Official Usmb Mafia Game #5: A Game Of Fire And Ice (day 6)

I hated that you all had Central, North and East and were carrying conversations away from where we could see what was actually being said....House could have lied and there was nobody left to claim that he was lying and you could have been blamed, Wolf. I didn't like neighborhoods this go-round because right from the start, I was accused of being scum just because I mentioned in the other Mafia thread that I couldn't find my PM's (new software had just been introduced) and couldn't go to my neighborhood without the address, and that was the reason why I didn't come into the neighborhood right away....but that seemed scummy to some, too. In the previous game, everyone started mentioning neighborhoods and nobody accused anyone of being Scummy because of it. I think I was a target for someone from the very start but fortunately it didn't pan out.

It made no sense to strip SR and give another PR.

Considering SR's PR was brokenly awesome with fire eliminated, sure it did.

No, it did not. When SR announced her ability was taken it made sense Wake saw a flaw in his setup. Ice would basically be screwed with both shields left. To hand out a death sentence (removing SRs ability) while assuring a second death sentence ( giving you a PR to VIG someone) did not make any sense to me.

I hated that you all had Central, North and East and were carrying conversations away from where we could see what was actually being said....House could have lied and there was nobody left to claim that he was lying and you could have been blamed, Wolf. I didn't like neighborhoods this go-round because right from the start, I was accused of being scum just because I mentioned in the other Mafia thread that I couldn't find my PM's (new software had just been introduced) and couldn't go to my neighborhood without the address, and that was the reason why I didn't come into the neighborhood right away....but that seemed scummy to some, too. In the previous game, everyone started mentioning neighborhoods and nobody accused anyone of being Scummy because of it. I think I was a target for someone from the very start but fortunately it didn't pan out.

All neighborhood are like that though, yes? Central really made no difference. It did give Aye and myself a Voice since both of our hoods were wiped out by then,

There was a discussion in the scum QT about making up quotes from Wolf but I wouldn't play along with that. Thought it would be a bad thing to start doing to the overall dynamics. I HATED being in 4 threads, and by hated, I mean HATED since I didn't even want to play in this game to begin with. I don't like QT's. I think they disrupt the natural flow of games. I also don't like scum having daytalk.

Or he'll get ruler and I'll have to be a guard and try to save his ass. Grrrrrr...................:p

I'll be watching you very carefully.............and him, too....no more surprise gifts at the end of the game....hahahaha......special Vig crap....

The sneak never told me it was a surprise gift. I thought he had it from the beginning. That kind of trick will never work on me again with both Sameech and House using it.

I was PMing Wake about that last day as he was the only one I could discuss it with. I really thought he had lost you much much earlier in the day when you posted OK to him in the GT and the QT. You did well with the staredown wiuth town though. I was surprised you didn't flinch.

That is the kind of thing that makes the game fun. That stare down.

That OK was not a good sign from me BTW. I wanted to see what he would do.

No, it did not. When SR announced her ability was taken it made sense Wake saw a flaw in his setup. Ice would basically be screwed with both shields left. To hand out a death sentence (removing SRs ability) while assuring a second death sentence ( giving you a PR to VIG someone) did not make any sense to me.

I didn't say vig made sense, I said a replacement pr did.

There was a discussion in the scum QT about making up quotes from Wolf but I wouldn't play along with that. Thought it would be a bad thing to start doing to the overall dynamics. I HATED being in 4 threads, and by hated, I mean HATED since I didn't even want to play in this game to begin with. I don't like QT's. I think they disrupt the natural flow of games. I also don't like scum having daytalk.

Sam

What was this idea I saw about closing neighborhoods once people are dead? Did I misunderstand you? It seemed you were saying Wake should lock them so people cant see them anymore.

You would of been better off saying you were a dayvig from the beginning because that's what I thought from the QT so it surprised me when you told town it fell in your lap. If you would of told me that, I would of doubted you much earlier.

I didn't say vig made sense, I said a replacement pr did.

OK, well I did not understand that, and no a replacement PR makes no sense either IMO. If you had been town it would not have been fair to scum given the removal of SR's PR made the game balanced again.

I loved the neighborhood dynamic. I thought it was fun. But yes, House could of told everyone I was lying about the dayvig thing and that would of been an interesting twist. I'm not sure it would of worked but would of been interesting.

