Oklahoma legislature passes bill making performing abortions a felony

when i read your posts, g5000, i usually agree, or can at least understand where you are coming from.

this thread is the second time where i am having trouble. the first one was about the sting videos to attack planned parenthood. i thought you totally guzzled down that particular flavor of piss. what about that?
Perhaps if you understood I am pro-life, that would help.

You are a reasonable person. Do you find the label "pro-life" to be disingenuous?

I guess these "small government" conservatives aren't too concerned about wasting the taxpayers' dollars in litigation fees on a law that will get struck down by the first court that hears it.

Oklahoma passes bill making performing abortions a felony

What part of small government does this go against....the primary role of government is protecting citizens from other citizens.....enforcing the law......that is a legitimate role of government and is part of small government.....

Which citizens are being protected under this law? And regulating what someone does with their own body goes very much against small government.
You are making the wrong argument. The law says nothing about what a woman can do with her body. It removes a doctors ability to preform a certain procedure. Read the bill again.

That violates the constitutional protection by putting an undue burden on a woman's right to obtain an abortion.

What’s telling, and comes as no surprise, is the conservative ‘solution’ to the problem of abortion is to make it ‘illegal’ – meaning more government, a more powerful government, and less individual liberty.

Also telling is that most on the right seem incapable of finding a solution to the problem of abortion that comports with the Constitution and its case law; indeed, they aren’t even willing to try.

Firstly, I commend you for not saying false fallacy fail.
Secondly, it would require less government and less tax payer money.
Murder isn't a liberty.
Liberty is keeping your legs together, or taking a pill before sex, or after sex. That pretty much solves the problem. If you disregard the 3 rights you DO have, then your rights end. You had your chance. Now it is an others chance at life. Your rights don't usurp it's rights.
^ Those are the solutions. Disregard them and you have a decision to make. Raise the child or let one of the thousands of couple's yearning to adopt raise the child.
Wrong. A woman has the right to terminate an unwanted pregnancy. The US Supreme Court decided that decades ago. Your opinions and wishes don't override Constitutional rights
Why is everybody NOT reading the bill? It outlaws a medical procedure. Not a right.

The right to an abortion IS the right to a medical procedure.

I guess these "small government" conservatives aren't too concerned about wasting the taxpayers' dollars in litigation fees on a law that will get struck down by the first court that hears it.

Oklahoma passes bill making performing abortions a felony
Small government types objected to the passage of the travesty known as rvw. When big govt types pass unconstitutional laws that make human rights violations, abuse and muder legal, small gov't types will attempt to reverse the damage.

Stop making bad laws in order to victimize vulnerable populations and you will find us remarkably relaxed. Pervert the constitution and the law with nonsense, we'll fight back tirelessly. Don't cry, freak.

What’s telling, and comes as no surprise, is the conservative ‘solution’ to the problem of abortion is to make it ‘illegal’ – meaning more government, a more powerful government, and less individual liberty.

Also telling is that most on the right seem incapable of finding a solution to the problem of abortion that comports with the Constitution and its case law; indeed, they aren’t even willing to try.

Murder isn't a liberty.
Liberty is keeping your legs together, or taking a pill before sex, or after sex. That pretty much solves the problem. If you disregard the 3 rights you DO have, then your rights end. You had your chance. Now it is an others chance at life. Your rights don't usurp it's rights.
^ Those are the solutions. Disregard them and you have a decision to make. Raise the child or let one of the thousands of couple's yearning to adopt raise the child.
Wrong. A woman has the right to terminate an unwanted pregnancy. The US Supreme Court decided that decades ago. Your opinions and wishes don't override Constitutional rights
Why is everybody NOT reading the bill? It outlaws a medical procedure. Not a right.

No it's not, that's not what Roe vs Wade was about.

Murder isn't a liberty.

Nonsense. Women have always been able to obtain medically necessary abortions. The right to on demand, optional is simply about being able to kill babies and keep vulnerable women available to fuck men who don't want to pay to support children. "Men" like NYC.

Murder isn't a liberty.

Nope...it is the right to murder another human being.

Murder isn't a liberty.

You can call it whatever you want. Free speech includes idiocy.

Murder isn't a liberty.

And I realize that every time I read your posts......

Prove me wrong on something.

Murder isn't a liberty.

What percent of self-identified pro-lifers would you estimate believe that abortion is murder?

Prove me wrong on something.

--abortion
--guns
--democrat racism

the list is endless....

Murder isn't a liberty.

What percent of self-identified pro-lifers would you estimate believe that abortion is murder?

All of them.....not all of them will say it...but if you believe that killing an innocent human being is murder....then killing a baby in the womb is murder....they want to tip toe around the issue.....they want to change minds thinking that by calling it murder then people will resist more.......

It is murder......

Murder isn't a liberty.

. All of them..

. All of them..

Okay. Then why do almost none of them want the law changed to create murder charges for women who have abortions?

Forum List

Back