Oh Noez! Polar Bears to be Extinct in 80 Years

Wasn't it several years ago, scientists were saying the Polar Bears were going extinct because of overfishing, human encroachment/loss of habitat, overhunting???

Yep. But do we pay attention?

Hell no.

I remember Cousteau saying we needed to clean up our filth. We've known this for a long time but its our (and your) kids and grand kids who will suffer.

All so the willfully ignorant can embrace stupidity.

Hint: if you're not part of the 1%, if you're not leaving that to your kids, they're screwed.

From a week ago??? Yep you're not paying attention.

Some idjits are to obtuse or satiated in their own greed to get it so they attempt to lay charge to another having no clue where the other one gets there information.

radiated sea lions.JPG

This is the legacy that humanity is leaving for their posterity; a dead world. Humanity has allowed itself to be ruled by a ruthless, psychopathic gang of parasites whose greed and insatiable lust for power knows no bounds. There really is no one to blame but ourselves. The information in this article is not even a scratch in the surface of the true magnitude of this nuclear disaster. The radiation will bioaccumulate in the ocean and atmosphere for centuries to come. Mankind is staring our very extinction in the face. This is an opportunity for humanity to face the force of our own destructiveness, and to come together as one family.

http://www.ocean4future.org/archives/2903

Hotter seas threaten marine wildlife with extinction - researchers

View attachment 192305

LONDON, May 7 (Thomson Reuters Foundation) - Polar bears and other iconic animals could be extinct by the end of the century if ocean temperatures continue to rise at the current rate, marine biologists warned Monday.

So.

Why would they die in just a few generations? Fish and seals are there for food. Polar bears have been living in the San Diego zoo for decades, so warmth doesn’t harm them. The oceans are rising so that warmth is well hidden. So what’s going to kill them?

The absurdity of the chicken little left in their doomsday predictions is hilarious. They’ve been making this prediction for decades only to find thier population increasing.
View attachment 192307

Oceans were much warmer 10,000 to 1,000 years ago, yet the Polar Bears are still here.

Pacific Ocean Heat Content During the Past 10,000 Years

"Abstract
Observed increases in ocean heat content (OHC) and temperature are robust indicators of global warming during the past several decades. We used high-resolution proxy records from sediment cores to extend these observations in the Pacific 10,000 years beyond the instrumental record. We show that water masses linked to North Pacific and Antarctic intermediate waters were warmer by 2.1 ± 0.4°C and 1.5 ± 0.4°C, respectively, during the middle Holocene Thermal Maximum than over the past century. Both water masses were ~0.9°C warmer during the Medieval Warm period than during the Little Ice Age and ~0.65° warmer than in recent decades. Although documented changes in global surface temperatures during the Holocene and Common era are relatively small, the concomitant changes in OHC are large."

LINK
Doesn't it have to do with the ice floes melting? That's where the bears do their "fishing," I think.

Nope. Polar bears were almost driven to extinction though through over hunting. The Marine Mammal Treaty of the 1970's saved them. Now they are everywhere.
Yes, and NOW their hunting grounds are melting. Read the links.

Watch Erik the Viking. Funny movie.
You don't have to go as far as Guam; just ask people living in Norfolk, Virginia if the sea is rising.

Rising to what level? That which it was millions of years ago?
It's been on the news. There's been flooding of streets and coastal areas during routine full moon high tides. The military, which has several large bases in the area, is busy trying to figure out how to protect its facilities. I'm not making that up.

View attachment 192305

LONDON, May 7 (Thomson Reuters Foundation) - Polar bears and other iconic animals could be extinct by the end of the century if ocean temperatures continue to rise at the current rate, marine biologists warned Monday.

So.

Why would they die in just a few generations? Fish and seals are there for food. Polar bears have been living in the San Diego zoo for decades, so warmth doesn’t harm them. The oceans are rising so that warmth is well hidden. So what’s going to kill them?

The absurdity of the chicken little left in their doomsday predictions is hilarious. They’ve been making this prediction for decades only to find thier population increasing.
View attachment 192307

Oceans were much warmer 10,000 to 1,000 years ago, yet the Polar Bears are still here.

