Omar Khadr

Well your land isn't a few acres it is a country so you pretty much have your ear to the ground daily. You'd know who your enemies are. And if your threw a rock at the hornets nest I'd expect you to use a sling shot! And if that nest did get you I know you'd spray the piss out of it to rid that nest of any future problems.

Deplomacy has it's place and when action needed to be taken it was and at first swiftly done. The terrorist in Afganistan were a hard target so massive amounts of explosive were used and massive amounts of lead has been used.

Some situations law and order can't be used and in this situation it was truly justified. I personally don't think our government gave much thought to afganistan other than its terrorist traning camps. Our country has sat back and let these terror networks become highly organsized to the point now we have to act on it. I ask this: whose side are you on anyway because realistic logic has gone out the window in dealing with terrorist.

I don't disagree with harsh measures, we just differ as to when and whom they are used against... and the diplomacy the preceeds it. I do NOT think US exhausted diplomatic efforts, in fact I believe the opposite, that invasion was the goal, not a last resort (both Iraq/Afghan). But I'm no State department insider, I get my info from various ources and piece tgether my own opinion... so I make mistakes, some good points (I think) and debate with UN-likeminded people and maybe lean a bit more.

Who's side am I on? On the side of the civilians who get killed everywhere, not on the side of those who profit from war. Or ignore the law. So if someone commits a terrorist act - I am against it... even if it's you. or my brother, or someone in a far off land...

I honestly do not see this as an 'us or them' situation regarding Islam and the west, or religion and secularism, etc.

And the hornets nest ... goo dpoint I would. I hate hornets. But I wouldn't be shocked if they stung me for throwing rocks at them, in fact - if I was a hornet, I'd do the same.

Forum List

Back