Oklahoma legislature passes bill making performing abortions a felony

Nope. Roe v Wade is wrong.
that is just your opinion, man. get some traction with your politicians and hold them to account if they do nothing to repeal that decision. do nothing congress, hahahhahaha

Hey, I agree with you on engaging in the process and we've had a do nothing/pass shitty law congress for decades now.
i respect your personal opinion regarding abortion. but this is not the issue. the issue is that you seem to want to change a decision which has been made by the highest court available (constitution). recognize that the politicians do not give one single fuck about abortions being legal or illegal. how could it be more transparent with flipflop-wishwash-trump.

I couldn't agree with you more, LK.
i am pleasantly surprised.

I'm not. When do you see RS or Ds preparing a battle to involve the states to overturn roe v wade?

Outlawing abortions will not end abortions..

True but the state has no standing in taking innocent life.

There is no constitutional protection for fetuses. They are not recognized as persons in the Constitution.

Fetus/life. Yes there is. The founders never thought we could devolve into such depravity.....but, we did.

1. There is no protection of fetuses in the Constitution.

2. Abortion was legal in America at the time of the framing of the Constitution.

Where does it say that abortion is legal in the Constitution when the founders were arguing it up?

It was legal in the real world dumbass.

Thank goodness for common sense legislation finally, and for the will to make it stick. The blacks ought to be rejoicing the most over this, because they have lost millions upon millions in these killing factories.
. Have to start some where. Eventually it will end once people think that it's a terrible thing to take a life, even if it's still in the womb.
So life is sacred to you?
Why do you eat meat?
. :lame2:

that is just your opinion, man. get some traction with your politicians and hold them to account if they do nothing to repeal that decision. do nothing congress, hahahhahaha

Hey, I agree with you on engaging in the process and we've had a do nothing/pass shitty law congress for decades now.
i respect your personal opinion regarding abortion. but this is not the issue. the issue is that you seem to want to change a decision which has been made by the highest court available (constitution). recognize that the politicians do not give one single fuck about abortions being legal or illegal. how could it be more transparent with flipflop-wishwash-trump.

I couldn't agree with you more, LK.
i am pleasantly surprised.

I'm not. When do you see RS or Ds preparing a battle to involve the states to overturn roe v wade?
every fucking election.

example for the current election: this thread

Oklahoma in play for Dems?
. You feel that most in Oklahoma are for all the baby killing going on ? If so then the Dems might have it. Wow, now that's something to proud of eh ?

Hello weirdo. Most in America are not pro abortion....but they are pro-choice. You aren't in the majority. Freaks tend to be in the minority. They are actually more comfortable that way.
Actually, Americans are split 50-50 on abortion, and 2/3 are opposed to abortion after the first trimester.

Oklahoma is a deep red state, so its legislature is not turning blue any time soon.

What’s telling, and comes as no surprise, is the conservative ‘solution’ to the problem of abortion is to make it ‘illegal’ – meaning more government, a more powerful government, and less individual liberty.

Also telling is that most on the right seem incapable of finding a solution to the problem of abortion that comports with the Constitution and its case law; indeed, they aren’t even willing to try.

Firstly, I commend you for not saying false fallacy fail.
Secondly, it would require less government and less tax payer money.
Murder isn't a liberty.
Liberty is keeping your legs together, or taking a pill before sex, or after sex. That pretty much solves the problem. If you disregard the 3 rights you DO have, then your rights end. You had your chance. Now it is an others chance at life. Your rights don't usurp it's rights.
^ Those are the solutions. Disregard them and you have a decision to make. Raise the child or let one of the thousands of couple's yearning to adopt raise the child.
Your idea of liberty is awfully conservative..

If it was a conservative idea, I would have stopped at keep your legs together......

. You feel that most in Oklahoma are for all the baby killing going on ? If so then the Dems might have it. Wow, now that's something to proud of eh ?

Hello weirdo. Most in America are not pro abortion....but they are pro-choice. You aren't in the majority. Freaks tend to be in the minority. They are actually more comfortable that way.
Actually, Americans are split 50-50 on abortion, and 2/3 are opposed to abortion after the first trimester.

Oklahoma is a deep red state, so its legislature is not turning blue any time soon.

Incorrect. Most Americans are pro choice. Especially women.

