Oh My Ohio

Truthmatters

Diamond Member
May 10, 2007
Daily Kos: Ohio sets up one early-voting system for Republican counties, another for Democratic counties

Now, in heavily Democratic cities like Cleveland, Columbus, Akron and Toledo, early voting hours will be limited to 8 am until 5 pm on weekdays beginning on October 1, with no voting at night or during the weekend, when it’s most convenient for working people to vote. Republican election commissioners have blocked Democratic efforts to expand early voting hours in these counties, where the board of elections are split equally between Democratic and Republican members. Ohio Republican Secretary of State Jon Husted has broken the tie by intervening on behalf of his fellow Republicans.
‘I cannot create unequal access from one county board to another, and I must also keep in mind resources available to each county,” Husted said in explaining his decision to deny expanded early voting hours in heavily Democratic counties. Yet in solidly Republican counties like Warren and Butler, GOP election commissioners have approved expanded early voting hours on nights and weekends.

Last edited:
  • Banned
remember the long lines to vote in dem counties last time

• Banned
Democratic leaning counties have fewer hours and days to vote than republican ones.

its fact

Democratic leaning counties have fewer hours and days to vote than republican ones.

its fact

Republicans need to work around their job, children, heterosexual spouse, church and other "evil white people" stuff in order to get there. So, it's only fair. :)

Why is there early voting? Should be day of and absentee only. That shit is ridiculous.

the argument i have heard i am not saying its right or wrong, but mainly dems want early voting so once the people realize what type of politician they voted for, they cant go back and change it.

So its fair that republican voters get more days and hours to vote than dems?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GBAsFwPglw]Paul Weyrich - "I don't want everybody to vote" (Goo Goo) - YouTube[/ame]

goo goo

laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif

So its fair that republican voters get more days and hours to vote than dems?

Yea. Hating black people, gay people, going to church, practicing scare tactics and rigging elections takes up a lot of time.

What else did miss? Oh yea, raping mother earth, polluting everything there is to be polluted. Yea, that takes up some considerable time too.

Daily Kos: Ohio sets up one early-voting system for Republican counties, another for Democratic counties

Now, in heavily Democratic cities like Cleveland, Columbus, Akron and Toledo, early voting hours will be limited to 8 am until 5 pm on weekdays beginning on October 1, with no voting at night or during the weekend, when it’s most convenient for working people to vote. Republican election commissioners have blocked Democratic efforts to expand early voting hours in these counties, where the board of elections are split equally between Democratic and Republican members. Ohio Republican Secretary of State Jon Husted has broken the tie by intervening on behalf of his fellow Republicans.
‘I cannot create unequal access from one county board to another, and I must also keep in mind resources available to each county,” Husted said in explaining his decision to deny expanded early voting hours in heavily Democratic counties. Yet in solidly Republican counties like Warren and Butler, GOP election commissioners have approved expanded early voting hours on nights and weekends.

Seems to me that evening hours in more conservative counties is fair seeing Conservatives are more likely to be at work during normal business hours.
I'm sure the Dems in the poorer counties can stop by to vote during the day when they stop by to pick up their welfare checks.

Forum List

Back