"Abstract
Observed increases in ocean heat content (OHC) and temperature are robust indicators of global warming during the past several decades. We used high-resolution proxy records from sediment cores to extend these observations in the Pacific 10,000 years beyond the instrumental record. We show that water masses linked to North Pacific and Antarctic intermediate waters were warmer by 2.1 ± 0.4°C and 1.5 ± 0.4°C, respectively, during the middle Holocene Thermal Maximum than over the past century. Both water masses were ~0.9°C warmer during the Medieval Warm period than during the Little Ice Age and ~0.65° warmer than in recent decades. Although documented changes in global surface temperatures during the Holocene and Common era are relatively small, the concomitant changes in OHC are large."

LINK
Doesn't it have to do with the ice floes melting? That's where the bears do their "fishing," I think.

Nope. Polar bears were almost driven to extinction though through over hunting. The Marine Mammal Treaty of the 1970's saved them. Now they are everywhere.

I posted links showing that Polar Bears LIVED through MUCH warmer seas and warmer atmosphere.

Post 3

Post 42

Post 74

You have yet to address the science research in my links that make clear that Polar Bears are resilient and adaptive.

Some idjits are to obtuse or satiated in their own greed to get it so they attempt to lay charge to another having no clue where the other one gets there information.

View attachment 193750

This is the legacy that humanity is leaving for their posterity; a dead world. Humanity has allowed itself to be ruled by a ruthless, psychopathic gang of parasites whose greed and insatiable lust for power knows no bounds. There really is no one to blame but ourselves. The information in this article is not even a scratch in the surface of the true magnitude of this nuclear disaster. The radiation will bioaccumulate in the ocean and atmosphere for centuries to come. Mankind is staring our very extinction in the face. This is an opportunity for humanity to face the force of our own destructiveness, and to come together as one family.

http://www.ocean4future.org/archives/2903

Your link is full of crap.

They leave out critical information that would quickly destroy the entire narrative of their dishonest LYING claims.

From Live Science,

7 Years After Fukushima Disaster: Little Radioactive Material in US Waters
By Laura Geggel, Senior Writer | March 11, 2018

Excerpt:

However, "it is important to note that all of the radiation levels detected across the United States have been very low, well below any level of public and environmental concern," they wrote.

Radioactive levels dropped from April to May 2011, largely because most of the material had such short half-lives, the researchers wrote. For instance, with a half-life of eight days, iodine-131 is basically "dead" after 10 half-lives, or 80 days, Thakur said. Some tests found no detectable Fukushima-related radionuclides after May 2011, the researchers said.

As for cesium-134, which has a half-life of 2.1 years, "it appeared for a few weeks after the event, but nowadays it's not there," Thakur said. "It's gone because the amount was so small." She added that because seven years have passed, "I would be really surprised if anybody in the whole U.S. can see [cesium-] 134 in the air."

At 30.1 years, cesium-137 has the longest half-life of the bunch, but it's important to put it in context, Thakur said. The United States already has cesium-137 in the environment because it was testing nuclear weapons in the 1950s and 1960s.

The cesium-137 from Fukushima is small compared with the radionuclides left over from the 1950s and 1960s, Thakur said. .

"Whatever we have measured [of cesium-137] from Fukushima, it is a very small amount, is not going to harm anybody," she said.

===================================
Ocean dispersion, radioactive time decay and massive dilution in the ocean waters, all rapidly dilute the harmful effects.

View attachment 192305

So.

View attachment 192307

"Abstract

LINK

I posted links showing that Polar Bears LIVED through MUCH warmer seas and warmer atmosphere.

Post 3

Post 42

Post 74

You have yet to address the science research in my links that make clear that Polar Bears are resilient and adaptive.
I never said they weren't. I don't believe every polar bear on earth will die within 80 years. I am simply pointing out (repeatedly, without success) that their numbers may well decline if their feeding grounds continue to provide shorter seasons for hunting. It makes them less well prepared to face the starving time. Capiche?

"The traditional subsistence hunting of the polar bear was on a small enough scale to not significantly effect the populations of the polar bears."

Polar Bear Hunting - A look at the history of polar bear hunting

As to the adoption of modern methods, I agree the literature shows that to have been a threat to their population. Now, however, it is the loss of ice.

If that were true there would be a loss of polar bear population. There isn't. We know for certain that the Arctic has been ice free at least four times while polar bears have been in existence so the claim that loss of sea ice will wipe them out is likewise not an issue.
It’s the only story plausible to lie to low information parrots

"Abstract

LINK

Post 3

Post 42

Post 74

I never said they weren't. I don't believe every polar bear on earth will die within 80 years. I am simply pointing out (repeatedly, without success) that their numbers may well decline if their feeding grounds continue to provide shorter seasons for hunting. It makes them less well prepared to face the starving time. Capiche?
But your side has stated the surrounding areas have suffered your claim and counts went up! They’re pointing that out to you. You ignore that fact.

