ok is trying to alienate teachers?

The schools should belong to the community that sends the children to the schools. The local community. This is what being a conservative is all about. We are not anti-gov, but we believe gov is best managed and overseen when you can walk down the street and look eyeball to eyeball at your gov officials.
Sounds like more slogan-speak signifying nothing to me. Your conservativism strikes me as being a bit sketchy. I'm a classical liberal, a Lockean, i.e., a conservative-libertarian per today's parlance, a proponent of natural law and the inalienable rights thereof. I'm talking about the sociopolitical ethos on which this nation was founded.

Institutions of education do not exist in ideological vacuums. One size does not fit all. Where there is no choice, there is no liberty. A collectivist system of education is a rank violation of natural and constitutional law.

I can't believe any parent would put their kids through the cruelty of public schools

I'd work 4 jobs to save kids from that cancer education

When a Baltimore student with a 0.1 GPA and is in the top half, you know I am right

Public schools are about as bad as electrical cord beating wounds hidden on a child. in fact I would prefer that than going to these awful awful places

Very much depends on the school. They range from abysmal to excellent

Banning the teaching of Evolution could be a real money saver. If Evolution is out, so is science and biology and those who teach those commie courses.

Teachers started being "strangled" by fuktard politicians back in the 80's, and it's gotten worse every year since. Teachers have no power over their classrooms anymore, they cannot use control, they cannot teach outside of the school districts curriculum, and the school administration has no power to govern their own schools.

Teachers are just highly paid babysitters, nothing more.

Don't understand why anybody would want to put themselves in the position of "teaching", it's a waste of time, effort, and money.

Sounds like more slogan-speak to me. Your conservativism strikes me as being a bit sketchy. I'm a classical liberal, a Lockean, i.e., a conservative-libertarian per today's parlance, a proponent of natural law and the inalienable rights thereof. I'm talking about the sociopolitical ethos on which this nation was founded.

Institutions of education do not exist in ideological vacuums. One size does not fit all. Where there is no choice, there is no liberty. A collectivist system of education is a rank violation of natural and constitutional law.

I'm probably more in line with your thinking than you have reason to believe. I too am an advocate for school choice, with the caveat that if private institutions are going to take public dollars they cannot keep "certain" children out.

Sweeping, very generalized statements like this are frankly lazy. They lead to disasters like "defund the police". You're doing the same to education. While you seek to burn down the enclaves in say, Brooklyn and Berkeley, you're also setting fire to small town elementary schools in Oklahoma that can't get actual teachers, let alone subs. And here you are, wanting to put a live camera feed on teachers making beans just out of college--the very few teachers we can actually get in the profession, which diminishes every year. A million times worse, live camera feeds on SIX year olds. I can't argue with you on this anymore; it's patently insane and rife for being abused by pedophiles. But whatever. You're just as crazy-eyed as the people on the Left salivating about defunding the police. Burn it all down. Count the cost later.

We live in one of the most insane, stupid eras in history. And that's saying a mouthful.
The teachers spilling out lib education puppy mills are with few exceptions libs themselves

some worse than others, but all are willing to follow the woke lib agenda or they wont last long as teachers

We are just not going to agree on this subject

Teachers started being "strangled" by fuktard politicians back in the 80's, and it's gotten worse every year since. Teachers have no power over their classrooms anymore, they cannot use control, they cannot teach outside of the school districts curriculum, and the school administration has no power to govern their own schools.

Teachers are just highly paid babysitters, nothing more.

Don't understand why anybody would want to put themselves in the position of "teaching", it's a waste of time, effort, and money.

Well you're partly right.

Teachers are in the impossible situation of having to take on everything, first. We feed children two meals a day. We provide appropriate clothes and medical care. We are expected to correct extreme behavioral issues. And I do mean extreme.

But

The societal stew also says, "you can't correct my kid. That's my kid", with a strong bend toward "the customer is always right". It's an impossible line to ride for the small salary many beginning teachers make. Many young people look at it and rightly say, no thanks anymore.

