OMG: Roy Moore said in September that the last time America was great was when we had slavery

OMG: Roy Moore said in September that the last time America was great was when we had slavery
DQd-oU_X0AA0vHG.jpg

In Alabama, the heart of Trump country, many think he's backing the wrong candidate in Senate race

wow, early 18th century! This guy is something else.

"Even though we had slavery" Can you read dipshit?

I bet this fucker thinks the dark ages and the black death was a great period in history!

I bet you are too mentally incompetent to understand his point. I am certainly no supporter of Roy Moore. I hope he loses the election, but nowhere in those comments did he support slavery. Typical faux over reaction by ignorant and dishonest people.

He certainly didn't support slavery.

But saying that America was at our greatest when we had slavery- is kind of like a German proclaiming that Germany was at its greatest in 1944-"even though we were gassing Jews."

DQd-oU_X0AA0vHG.jpg

In Alabama, the heart of Trump country, many think he's backing the wrong candidate in Senate race

What time period do you think was so great?

According to blacks they are still oppressed. So any time period will be one where blacks were oppressed.

I guess if he would had answered, ”Never, America has never been great because we have always opppressed blacks”, then you would be applauding him?

Yeah. I think blacks still prefer a time when they aren't whipped, raped, murdered and forced into slave labor. I'm just throwing assumptions out there. :dunno:
which time is that? It isn't now. Blacks believe then are oppressed more now than any other time.

DQd-oU_X0AA0vHG.jpg

According to blacks they are still oppressed. So any time period will be one where blacks were oppressed.

I guess if he would had answered, ”Never, America has never been great because we have always opppressed blacks”, then you would be applauding him?

Yeah. I think blacks still prefer a time when they aren't whipped, raped, murdered and forced into slave labor. I'm just throwing assumptions out there. :dunno:
which time is that? It isn't now. Blacks believe then are oppressed more now than any other time.

Tipsycatlover
[Columbus] was a wonderful man better than any black guy that has ever been born or ever will be born

DQd-oU_X0AA0vHG.jpg

When have you heard this even once? Where do you get this shit from? Do everyone a favor and slam your head into a car door.

“I think it was great at the time when families were united -- even though we had slavery -- they cared for one another…. Our families were strong, our country had a direction.” - Roy Moore

Merka was great when fags and wimmin knew their place.

Merka was great when you could diddle a kid and marry yer cousin, y'all!

Merka was great when the negroes were in chains.

Merka was great when you could lynch a negro fer lookin at your sister. Them there's family values!

“I think it was great at the time when families were united -- even though we had slavery -- they cared for one another…. Our families were strong, our country had a direction.” - Roy Moore

“I think it was great at the time when families were united -- even though we were gassing Jews -- they cared for one another…. Our families were strong, our country had a direction.” - Adolf Hitler, reminiscing from his hideout in Argentina

Another lying thread title. He qualified the time period. And it's a time period where the family was the center of one's life. A time of Little House on the Prairie. Tom Sawyer. Little Women.

When has the family not been the center of life? I know for myself and every other adult who has a family and whom I know, our families are the focus of damn near everything we do and why we do it. I realize that perhaps not everyone sees themselves and their roles that way, but I don't see any reason to think the overwhelming majority of people who have families do not see themselves, their choices/actions and their place in the world in terms of their family.

What distinguishes his remark is that the period he specified is the one in which family was the center of life and slavery existed. I think that's astounding. Hell, the man could have said any period after the abolition of slavery, even the 1870s, yet he didn't. Instead, he made a point to note that the period in his mind was the one in which slavery also existed.

Last edited:
DQd-oU_X0AA0vHG.jpg

No, 'we' didn't have slavery. YOU had slavery.

What the hell are you blathering on about? The north had slavery. As a matter of fact it was the great shipping families of the north that made their fortunes running slaves from Africa to America.

Biggest enablers of slavery were Yankees.

ahem...

DQd-oU_X0AA0vHG.jpg

wow, early 18th century!

Frankly, as I noted in post 29, that he referred to the antebellum period of U.S. history is less disturbing than is that the made a point to indicate that the period he had in mind is the one that included slavery. He could have broadly described or specifically identified any period/year from February 1865 to the present, yet he did nothing of the sort. Granted, few if any of those years were particularly equitable to blacks, but all of them were generally better years for blacks than were those in which blacks were enslaved in the U.S.

Aside:
I don't see any basis for inferring he meant the early 18th century and not the years between then and the end of slavery. I suspect he meant mid-19th century and/or before.​

“I think it was great at the time when families were united -- even though we were gassing Jews -- they cared for one another…. Our families were strong, our country had a direction.” - Adolf Hitler, reminiscing from his hideout in Argentina
Is that truly something Hitler said?

Pretty much when we were a third world country as 65-70% farmed, mistreated other people and there was no rights for the workers.

most children died before adulthood from disease
Most children didn't have education

What a sick fucker.

You are the sick fucker. You can't even begin to grasp what he was getting at.
I think what he was "getting at" is very clear. The man thinks America was great prior to February 1865.

What part of "even though" don't you left wing whackos not understand? Now I know that's a foolish question because you know damn well what he meant.But in your sick and smarmy minds you prefer to turn what he said into something that fits your narrative that any one with an R beside their names is a racist.

You've pulled this stunt so many times conservatives are immune to the name calling.

DQd-oU_X0AA0vHG.jpg

No, 'we' didn't have slavery. YOU had slavery.

What the hell are you blathering on about? The north had slavery. As a matter of fact it was the great shipping families of the north that made their fortunes running slaves from Africa to America.

Biggest enablers of slavery were Yankees.

ahem...

Oh I'm not making this up. Not at all. The biggest and the best and the most successful slave traders were Yankees. Without them, there would have been no slaves from Africa in America.

The North owns the slave trade.

"James DeWolf of Bristol, Rhode Island (1764-1837) was a United States senator and a wealthy merchant who, at the time of his death, was reported to be the second richest person in the country.

He was also the leading slave trader in the history of the United States.

Over fifty years and three generations, from 1769 to 1820, James DeWolf and his extended family brought approximately 12,000 enslaved Africans across the Middle Passage, making the DeWolf1 family our nation’s most successful slave-trading family.

In a notorious incident aboard the slaving ship Polly in 1789, James DeWolf ordered an enslaved woman, dead or dying of smallpox, thrown into the Atlantic Ocean. While there was an attempt later to prosecute him for this act, he was found not guilty, on the grounds that this was his duty as ship’s captain. (See below, “The incident aboard the Polly.”)

One of our founders, James DeWolf Perry, is a direct descendant of James DeWolf, and co-founder Katrina Browne, producer/director of our documentary film, Traces of the Trade, is descended from another member of the extended DeWolf slave-trading family."

More at link. :)

Tracing Center | James DeWolf and the DeWolf Family

As a white evangelical heterosexual Christian male I can safely say Roy Moore values and mine do not connect at any point.

Is that truly something Hitler said?

Quoted directly from his hideout in Argentina

Forum List

Back