"Abstract

LINK

Post 3

Post 42

Post 74

Ok, but you have yet to show what is the oscillating population range is over a time frame of centuries. 20,000- 30,000 might be a normal range or it is well above average. We simply don't know what is normal for them population wise in the Arctic region.

They lived through climatic conditions in the early Holocene up to the MWP that were far more challenging than what they face in todays climate. That is what we DO KNOW, thus the caterwalling over them seen overdone and even stupid.

Hunting remains their biggest threat to their existence, which got regulated a few decades ago to stop the population decline. That is what saved them is the control of hunting and the limits imposed.

"Abstract

LINK

Post 3

Post 42

Post 74

Their feeding grounds aren't under threat. The claim is they won't be able to give birth on the ice floes. That they won't be able to rest etc. The people making these claims ignore the fact that they ARE marine mammals. They are classified the same as whales. You may ask why that is the case ( a reasonable question) and it becomes obvious when you read that scientists have been tracking their travels for quite a few years now and the average distance swum by a polar bear is 97 miles. Yes, you read that correctly....97 MILES is the average swim distance.

The claim that the loss of pack ice will be the downfall of the polar bear is not born out by factual observations. In fact the observations show the exact opposite.

View attachment 192305

So.

View attachment 192307

"Abstract

LINK

They don't hunt on the ice old lady.

Post 3

Post 42

Post 74

But your side has stated the surrounding areas have suffered your claim and counts went up! They’re pointing that out to you. You ignore that fact.
jc, some people in this thread have already pointed out that the polar bear population declined severely due to OVER HUNTING and poaching several decades ago. When that was corrected, they came back. These are two different issues.

View attachment 192305

So.

View attachment 192307

"Abstract

LINK

They hunt FROM the ice. The original article is presented here for your amusement. You are obviously saying these scientists are lying. Right?

Post 3

Post 42

Post 74

jc, some people in this thread have already pointed out that the polar bear population declined severely due to OVER HUNTING and poaching several decades ago. When that was corrected, they came back. These are two different issues.
yes they did, they also stated that laws were implemented and the counts went up. Nothing related to environment or lack of food. that is purely made up fake news by the left. You have been spewing that in here. You have absolutely no evidence that environment has harmed the Polar Bear. Just haven't. you can deflect all you want away from what you, you said, not others.

"Abstract

LINK

They hunt FROM the ice. The original article is presented here for your amusement. You are obviously saying these scientists are lying. Right?

Gee how did they survive the little to no summer ice levels, for a few THOUSAND years?

Your link is absurd since they survived those "hotter" seas early in the Holocene, MUCH warmer than today. Not only that it is hyperbolic and is based on a unverified projection to year 2100. Very little science was actually shown. It is also wildly misleading and dishonest.

No link for the he he.... study is visible either.......................

"Abstract

LINK

I won't make the claim that they are lying, but i will stipulate that they are not engaging in very good scientific work. Furthermore they ignore the work of biologists who specialize in polar bear research and actually work with the bears on the ground. Why do they do this you ask (or at least you should) simple, the polar bear experts state that climate change isn't a problem. They have observed no impact whatsoever when there has been reduced pack ice. in fact they have found that polar bears avoid the heavy ice of the central polar region because of lack of food.

View attachment 192305

So.

The absurdity of the chicken little left in their doomsday predictions is hilarious. They’ve been making this prediction for decades only to find their population increasing.
View attachment 192307

I would think that the godless Left would be all exited about the prospect of polar bears learning to evolve into whales, proving their world view once and for all.

View attachment 192305

So.

The absurdity of the chicken little left in their doomsday predictions is hilarious. They’ve been making this prediction for decades only to find their population increasing.
View attachment 192307

I would think that the godless Left would be all exited about the prospect of polar bears learning to evolve into whales, proving their world view once and for all.
I believe the left love to stay in a constant state of confusion. they just enjoy confusing themselves.

View attachment 192305

So.

View attachment 192307

I believe the left love to stay in a constant state of confusion. they just enjoy confusing themselves.

Well over 98% of every species that has walked the Earth is gone. Humans had nothing to do with the vast majority of it.

Extinction is a natural process, something science denying Left wingers won't admit.

Forum List

Back