And as much as I love teaching--and I do love it--I can't really blame them. I wouldn't change one part of it for myself. But entering it now? We're just too much of a mess, as a society.

The teachers spilling out lib education puppy mills are with few exceptions libs themselves

some worse than others, but all are willing to follow the woke lib agenda or they wont last long as teachers

We are just not going to agree on this subject

No, so your solution is to burn it all down. Like "defund the police".

How's that working out, by the way? Liberals think it was a great idea?

As it is we have a blistering teacher shortage that is only getting worse. It was bad before the pandemic. Now it's just something like I never imagined.

I work in a good district. Say, long about 15 years ago, we had hundreds--no exaggeration--of applications for a single elementary grade level teaching position. It was ridiculous. Now, it's a bidding war. Even before the pandemic, young people were not going into it. Now? Tumbleweeds everywhere.

My fellow conservatives who bash ALL teachers have no idea what they're bringing on. Yes, some of it is deserved. But in 10 years when the teachers we do have are even worse, because they basically must hire high school drop outs to do it, don't say we didn't warn you.

And don't even get me started on Special Ed. Just....don't.
I have nothing but contempt for the public education system. May it burn to the ground.

For one teachers have to teach the curriculum they are given to teach.

If that curriculum does not include LGBTQ or whatever else it should not be taught by teachers in that school system.

If the course work does include that then this bill is an obvious violation of the first amandment because a law would be passed that favors a religion's point of view.

The proposed act, named the “Students’ Religious Belief Protection Act” mean parents can demand the removal of any book with perceived anti-religious content from school. Subjects like LGBTQ issues, evolution, the big bang theory and even birth control could be off the table.

Teachers could be sued a minimum of $10,000 “per incident, per individual” and the fines would be paid “from personal resources” not from school funds or from individuals or groups. If the teacher is unable to pay, they will be fired, under the legislation.

i simply cannot believe the absolute stupidity of trying to fine teachers...in the age of everyone is offended by something
Yes that's the 8th level of hell crazy. Can you imagine the suits by Muslims, Satanists and extreme pacifist Christian sects (no pledges etc ). Catholics and Hindus can sue if nonevoutionist theories are taught. Lawyer happy fun time and teachers leaving even more.

But it's Oklahoma.

Parents need to take control of their local school boards and kick the liberal out

then install cameras on the classrooms and go after the liberal teachers how are pushing the hate-America agenda
Then
Mmm...that's not a police state.

In the same vein as this thread maybe cameras in the classrooms that can be accessed by administrators and the parents of children in the school might be a good idea

So you're anti-choice. All right then.
What are you talking about? The prevailing system is tyrannical. I don't use it, yet I am taxed to support it. May it burn to the ground.

How the hell does that make me opposed to educational liberty?

The proposed act, named the “Students’ Religious Belief Protection Act” mean parents can demand the removal of any book with perceived anti-religious content from school. Subjects like LGBTQ issues, evolution, the big bang theory and even birth control could be off the table.

Teachers could be sued a minimum of $10,000 “per incident, per individual” and the fines would be paid “from personal resources” not from school funds or from individuals or groups. If the teacher is unable to pay, they will be fired, under the legislation.

i simply cannot believe the absolute stupidity of trying to fine teachers...in the age of everyone is offended by something
this is reaction to the insane left. if they can ban shit without full agreement or authority, the right is showing they can too.

and on queue, the left cries foil.

In the same vein as this thread maybe cameras in the classrooms that can be accessed by administrators and the parents of children in the school might be a good idea

What if a parent does not approve of their child being filmed? In our district we have to sign a release to even have their picture used.

I can just see this going all kinds of south. Some poor kid gets called on to answer a question and they mess up the answer and BOOM the video of them being wrong is now spread around on the social media network of the other students and everyone gets a good laugh

Forum List

Back