Oklahoma legislature passes bill making performing abortions a felony

when i read your posts, g5000, i usually agree, or can at least understand where you are coming from.

this thread is the second time where i am having trouble. the first one was about the sting videos to attack planned parenthood. i thought you totally guzzled down that particular flavor of piss. what about that?

Yeah. Check your calendar, because it ain't 1972. Honest.

All this bill needs now is the governor's signature, and the governor is a Republican.

She's also a woman.

And she's pro-life: Sanctity of Life | Mary Fallin for Governor

Oklahoma legislature passes bill making it a felony to perform abortions

This sweeping measure, which opponents described as unconstitutional and unprecedented, now heads to Gov. Mary Fallin (R). She will have five days — not including Sunday — to decide whether to sign the bill, veto it or allow it to become law without her signature, according to a spokesman.

BOOM!

This should give Obama something to do after letting transgenders use any bathroom they feel like using.

So when will he sue?

More importantly, when will Bruce Springsteen cancel his shows?

We have a 4/4 Supreme Court, and an election coming up.

BOOM!
I do not see the boom.

Even if you get another uber conservative on the court I do not think Roe is going anywhere. Abortion will remain for a long time.

I would agree with that. Materialism is the god of America now. It simply costs too much money to raise kids these days, it is much easier to kill them off.

Hello weirdo. Most in America are not pro abortion....but they are pro-choice. You aren't in the majority. Freaks tend to be in the minority. They are actually more comfortable that way.
Actually, Americans are split 50-50 on abortion, and 2/3 are opposed to abortion after the first trimester.

Oklahoma is a deep red state, so its legislature is not turning blue any time soon.

Incorrect. Most Americans are pro choice. Especially women.

Americans Choose "Pro-Choice" for First Time in Seven Years
You can see in your own link those lines move up and down around the 50-50 mark in the aggregate.

And as I have pointed out twice now, quite a few "pro-choice" people are in opposition to Roe v. Wade and don't even know it. Notice below how many say second trimester abortions should be illegal:

Majority of Americans Still Support Roe v. Wade Decision

2cxia84.jpg

Whatever.
It sure seemed important to you a moment ago! :lol:

Nothing is important enough for me to sit here and argue with you when the numbers are staring you in the face. This nation is majority pro choice. Especially women. When I wrote "whatever"...you read "you win". That was you mistaking my boredom for capitulation.

Liberals like g5000 being to stupid FAILED to read the bill. The bill does NOT outlaw abortion. It outlaws PREFORMING abortions.
Totally different thing.
Distinction without a difference. If you knew American history you would know that's always how it was. The performing of abortions was illegal.

I don't understand why they would even consider this Bill?

The Supreme court already said the states couldn't regulate it until the fetus was viable outside the womb.

What a waste of money trying to defend it.

I guess these "small government" conservatives aren't too concerned about wasting the taxpayers' dollars in litigation fees on a law that will get struck down by the first court that hears it.

Oklahoma passes bill making performing abortions a felony

What part of small government does this go against....the primary role of government is protecting citizens from other citizens.....enforcing the law......that is a legitimate role of government and is part of small government.....

Which citizens are being protected under this law? And regulating what someone does with their own body goes very much against small government.

What’s telling, and comes as no surprise, is the conservative ‘solution’ to the problem of abortion is to make it ‘illegal’ – meaning more government, a more powerful government, and less individual liberty.

Also telling is that most on the right seem incapable of finding a solution to the problem of abortion that comports with the Constitution and its case law; indeed, they aren’t even willing to try.

Firstly, I commend you for not saying false fallacy fail.
Secondly, it would require less government and less tax payer money.
Murder isn't a liberty.
Liberty is keeping your legs together, or taking a pill before sex, or after sex. That pretty much solves the problem. If you disregard the 3 rights you DO have, then your rights end. You had your chance. Now it is an others chance at life. Your rights don't usurp it's rights.
^ Those are the solutions. Disregard them and you have a decision to make. Raise the child or let one of the thousands of couple's yearning to adopt raise the child.
Wrong. A woman has the right to terminate an unwanted pregnancy. The US Supreme Court decided that decades ago. Your opinions and wishes don't override Constitutional rights

Conservatives/loserterians are only small government when it comes to helping people and investing in America...Otherwise, they're huge government when it comes to pushing god on people and throwing people in prison for everything they disapprove of.

