Old Photos...

Canon Shooter

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2020
My aunt passed away back in 2018, and my brother and I are still slowly going through the things of hers which we brought down to Florida.

One thing she had was a treasure trove of old family photographs. The downside was that there were no notations on the backs of any of them to tell us who's who, and they weren't cataloged anywhere. My Mom helped to identify some of the people, though. I've been scanning them, and will be framing and hanging a lot of them.

Some samples:

This is my grandfather, Thomas (my middle name). He retired from the NYPD as a Lieutenant. We still have his badge. This photo was taken in 1938:

GRANDPA.jpg

Standing in the middle are my grandparents on my Dad's side. This was taken in 1929:

WEDDING.jpg

These are my great-great grandparents. I never met them. We have Great Great Grandpa's birth certificate. It's written in German. I'm pretty sure this undated photo was taken in the late 1880's:

greatgreatgrandparents01.jpg

This is my Dad's Uncle Robert. He was a New York City fireman:

robertkrappsr.jpg

This is a photo of my Aunt Barbara at her Confirmation. The photo was colorized by the photographer. This is the most recent of all the photos, taken in 1952:

IMG_20220622_0026.jpg

My Aunt Barbara kept all kinds of things: matchbooks, menus, Vegas show programs, etc. She even kept this postcard that I sent her from Abu Dhabi during Desert Storm. Note the postage!

IMG_20220623_0001.jpg

ABU02.jpg

I'll have to scan some of the menus she kept; menus where a filet mignon was $2.00 or something crazy like that.

It's a trip to see this stuff...

Forum List

Back