people. I then went on to address why I didn't think he was "using" anyone, in case you missed it.

I was using them as an example of people who really are guilty of exploiting people. I then went on to address why I didn't think he was "using" anyone, in case you missed it.
I didn't miss it. I just put it down to you confirmation bias.

If you read the article you'd know that I'm not 'guilty' of "confirmation bias". The guy wrote in black and white (no pun intended) the reasons behind his concern for the club's dwindling income and the reasons why.

If you read the article you'd know that I'm not 'guilty' of "confirmation bias". The guy wrote in black and white (no pun intended) the reasons behind his concern for the club's dwindling income and the reasons why.
Right, he confirms your bias. At least you've won Grossie.

Now, about that flag.

Right, he confirms your bias. At least you've won Grossie.

Now, about that flag.

He didn't "confirm" anything. He simply stated why he believed the club's income had diminished.

I would give myself a 2. It helps that I am commonly kind, well mannered, and I always look people in the eye when I speak. It also helps being charming, comely, and...modest, very very modest. ;)

Right. You'd be more believable if you weren't intellectually dishonest.

Ravi, just because you've ended-up looking rather stupid as a result of walking into this conversation unequipped with the article's contents (which clearly explains why the owner believed his club's income was diminishing), don't start making false accusations to save face.

It's pretty safe to say that the majority of White people living in the Western world are afraid of the consequences of being called a racist. This is mostly due to Black people knowing that they can profit from issuing the accusation, even when it's unwarranted. So, what lengths would you go to to avoid being accused of being a racist?

I don't care at all. I'm not intimidated by anybody of any race or sex.

Forum List

Back