Americans Choose "Pro-Choice" for First Time in Seven Years

Liberals like g5000 being to stupid FAILED to read the bill. The bill does NOT outlaw abortion. It outlaws PREFORMING abortions.
Totally different thing.
By the way, where did you ever get the idea I'm a pro-choice liberal, retard?
Because the OP is is gayer than two guys in mesh shirts playing tonsil hockey in a club named "The Pink Torpedo"
So you have a gay fetish. Okay.

I have no idea what that has to do with an OP announcing the OK legislature just outlawed abortion, but you go ahead and enjoy your masturbation fantasy,.

What’s telling, and comes as no surprise, is the conservative ‘solution’ to the problem of abortion is to make it ‘illegal’ – meaning more government, a more powerful government, and less individual liberty.
How is a conservative hypocritical if they support a law making homicide illegal? How is there less individual liberty if we prevent people from being able to kill other human beings at will?

Thank goodness for common sense legislation finally, and for the will to make it stick. The blacks ought to be rejoicing the most over this, because they have lost millions upon millions in these killing factories.
It will in Oklahoma.

If Roe v. Wade is overturned, states will decide whether or not to outlaw abortion.

The end result will be that some states will outlaw it, the rest won't.

The total number of legal abortions each year will remain unchanged,.

Also telling is that most on the right seem incapable of finding a solution to the problem of abortion that comports with the Constitution and its case law; indeed, they aren’t even willing to try.
It's called birth control use it.the only real option is life,what other alternatives are there? As far as the courts are concerned ,laws get changed all the time, slavery being an example .
A better example is Plessy v. Ferguson.

This is why every conservative Supreme Court nominee is asked about stare decisis. It's a veiled way of finding out if they will overturn Roe v. Wade.

Thank goodness for common sense legislation finally, and for the will to make it stick. The blacks ought to be rejoicing the most over this, because they have lost millions upon millions in in these killing factories.
That makes no sense. No one's making anyone go.
Other than the victims,you know the life that gets snuffed out?!
Another example of conservatives’ hostility toward the privacy rights of women, and the desire of most on the right to increase the size and authority of government at the expense of individual liberty.
What's wrong with respecting all life, namely the innocent unborn.why do you deny your very own exsistsnce you were once what you would destroy,total lunacy

It's a stupid idea to deny a woman a reasonable window of opportunity to safely and legally terminate an unwanted pregnancy.
She had a HUGE window of opportunity to use birth control and use it consistently and properly.

True but the state has no standing in taking innocent life.

There is no constitutional protection for fetuses. They are not recognized as persons in the Constitution.
Actually, the Supreme Court said in Roe v. Wade you are a person in the third trimester. They chose an arbitrary line.

As I mentioned above, 2/3 of Americans think abortion should be illegal after the first trimester, which means 2/3 of Americans, wittingly and unwittingly, are opposed to Roe v. Wade. This means quite a lot of people who self-identify as "pro-choice" are opposed to Roe v. Wade and don't even know it.

You can see in your own link those lines move up and down around the 50-50 mark in the aggregate.

And as I have pointed out twice now, quite a few "pro-choice" people are in opposition to Roe v. Wade and don't even know it. Notice below how many say second trimester abortions should be illegal:

Majority of Americans Still Support Roe v. Wade Decision

2cxia84.jpg

We have a 4/4 Supreme Court, and an election coming up.

BOOM!
And you somehow manage to get Griswold/Eisenstadt/Roe/Casey ‘overturned,’ what then – abortion will still be legal in a majority of the states, an even larger majority of women in those states will have access to safe, legal abortion; even in states where abortion is ‘illegal,’ many women would need only travel to a state where it is legal to have the procedure, or have an abortion in their state of residence as millions of women did before Roe.

I have pointed out countless times on this forum that the number of legal abortions would not change if Roe v. Wade was overturned.

Countless times.

You can see in your own link those lines move up and down around the 50-50 mark in the aggregate.

And as I have pointed out twice now, quite a few "pro-choice" people are in opposition to Roe v. Wade and don't even know it. Notice below how many say second trimester abortions should be illegal:

2cxia84.jpg

Whatever. The numbers are what they are. This issue is not a winner for nutbags.

2cxia84.jpg

Whatever.
It sure seemed important to you a moment ago! :lol:

Forum List

Back