Ohio police shot black man 60 times

You said that the police cannot detain somebody for 72 hours unless they committed a crime.
When did I say that?

In order to justify a detention, an officer must be able to articulate specific facts that lead to a reasonable suspicion that the suspect is involved in criminal activity.
Well, fighting with the cops is committing a crime so yes, they can take you in custody or detainment.
No shit.

Wrong. He DID have a duty to cooperate. Otherwise, police cannot do the job we ask of them.

He told them his name, what he was doing and pointed out his house he was going to. He doesn't even have to do that unless they can state a valid reason why they are asking and they could not.

He told them his name, what he was doing and pointed out his house he was going to. He doesn't even have to do that unless they can state a valid reason why they are asking and they could not.

It's called the Terry law named after Terry vs Ohio. The court ruled that police can detain you for questioning if they believe you may have committed, or about to commit a crime. You don't have the right to dismiss yourself, they must dismiss you in order for you to leave. If you leave before officers tell you to continue what you were doing, they can arrest you for reasonable suspicion.

So, by not assisting, you appear suspicious of the crime?

Innocent until proven guilty. Why people want to defend only some of our rights continue to escape me. Then you will get mad when people want to ignore the ones you support.

I may understand that there are negative consequences to our rights BUT they are always better than the alternative.

It's called the Terry law named after Terry vs Ohio. The court ruled that police can detain you for questioning if they believe you may have committed, or about to commit a crime. You don't have the right to dismiss yourself, they must dismiss you in order for you to leave. If you leave before officers tell you to continue what you were doing, they can arrest you for reasonable suspicion.

Didn't apply here. In my example I posted with my son they were not finished "investigating" but I pointed out that they had no justification to investigate anything.

When did I say that?

In order to justify a detention, an officer must be able to articulate specific facts that lead to a reasonable suspicion that the suspect is involved in criminal activity.

Walking around in the hottest month of the year with a sky mask on is reasonable suspicion. Either you committed a crime or are just plain loony in the head.

Didn't apply here. In my example I posted with my son they were not finished "investigating" but I pointed out that they had no justification to investigate anything.

Of course it applied here. They were asking this guy some questions and he just decided he was going to leave. You can't do that. You can refuse to answer any questions, but you can't decide you're going to just walk away from police while under questioning.

Innocent until proven guilty. Why people want to defend only some of our rights continue to escape me. Then you will get mad when people want to ignore the ones you support.

I may understand that there are negative consequences to our rights BUT they are always better than the alternative.
"Innocent until proven guilty" applies only AFTER you are charged, counselor.
Why do you defend criminals and criticize cops CONSTANTLY.

"Innocent until proven guilty" applies only AFTER you are charged, counselor.
Why do you defend criminals and criticize cops CONSTANTLY.

He's part of the anti-cop movement that led to the inability for police departments to find new recruits. This is what my city is suffering right now. We had five openings for new police officers, and it took them nearly a year to find two applicants willing to do the job and able to pass all the tests required to be a police officer.

Who wants to do a job of law enforcement when they prohibit you from enforcing the law, or otherwise create such a danger for officers nobody wants to deal with it? It's not just my city, but a nationwide problem, and people like Superbad and Pknopp are part of this movement.

Not long ago a police job was one well in demand, especially for males. When you tried for the job you were up against hundreds of other guys wanting to become a cop. Thanks to this satanic movement, it's just the opposite today. The devil is winning as more and more people side with evil instead of the good. And this is why now more than ever, people need to carry firearms for self-defense.

Innocent until proven guilty.
Only when it comes to prosecution. We're not even there yet. Suspicious until investigation leads elsewhere.

You MUST stop your backwards thinking on this issue.

If police are asking questions, they are not doing so for their health. Why do police ask questions? If you are not the person they are after, help them clear you of suspicion so they can apprehend the real perp.

YOUR method is to cause MORE suspicion and turn their attention toward YOU, rather than lead them to the right person.

YOUR method is to cause MORE suspicion and turn their attention toward YOU, rather than lead them to the right person.
Exactly what a lot of blacks do in the extreme. Nopp must be an ex jail house lawyer. We had some in the prison. They had clients but they didn't ever get them out of prison! Prolly kept them in!

Forum List

Back