Oklahoma approves largest single-day commutation in US history

Legalize drugs because our homeless street csmps aren't big enough. There must be a street somewhere that is not covered in shit.

Legalize drugs because our homeless street csmps aren't big enough. There must be a street somewhere that is not covered in shit.
I'm sure those homeless people wished the could live in someone's shed like you do

Opium den - Wikipedia
Inside the Story of America’s 19th-Century Opiate Addiction | History | Smithsonian
Peek at these, just fyi. Recreational opiates that are highly addictive waste a society. People can't function. It's not like pot or even for most people beer that they can take or leave. It's gonna get you addicted; it's miserable as hell when you can't get it. It is not just psychological but physical.
THAT's why you don't want to open it up to free use by anyone that wants it. We've been there before and done that already.

Actually, many can function fine as long as they get their drugs. (Thousands of morphine addicts did fine after WW1.)

A lifelong opiate addict only revolutionized medicine. You know someone alive because of his work.
I know a lot of people dead because of opiates.
Darwin is a harsh master.

Prison is not rehabilitative. Criminals only learn better skills. Prisons need to be run as punitive institutions, albeit in compliance with the laws to do so in a humane (as much as possible) and safe manner.
There is no such thing as rehabilitation... lol

Prison is not rehabilitative. Criminals only learn better skills. Prisons need to be run as punitive institutions, albeit in compliance with the laws to do so in a humane (as much as possible) and safe manner.
Do you have any idea how many people have a felony conviction in their past..and never break the law--absent traffic violations...again?
Easy for you to figure out..just take the stats on recidivism...and turn them upside-down. Many..if not most rehabilitate--given that a lot of them were never in need of such in the first place..as the it was the law that was bad..not the person.

Prison should be for the protection of society..and not punitive. Take away drug convictions for possession....property crimes....and white collar crime. Then you jail the rest of the violent and sexual offenders. Our prion populations would drop to manageable sizes..and we would save billions as a society.

As a side benefit...many of the hard drug users would kill themselves off....and the lesson would not be lost on our children.

We need less law..a lot less----and more civility and responsibility..a lot more!

Do you have any idea how many people have a felony conviction in their past..and never break the law--absent traffic violations...again?
Easy for you to figure out..just take the stats on recidivism...and turn them upside-down. Many..if not most rehabilitate--given that a lot of them were never in need of such in the first place..as the it was the law that was bad..not the person.

Prison should be for the protection of society..and not punitive. Take away drug convictions for possession....property crimes....and white collar crime. Then you jail the rest of the violent and sexual offenders. Our prion populations would drop to manageable sizes..and we would save billions as a society.

As a side benefit...many of the hard drug users would kill themselves off....and the lesson would not be lost on our children.

We need less law..a lot less----and more civility and responsibility..a lot more!
The vast majority of violent crime is done repeat offenders... Execute Violent criminals problem solved

Leopards cannot change their spots…

Drugs should be legal
What people put in their body is their own problem. There is no reasonable objection to it.
Like all of those young people dying from opioid overdoses. Nothing wrong with that.
The biggest driver of opioid overdoses is illegal cutting processes. If they were regulated, they wouldn't be cut with crazy shit like fentanyl
Why does anyone need to use drugs in the first place? Regulating and legalizing only encourages more usage, dependency and death.

Drugs should be legal
What people put in their body is their own problem. There is no reasonable objection to it.
Like all of those young people dying from opioid overdoses. Nothing wrong with that.
The biggest driver of opioid overdoses is illegal cutting processes. If they were regulated, they wouldn't be cut with crazy shit like fentanyl
Why does anyone need to use drugs in the first place? Regulating and legalizing only encourages more usage, dependency and death.
Why do people over eat? Drink too much alcohol? Smoke digs? Buy 10 cars?
It's none of our business.
And the other has already been debunked in this thread.

What other people do to themselves is none of my business....pretty clear cut. These are family issues.
They make it everyone's business by ... stealing your stuff to buy their drugs, driving too high to see and killing your daughter on the road, taking a job with you and then not showing up to work two days out of five, causing havoc in your business... I could go on. It affects you, if you know it or not.
Millions of other things cause that too.
So let's add a million and one?

Drugs should be legal
Let’s just legalize murder since people are going to murder anyway.

Drugs should be legal
You equate murder to individual drug use?
Are you joking? Lol. You got to be joking.

You equate murder to individual drug use?
Are you joking? Lol. You got to be joking.
When you consider opioid ODs to the point of crisis, yes. When you consider the death substance abuse causes, yes.