Conservatives/loserterians are only small government when it comes to helping people and investing in America...Otherwise, they're huge government when it comes to pushing god on people and throwing people in prison for everything they disapprove of.

I still find it entertaining when you call somebody else a loser. :laugh2:

I guess these "small government" conservatives aren't too concerned about wasting the taxpayers' dollars in litigation fees on a law that will get struck down by the first court that hears it.

Oklahoma passes bill making performing abortions a felony

What part of small government does this go against....the primary role of government is protecting citizens from other citizens.....enforcing the law......that is a legitimate role of government and is part of small government.....

Which citizens are being protected under this law? And regulating what someone does with their own body goes very much against small government.
You are making the wrong argument. The law says nothing about what a woman can do with her body. It removes a doctors ability to preform a certain procedure. Read the bill again.

What’s telling, and comes as no surprise, is the conservative ‘solution’ to the problem of abortion is to make it ‘illegal’ – meaning more government, a more powerful government, and less individual liberty.

Also telling is that most on the right seem incapable of finding a solution to the problem of abortion that comports with the Constitution and its case law; indeed, they aren’t even willing to try.

Murder isn't a liberty.
Liberty is keeping your legs together, or taking a pill before sex, or after sex. That pretty much solves the problem. If you disregard the 3 rights you DO have, then your rights end. You had your chance. Now it is an others chance at life. Your rights don't usurp it's rights.
^ Those are the solutions. Disregard them and you have a decision to make. Raise the child or let one of the thousands of couple's yearning to adopt raise the child.
Wrong. A woman has the right to terminate an unwanted pregnancy. The US Supreme Court decided that decades ago. Your opinions and wishes don't override Constitutional rights
Why is everybody NOT reading the bill? It outlaws a medical procedure. Not a right.

The Oklahoma taxpayers should be willing to pay for all the medical expenses for each birth they save...its their responsibility otherwise they are hypocrites. Pro life does not end at birth it assumes taxpayer dollars to feed clothe and ensure free healthcare for that child.

Murder isn't a liberty.
Why is everybody NOT reading the bill? It outlaws a medical procedure. Not a right.
Women have the right to abortion. Outlawing the procedure keeps women in OK from exercising that right. Not that it'll ever hold up in a court of law IF the governor is dumb enough to sign it.

Murder isn't a liberty.
Women have the right to abortion. Outlawing the procedure keeps women in OK from exercising that right. Not that it'll ever hold up in a court of law IF the governor is dumb enough to sign it.
Women are NOT being prevented from that "right". So women cannot even argue as plaintiffs because NOTHING has been taken from THEM.

Its a tactical move and only those DIRECTLY effected can seek change in court and that would be doctors.

The Oklahoma taxpayers should be willing to pay for all the medical expenses for each birth they save...its their responsibility otherwise they are hypocrites. Pro life does not end at birth it assumes taxpayer dollars to feed clothe and ensure free healthcare for that child.
. So that's it eh ? Otherwise don't mess with the killing, because next thing you know society will be over burdened with little rug rats crawling around every where saying feed me huh ? So the best thing to do is keep the killing up so we're not over run by cats, no I meant rabbits, no I meant human beings.

Murder isn't a liberty.
Why is everyone against a bill that outlaws the manufacture and sale of any firearm. After all, it does not limit your right - just does not allow anyone to sell a fire arm?

when i read your posts, g5000, i usually agree, or can at least understand where you are coming from.

this thread is the second time where i am having trouble. the first one was about the sting videos to attack planned parenthood. i thought you totally guzzled down that particular flavor of piss. what about that?
Perhaps if you understood I am pro-life, that would help.

Murder isn't a liberty.
Women are NOT being prevented from that "right". So women cannot even argue as plaintiffs because NOTHING has been taken from THEM.

Its a tactical move and only those DIRECTLY effected can seek change in court and that would be doctors.
You really need to read Roe v. Wade.

Forum List

Back