Oh The Huge Manatee!.....A Rattle-Canned Camo-ed Rifle

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
I was at one of my go-to shops the other day and we were joking around and the owner said why don't you take this home with you, it's been here a year, while pointing at a rattle-canned camo-ed HK-91 type rifle.

Well I hate rattle-can camo guns but to humor him I picked-it up and noticed that it was a Century C308 Sporter....I'd never noticed that before.....That's a good thing!

It was priced at $650.00 so I threw $375.00 at him and he bit. I added three more mags (four steel CETME mags total) and settled on $400.00.

308 001 (2).JPG

Usually anything from Century Arms that looks CETME or G3/HK-91ish is a red flag but not the C308.

Century was sitting on a bunch of CETME parts kits so they had PTR Industries build them out using a PTR barrel, poly lower, and PTR receiver. They fulfilled the contract and that was it....Some say only around 2K were built, maybe less....PTR has a excellent build reputation. This one was no exception performance wise.

I took it home and checked the bolt gap and it was good to go, grabbed a couple boxes of SA 7.62 NATO and took it down to my range.

Hell, the irons were dead-on and I only had to move the scope a couple of ticks up.....I got 2.25"-2.50" groups at 100 yards.....About what I expected with the SA fodder so I'm pleased with it, ugly as it is....When PTR built them they also added a welded rail to the receiver in front of the CETME rear sight.

Whoever scoped it did a good job and used a see-through mount and a old Burris 2.5X shotgun scope which has a bit more eye relief allowing it to be set farther forward. They also removed the Century muzzle brake and installed a 5/8 X 24 bird cage flash hider which brings the total barrel length to 18.25".

While everyone was watching the "liar, liar, pants on fire" SOTU farce last evening I cobbled together a sling for it using a old SKS sling and a CETME sling hook. ;)

I was at one of my go-to shops the other day and we were joking around and the owner said why don't you take this home with you, it's been here a year, while pointing at a rattle-canned camo-ed HK-91 type rifle.

Well I hate rattle-can camo guns but to humor him I picked-it up and noticed that it was a Century C308 Sporter....I'd never noticed that before.....That's a good thing!

It was priced at $650.00 so I threw $375.00 at him and he bit. I added three more mags (four steel CETME mags total) and settled on $400.00.

View attachment 755057

Usually anything from Century Arms that looks CETME or G3/HK-91ish is a red flag but not the C308.

Century was sitting on a bunch of CETME parts kits so they had PTR Industries build them out using a PTR barrel, poly lower, and PTR receiver. They fulfilled the contract and that was it....Some say only around 2K were built, maybe less....PTR has a excellent build reputation. This one was no exception performance wise.

I took it home and checked the bolt gap and it was good to go, grabbed a couple boxes of SA 7.62 NATO and took it down to my range.

Hell, the irons were dead-on and I only had to move the scope a couple of ticks up.....I got 2.25"-2.50" groups at 100 yards.....About what I expected with the SA fodder so I'm pleased with it, ugly as it is....When PTR built them they also added a welded rail to the receiver in front of the CETME rear sight.

Whoever scoped it did a good job and used a see-through mount and a old Burris 2.5X shotgun scope which has a bit more eye relief allowing it to be set farther forward. They also removed the Century muzzle brake and installed a 5/8 X 24 bird cage flash hider which brings the total barrel length to 18.25".

While everyone was watching the "liar, liar, pants on fire" SOTU farce last evening I cobbled together a sling for it using a old SKS sling and a CETME sling hook. ;)
From a Canadian's POV, camo assault weapons are just as undesirable as black assault weapons. They're both made and intended to appeal to those who will use them to shoot at human silouette targets, that are a substitute for shooting at people. That should be taken literally.

But it's not necessarily saying that any one particular individual will shoot at people. It 'is' saying that the next mass shooter is likely to be using one of the two, on account of them being the most efficient weapon to take to school.

Why do you want that weapon? His speech contained several lies.

From a Canadian's POV, camo assault weapons are just as undesirable as black assault weapons. They're both made and intended to appeal to those who will use them to shoot at human silhouette targets, that are a substitute for shooting at people. That should be taken literally.

But it's not necessarily saying that any one particular individual will shoot at people. It 'is' saying that the next mass shooter is likely to be using one of the two, on account of them being the most efficient weapon to take to school.

Why did I want it?

Really? I don't need to explain myself to you.....It's a sign of weakness.

From a Canadian's POV, camo assault weapons are just as undesirable as black assault weapons. They're both made and intended to appeal to those who will use them to shoot at human silouette targets, that are a substitute for shooting at people. That should be taken literally.

we want it because fuck you,,,

never know when canadians will grow balls and attack from the north,,

Why did I want it?

Really? I don't need to explain myself to you.....It's a sign of weakness.
Of course you don't and that wasn't the reason why I commented here. But I'm still wondering why you seem to be trolling for a response when you post nearly every day that you've bought another gun?

Of course you don't and that wasn't the reason why I commented here. But I'm still wondering why you seem to be trolling for a response when you post nearly every day that you've bought another gun?
I am still wondering why some canadian is sticking his nose where it doesnt belong??

View attachment 755057

So is that typical grouping for a gun like that? Dadgummit I want better!

It's time for your ice cream cone, now, Donald. The grown-ups are talking.

Forum List

Back