Oh, and note to Wake, never put Cafe and I in a neighborhood or other QT together because we like to talk and we'll break one of those things. North was over 860 posts and for awhile there was only 2 of us and Central was over 1,000. And Cafe and I were the ones doing the most talking by far in each although others talked plenty too. But how long would one be if we were together and how long would the game be if all that was in the GT which was long enough already? I still haven't been able to read everything in the QT's. It's like several games in one, LOL.

Sam

What was this idea I saw about closing neighborhoods once people are dead? Did I misunderstand you? It seemed you were saying Wake should lock them so people cant see them anymore.

I thought they should be closed so the surviving member couldn't reference them with nobody there to verify what they were saying or the interpretation thereof since we cannot direct quote. I lot of the quotes you and Ayes were digging up from me in Central were being so taken out of context that, even though they were part of my game, they bordered on dishonesty the way they were being parsed and construed. It is a bad habit. People need to make their own arguments in their own words instead of misconstruing posts IMO.

Sam

I thought they should be closed so the surviving member couldn't reference them with nobody there to verify what they were saying or the interpretation thereof since we cannot direct quote. I lot of the quotes you and Ayes were digging up from me in Central were being so taken out of context that, even though they were part of my game, they bordered on dishonesty the way they were being parsed and construed. It is a bad habit. People need to make their own arguments in their own words instead of misconstruing posts IMO.

Not sure where you saw dishonesty there Sam, if you think it came off as dishonest it was not my intent and I am quite sure it was not Aye's intent either.. To close a QT would be paramount to closing the rest of the game thread IMO. The QT's were a part of your game and others where you were outright dishonest as scum. To not be able to reference dishonest statements made by scum in QT's seems pretty ridiculous if you ask me.

@Wake,

Are you going to close the QTs so they are not assessable after everyone dies or just one person left? Seems unfair given scum lie in them and those QTs are a large part of the game. Look at what was happening between House and Wolf, for her not to have access to that if needed for later would be highly unfair to town IMO.

Last edited:
Or he'll get ruler and I'll have to be a guard and try to save his ass. Grrrrrr...................:p

I'll be watching you very carefully.............and him, too....no more surprise gifts at the end of the game....hahahaha......special Vig crap....

The sneak never told me it was a surprise gift. I thought he had it from the beginning. That kind of trick will never work on me again with both Sameech and House using it.

I was PMing Wake about that last day as he was the only one I could discuss it with. I really thought he had lost you much much earlier in the day when you posted OK to him in the GT and the QT. You did well with the staredown wiuth town though. I was surprised you didn't flinch.

My message to Wake was along the lines of "Get the death/win scene ready. House just lost Wolf. She doesn't do one word posts" ;)

My message to Wake was along the lines of "Get the death/win scene ready. House just lost Wolf. She doesn't do one word posts" ;)

LOL-Very true. If I get to that point, you better watch out. Also, that line about people turning against each other at the drop of a hat all the time in mafia or maybe all the times I said you better not be lying or asking him straight out if he was a dayvig again should of been a sign. And what you said in the dz is true. If I tell you in that situation you can trust me and I won't tell anyone, does not mean that you can trust me or I won't tell. ;)

All Neighborhoods become public after game resolution.

If game #5 were to go on steroids, there'd be mini-hoods and then one larger one comprised of one player from each hood, I want to better study the human dynamics involved. Trust, 'Us vs Them' mentality, and abounding curiosity amongst the hoods are some highlights. :D

A Neighborhood which grants a specific PR/ability through consensus of the Neighbors would be interesting.

All Neighborhoods become public after game resolution.

If game #5 were to go on steroids, there'd be mini-hoods and then one larger one comprised of one player from each hood, I want to better study the human dynamics involved. Trust, 'Us vs Them' mentality, and abounding curiosity amongst the hoods are some highlights. :D

A Neighborhood which grants a specific PR/ability through consensus of the Neighbors would be interesting.

When I am town, there isn't much I wouldn't say/do in a neighborhood that I would not do in the GT if the hoods did not exist. The only good thing I see about them as far as town is that you can have a smaller captive audience to be able to size up that group without random interference from the players at large early on--putting pressure on people to reply more readily than they might in the GT.

Forum List

Back