If they think letting people out of jail makes sense economically, they are in for a big surprise. They will be in the same mess as the West Coast with sprawling addict encampments, and they will attempt many expensive, pointless plans which will do nothing. Letting people out of jail is an extraordinarily bad idea with proven examples of failure from Seattle all the way down to LA. Besides inadvertently increasing costs for damages, you will have a skyrocketing rate of theft and home invasion.

If they think letting people out of jail makes sense economically, they are in for a big surprise. They will be in the same mess as the West Coast with sprawling addict encampments, and they will attempt many expensive, pointless plans which will do nothing. Letting people out of jail is an extraordinarily bad idea with proven examples of failure from Seattle all the way down to LA. Besides inadvertently increasing costs for damages, you will have a skyrocketing rate of theft and home invasion.
Have you any links to any of your allegations? Directly showing that releasing people early from prison leads to any of your aforementioned issues?

Drugs should be legal
Actually, no, it isn’t just their own problem unless they are wealthy enough to retire to their homes, keep up with bills, and veg in their homes, absent of a spouse or kids, never to emerge. Otherwise the minute they interact with either of those, or the outside world, it then involves others.
I'm not advocating for people shooting up in the streets.
I’m totally ok with you shooting up in the streets.

Drugs should be legal
Actually, no, it isn’t just their own problem unless they are wealthy enough to retire to their homes, keep up with bills, and veg in their homes, absent of a spouse or kids, never to emerge. Otherwise the minute they interact with either of those, or the outside world, it then involves others.
I'm not advocating for people shooting up in the streets.
And your imagined legislation would insure they don’t, how? Do you suggest locking them into their homes, alone? Home delivery for the drugs when they need them again?
Umm no. Just legalize it and regulate it.
If they go off the deep end, it's their own fault. Just like with alcohol..
We legalized alcohol and alcohol related offenses and addicts shot down. Something to consider.
Making it difficult to get is one way of limiting the number of addicts, TN. I don't advocate being able to walk into Rite Aid and buy heroin the way I can Budweiser.
Why not?

Don’t you want people to experience their predictable surprises?

If I were an Oklahoma resident I’d be sitting outside these prisons with a high powered rifle, a scope, and as much semi as I could carry; just pooping balloons as each one comes out the front door on release day.
If you were an Oklahoma resident, you wouldn't do shit but run your dick suckers online like you doing now..shut the fuck up

So, easy, legal means, of getting heroine in the UK cut use.
We made alcohol legal and experienced the same results..
Hmmmm
I find it really hard to believe we had MORE alcoholics during prohibition than afterward. It makes no sense at all. I think you got into one of those hinky sources of yours again.
Says the woman that defeated her own argument. Lol
After Repeal, when tax data permit better-founded consumption estimates than we have for the Prohibition Era, per capita annual consumption stood at 1.2 US gallons (4.5 liters), less than half the level of the pre-Prohibition period

Did Prohibition Really Work? Alcohol Prohibition as a Public Health Innovation
? I'm not arguing with you, TN.
You said making it difficult to get would reduce addicts. Even though keeping it illegal for decades have caused more people to do it lol.
It DOES reduce addicts. Opiates aren't pot or even alcohol. Regular use causes physical addiction no matter what. It causes drug seeking behaviors that change the brain chemistry and create the addicts we all know and watch send their lives down the toilet. You don't want to sell that on the shelves at Walgreens.
I agree with you that a program where the heroin is supplied and regulated is safer and if it works, go for it, but I am pretty darned sure that Great Britain isn't handing out heroin to anyone who feels like getting high. That's the only difference in our ideas here.

The opiates aren't the problem. The doctors giving them out like candy is the problem.

When I was in the hospital as a teen I had a coughing fit caused by a major sinus infection. To get me to stop coughing they gave me a dose of delicious codine laced cough medicine. After two doses I was begging for more. They said no. I was pissed. But they were right. I didn't need more, I WANTED more.

The opiates aren't the problem. The doctors giving them out like candy is the problem.

The candy store is closed now, at least here in Colorado. The DEA has become an extremely strict overseer when it comes to opiate prescribing. They are monitoring physicians and nurse practitioners prescribing practices and if they determine a doctor or NP is, in their mind, over prescribing they will be suspending their DEA license to prescribe anything - period. I know of two physicians where I live that have had that happen. It basically kills their practice.

Forum List

Back