Oh look, more Global Warming heading across the United States. Sure am glad i live in Floor E. Da.

P.S. nuclear power plants release no CO2.

That's only true about the electrical production ... building the plant is exceptionally carbon-intensive ... we can amortize this output over the life of the plant, so we need to build these things to last ... hydro has the same problem but last far far longer than the typical nuclear plant ...

Limestone has to be cooked at 1,800ºC for several hours to make cement ... and then the cement itself releases carbon dioxide as it cures ... meh ... still a small price to pay ... if we want a secure energy future, we need to get busy pouring concrete ...

The 21% along with write-offs is what I am arguing.

Write-offs reduce profit, 21% is charged on what's left.

You really have no clue about taxes, do you?
30 years in business--know a little about profit, loss, write-offs, and taxes, yes? There will be little or nothing left. Get it?

Then why are your posts here so ignorant of the facts?
My post is right on, hotshot. What business did you own and have you ever had to meet a payroll?

My post is right on,

They don't pay anywhere near 21%.

Liar.

My post is right on, hotshot. What business did you own and have you ever had to meet a payroll?

Payroll is an expense ... it's deducted before profits are established ... you're doing your taxes wrong if all your profit is gone after you pay ...
There is much more than payroll. I asked the question to expose someone who has never had to be
personally and financially responsible for business overhead. He thinks that 21% means that taxes are paid before write-offs. 21% 0f nothing = nothing.

He thinks that 21% means that taxes are paid before write-offs.

Liar.

I think taxes are paid on profits.
If there are little or no profits (write-offs reduce paper profits), then there are little or no taxes. This is exactly what trump is arguing about his non-payment of taxes in that he is depreciating his assets
every year as allowed. The problem is that he may be over-doing it--larger $ depreciation
than is allowed plus other stuff.

If there are little or no profits (write-offs reduce paper profits), then there are little or no taxes. This is exactly what trump is arguing about his non-payment of taxes in that he is depreciating his assets
every year as allowed. The problem is that he may be over-doing it--larger $ depreciation

I thought he was carrying forward earlier losses ... he should only be able to depreciate his business real estate 3% per year ... the main problem with The Donald's taxes is he's using personal property as a business deduction ... something I would never do, God forbid, but ask again after the statute of limitations expires ... [wink wink nudge nudge] ...

Curious ... did the notion of "pass through" taxes get changed in 2017? ... all my businesses were proprietorships and partnerships ... I've only paid individual taxes on the 1040 ... so don't be afraid to dumb it down a bit on how corporations pay taxes ...

No one denies that the temperature of the earth could be rising

it was risen and fallen naturally since Creation

what is in dispute is the liberal man-made-global-warming-doomsday hoax
Why does it matter if global warming is man-made or not, won't the effects be exactly the same?

How many windmills do we need to stop natural global warming?
Exactly the same number we need to stop man-made global warming.

Exactly the same number we need to stop man-made global warming.

So what's the split between man-made and natural warm
Beats me, do you know? Again, why does it matter?

Again, why does it matter?

If the Earth is in a natural warming trend, it would be AOC level moronic to
waste trillions to try to stop something we have no control over.
We have building codes that increase the price of homes in areas of earthquakes or floods. We have no control over either yet we think it prudent to invest in ensuing our survival. How is this different?

What's the building code for global warming?
Knowing the imminent rapid rise of the oceans,
why did the Obamas buy a home on the ocean at Martha's Vineyard?

View attachment 432823

Inside The Obama's Beautiful Martha's Vineyard Estate (thelist.com)

Maybe you should warn them?
They're smart people, I'm sure they know how to balance their risks and rewards. If I was an insurance company I'd be cautious though.

They're smart people, I'm sure they know how to balance their risks and rewards. If I was an insurance company I'd be cautious though.
Of course, as in the risk of rising ocean levels due to global warming flooding his property - about zero

Storm hitting Midwest and South before heading to East Coast for Christmas (msn.com)
On Tuesday afternoon and evening, damaging winds up to 95 mph with blowing snow shut down I-70 just west of Denver.
In Utah, strong winds and blowing snow caused near whiteout conditions at times, as well as delays on roads.

Just imagine if We the People, of the US, didnt have fossil fuels to not only travel , but have machines that clean the roads, or CH4 that heats our house and cooks our food. So here you are, with your solar power, completely void, because in "winter" you have the shortest days of light, but the wind factor, yeah it is blowing but if you get iced up, then the fans just sit there. So go ahead, prog slaves, save the planet by giving up your CO2 and freeze to death, the rest of US will just have more......

When you have "whiteout conditions" you will end up with "blackouts".

This has been a nonpaid advertisement for the Clean New Deal.
save-the-planet-kill-yourself-hoodies-men-s-hoodie.jpg
How much above sea level do you live there in Florida?
It might not be enough.
The US and Florida have the resources to deal with the issue. Bangladesh, not so much.

I thought he was carrying forward earlier losses ... he should only be able to depreciate his business real estate 3% per year ... the main problem with The Donald's taxes is he's using personal property as a business deduction ... something I would never do, God forbid, but ask again after the statute of limitations expires ... [wink wink nudge nudge] ...

Curious ... did the notion of "pass through" taxes get changed in 2017? ... all my businesses were proprietorships and partnerships ... I've only paid individual taxes on the 1040 ... so don't be afraid to dumb it down a bit on how corporations pay taxes ...
My understanding is that he may have inflated the values of his properties so that the depreciation dollars are high. There may other write-downs that do not fall under the 3% category. My businesses were all corporations.

My understanding is that he may have inflated the values of his properties so that the depreciation dollars are high. There may other write-downs that do not fall under the 3% category. My businesses were all corporations.

≈ 3% is for 27.5 year property, like residential rental real estate ... I think 40 years for commercial real estate ... and that's just the buildings, land is never depreciated ...

Whatever was done on The Donald's tax returns, he had a small army of CPA's doing it ... he's not legally required to pay taxes is all ... most rich people aren't ... the Middle Class are glad to pay half their income in taxes ... they keep electing rich people who zero out taxes on the rich ... watch, the first bill Quid Pro Joe signs is massive tax breaks for campaign contributors ...

≈ 3% is for 27.5 year property, like residential rental real estate ... I think 40 years for commercial real estate ... and that's just the buildings, land is never depreciated ...

Whatever was done on The Donald's tax returns, he had a small army of CPA's doing it ... he's not legally required to pay taxes is all ... most rich people aren't ... the Middle Class are glad to pay half their income in taxes ... they keep electing rich people who zero out taxes on the rich ... watch, the first bill Quid Pro Joe signs is massive tax breaks for campaign contributors ...
Nah. And the quid quo pro guy is trump.

P.S. nuclear power plants release no CO2.

That's only true about the electrical production ... building the plant is exceptionally carbon-intensive ... we can amortize this output over the life of the plant, so we need to build these things to last ... hydro has the same problem but last far far longer than the typical nuclear plant ...

Limestone has to be cooked at 1,800ºC for several hours to make cement ... and then the cement itself releases carbon dioxide as it cures ... meh ... still a small price to pay ... if we want a secure energy future, we need to get busy pouring concrete ...
The greenies are against all forms of carbon emissions

nothing meets their purity test except sunshine

Forum List

Back