Olivia Nuzzi might have set a new low for journalism.

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2014
The Southwestern Desert
I guess she wants her 15 minutes of fame like all the other
gerbalists journalists trying to make their name attacking the President.
If she thinks Trump doesn't deserve re-election because of the 60,000 China virus deaths, where was she in 2012 asking Obama the same question about flu deaths? Or Opioid deaths?

If she thinks Trump doesn't deserve re-election because of the 60,000 China virus deaths, where was she in 2012 asking Obama the same question about flu deaths? Or Opioid deaths?

Legit question. It's on Trump's watch. He is your President now.

Pretty sure reasonable RATIONAL people don't go holding the Prez responsible for flu deaths or opioid deaths. That was the OP's point (i think),...

Only insane people would compare war deaths -- WHICH IS the responsibility of the C in C -- with the defensive actions of MINIMIZING deaths that he mostly has no authority over,.

I GUESS he could send in Fed marshalls to STOP Cuomo from packing nursing homes with Covid patients or prevent that dictator Whitmer in Mich from enraging the public even more than she already has -- but he respects delegating the powers due to the states to DO what think is right..

Pretty sure reasonable RATIONAL people don't go holding the Prez responsible for flu deaths or opioid deaths. That was the OP's point (i think),...

Only insane people would compare war deaths -- WHICH IS the responsibility of the C in C -- with the defensive actions of MINIMIZING deaths that he mostly has no authority over,.

I GUESS he could send in Fed marshalls to STOP Cuomo from packing nursing homes with Covid patients or prevent that dictator Whitmer in Mich from enraging the public even more than she already has -- but he respects delegating the powers due to the states to DO what think is right..

Didn't Trump at one point claim he had all the authority when it comes to opening or closing the states' economies? That didn't seem like a whole lot of respecting the powers of the states.

Of course all of the COVID-19 deaths are not Trump's responsibility. That's just an attempt to find someone to blame mixed with partisan politics. Even if one believes that the federal government did a terrible job in preparing for the possibility of such a pandemic, even if one believes the federal government did a terrible job in trying to slow/mitigate the pandemic, it isn't as if the country would have been free from COVID-19 if Trump's administration had done things differently.

Didn't Trump at one point claim he had all the authority when it comes to opening or closing the states' economies? That didn't seem like a whole lot of respecting the powers of the states.

Of course all of the COVID-19 deaths are not Trump's responsibility. That's just an attempt to find someone to blame mixed with partisan politics. Even if one believes that the federal government did a terrible job in preparing for the possibility of such a pandemic, even if one believes the federal government did a terrible job in trying to slow/mitigate the pandemic, it isn't as if the country would have been free from COVID-19 if Trump's administration had done things differently.

No. we would not have been free of covid 19, but a lot fewer people would have died if Trump had done his job instead of pretending it would just go away.

No. we would not have been free of covid 19, but a lot fewer people would have died if Trump had done his job instead of pretending it would just go away.

Are you basing that on anything in particular you can point to?

Of course I am. If you are unaware of all the things that could have been done to prepare while Trump was ignoring the experts and claiming it would just magically disappear, then you must watch only fox. Not my job to educate someone who is intentionally ignorant of what could have been done to reduce the deaths.

People across the country will look at how Trump responded to the crisis and ask......Does he deserve to be re-elected?

This is the defining moment of his presidency

Cry me a river.

Of course I am. If you are unaware of all the things that could have been done to prepare while Trump was ignoring the experts and claiming it would just magically disappear, then you must watch only fox. Not my job to educate someone who is intentionally ignorant of what could have been done to reduce the deaths.

I'm aware of many claims, but in large part they seem to be assumptions about what would have happened had certain things been done. What I mean to ask is do you have evidence of the things you think should have been done differently working in other places? For example, people point to South Korea as evidence that more early testing would have helped. Even with that, I don't know how differently South Korea may have acted in other ways which also could have contributed to a lower death rate.

