OMG, the women are storming the Supreme Court and demanding recounts!!!!!

Get that cop from Jan 6, he likes shooting women.
This is what happens when Supreme Court nominees lie in their confirmation hearings. All of them said Roe was settled law. Now they are doing what us liberals told you all they would do. They would try some very slick way to go back on their words.

No one is buying it. You lied to get on the high court. Funny Bill Clinton was a monster for lying about having an affair but we're supposed to be ok with them lying about their intentions?

I told you all Republicans were lying. I told you all this was coming. Now do you believe me?

What we are demanding is let's review their confirmation hearings and disbar them for lying under oath.

Can't these women abide votes!!!!
You should have told them if they voted for Trump you'd ban abortion. I told them, but you told them I was just lying. That the Republicans would never try to outlaw abortion. Now we see they lied. You lied. You are a liar. This is what women get for trusting/believing the Republican party.

I called it the Republican war on women.

These people are trying to undermine our legal system!!!
It's an insurrection I tell ya!!!
Matt Gaetz is a model avatar for the Republican Party’s manic culture war. As a far-right reactionary currently under investigation for sex crimes, he checks several boxes of hypocrisy so often seen among the GOP’s moral crusaders. It makes sense, then, that he delivered the best encapsulation of the socially conservative right’s response to pro-choice protests now sweeping the country.

“How many of the women rallying against overturning Roe are over-educated, under-loved millennials who sadly return from protests to a lonely microwave dinner with their cats, and no bumble matches?” Gaetz asked on Twitter on Wednesday morning.

War on women! This should help us liberals in November.

Matt Gaetz is a model avatar for the Republican Party’s manic culture war. As a far-right reactionary currently under investigation for sex crimes, he checks several boxes of hypocrisy so often seen among the GOP’s moral crusaders. It makes sense, then, that he delivered the best encapsulation of the socially conservative right’s response to pro-choice protests now sweeping the country.

“How many of the women rallying against overturning Roe are over-educated, under-loved millennials who sadly return from protests to a lonely microwave dinner with their cats, and no bumble matches?” Gaetz asked on Twitter on Wednesday morning.

War on women! This should help us liberals in November.

Sorry...no matter what you say it's an insurrection.

This is what happens when Supreme Court nominees lie in their confirmation hearings. All of them said Roe was settled law. Now they are doing what us liberals told you all they would do. They would try some very slick way to go back on their words.

No one is buying it. You lied to get on the high court. Funny Bill Clinton was a monster for lying about having an affair but we're supposed to be ok with them lying about their intentions?

I told you all Republicans were lying. I told you all this was coming. Now do you believe me?

What we are demanding is let's review their confirmation hearings and disbar them for lying under oath.

So now you support insurrection?

So pre-Roe, when abortion was illegal, was this settled law?
I guess the Roe decision was illegitimate from the beginning.

All they are doing is correctly saying there is no Constitutionally guaranteed right for women to murder their babies. It's now is up to the states.
I'd go further & guarantee the babies the Constitutional right to life & make infanticide illegal

You should have told them if they voted for Trump you'd ban abortion. I told them, but you told them I was just lying. That the Republicans would never try to outlaw abortion. Now we see they lied. You lied. You are a liar. This is what women get for trusting/believing the Republican party.

I called it the Republican war on women.
1652120578789.png

All of the liberals lied about their support for gun confiscation......and about Obamacare.
One of them had to lie about what the definition of a woman was.
You could tell they lied because of papers they wrote in the past and decisions they made.

The fact is....Roe vs Wade was settled...........until some schmuck brought the issue before the court again. Every liberal on the court had to lie during their confirmation process....whereas the conservatives didn't have to lie. It was settled before. It became an issue again once they brought it up again in court.

No justice should decide any issue is settled before the plaintiffs present their cases.

The political manipulation has been done to cover the accusation of them lying. That's the fight you're going to have to face.

That, and the lack of a solid argument is probably the reason why the pro-abortion side is turning to violence.

All of the liberals lied about their support for gun confiscation......and about Obamacare.
One of them had to lie about what the definition of a woman was.
You could tell they lied because of papers they wrote in the past and decisions they made.

The fact is....Roe vs Wade was settled...........until some schmuck brought the issue before the court again. Every liberal on the court had to lie during their confirmation process....whereas the conservatives didn't have to lie. It was settled before. It became an issue again once they brought it up again in court.

No justice should decide any issue is settled before the plaintiffs present their cases.
Nice try

Stare Decisis. [Latin, Let the decision stand.] The policy of courts to abide by or adhere to principles established by decisions in earlier cases. In the United States and England, the Common Law has traditionally adhered to the precedents of earlier cases as sources of law.

Do you know who warned us that the new conservative justices were not following Stare Decisis? Sandra Day O'Conner. That's right. A conservative judge appointed by Reagan. Even she knew what the right wing wackos were doing wasn't right.

Roe v. Wade, the 1973 landmark case that legalized abortion, had been the law of the land for eight years. But it was under constant attack from the religious right — then as now. And because O'Connor was a woman who had presided over the Arizona State Senate when it decriminalized abortion, she was suspect, even though she declared her personal abhorrence for abortion.

"Too frequent overturning of precedent, she felt, undercut the court," said Carl Tobias, a law professor at the University of Richmond.

Some justices wanted to overturn Roe v. Wade, notably Antonin Scalia, who would bring it up in discussion of other decisions, such as Lawrence v. Texas, which overturned state sodomy laws — that is, laws that targeted gay sex.

So it's no surprise to someone smart like me who's been wise to what the right wing has been trying to do since the late 70's. Not buying your bullshit.

Were any of them asked if they would be willing to overturn Roe v. Wade? Can settled law be overturned or, for lack of a better word, "unsettled"? Was it once settled law that women and blacks couldn't vote?

I'm hardly a legal scholar, so these are honest questions...

Were they questioned about their intentions?

I told you all Republicans were lying.

Well, I guess when Clinton lied to a grand jury that proved that all democrats were lying.

Smarten up and don't belch out such nonsense...

I told you all this was coming. Now do you believe me?

I don't know that I would necessarily disagree with that, although we do need to allow for the fact that ideals and opinions change. Let's not forget that, at one time, it would've been perfectly legal for a Supreme Court Justice to own Clarence Thomas...

Forum List

Back