In addition, there are a number of countries with more deaths per capita than the US. Did any of them do the things you think Trump should have done?

And is it only Trump that should have done things differently to prevent deaths?

Nice job throwing in a Fox reference and adding a "not my job to educate" excuse. Excellent standard partisanship. :clap:

I'm aware of many claims, but in large part they seem to be assumptions about what would have happened had certain things been done. What I mean to ask is do you have evidence of the things you think should have been done differently working in other places? For example, people point to South Korea as evidence that more early testing would have helped. Even with that, I don't know how differently South Korea may have acted in other ways which also could have contributed to a lower death rate.

In addition, there are a number of countries with more deaths per capita than the US. Did any of them do the things you think Trump should have done?

And is it only Trump that should have done things differently to prevent deaths?

Nice job throwing in a Fox reference and adding a "not my job to educate" excuse. Excellent standard partisanship. :clap:

I personally don't have that evidence, but I'm just another anonymous poster on the internet. There are experts who have studied epidemics, and pandemics for years, and they have compiled a long list of things that should have been done, and Trump's qualified advisors gave him a list of things he should have done at the time. If that's what you are looking for, it's easy to find. He preferred the advice from Fox and Friends, and Hannity over the experts. As usual, Trump would rather go with what he thinks will help him politically over what the experts say. This is similar to when he chose to believe Putin over every expert investigative agency we have. The man is a fool.

Nuzzi is a fine journalist .. quite dishy too! :D

olivianuzzi.FB.banner.jpg

I personally don't have that evidence, but I'm just another anonymous poster on the internet. There are experts who have studied epidemics, and pandemics for years, and they have compiled a long list of things that should have been done, and Trump's qualified advisors gave him a list of things he should have done at the time. If that's what you are looking for, it's easy to find. He preferred the advice from Fox and Friends, and Hannity over the experts. As usual, Trump would rather go with what he thinks will help him politically over what the experts say. This is similar to when he chose to believe Putin over every expert investigative agency we have. The man is a fool.

I'm no Trump fan, and I don't think he's done a great job during this pandemic, but when you say "a lot fewer people would have died if Trump had done his job" it would be nice to know just what you think he didn't do, how many fewer people would have died, and what you base that belief on. For that matter, it might be important to know just what Trump even has the power to do, depending on what you think he should have done differently.

I'm sure there are things the administration could have done better. There are things various governors could have done better. I know that Cuomo was pretty dismissive of COVID-19 until it started to really hit NY, for example. How many fewer people would have died, though...that's not something I think can be very accurately determined. I don't know what the baselines for comparison would be.

I'm no Trump fan, and I don't think he's done a great job during this pandemic, but when you say "a lot fewer people would have died if Trump had done his job" it would be nice to know just what you think he didn't do, how many fewer people would have died, and what you base that belief on. For that matter, it might be important to know just what Trump even has the power to do, depending on what you think he should have done differently.

I'm sure there are things the administration could have done better. There are things various governors could have done better. I know that Cuomo was pretty dismissive of COVID-19 until it started to really hit NY, for example. How many fewer people would have died, though...that's not something I think can be very accurately determined. I don't know what the baselines for comparison would be.

So, all untimely deaths in any President's administration are the fault of the President at that time?

People across the country will look at how Trump responded to the crisis and ask......Does he deserve to be re-elected?

People across the country will look at Biden's declining mental state, his fondling of women and children as well as his dirty dealings with China and the Ukraine and vote for Trump.

People across the country will look at Biden's declining mental state, his fondling of women and children as well as his dirty dealings with China and the Ukraine and vote for Trump.

You're really starting to believe all that crazy bullshit, aren't you?

President Trump didn't bio bomb nursing homes with infected people like Cuomo did.

So did Obama deserve to be re-elected in 2012 with the blood of 60,000 Opioid victims and

Did Obama deserve re-election in 2012 given that hundreds of thousands died of Opioid overdoses and Swine Flu on his watch? Legit question, right? He was your President.

Forum List

Back