Official USMB Mafia Game #2: Enter the Godfather

So did the no-kill on the first night sew any confusion, i.e. give us any strategic edge? Or what it so much wasted novelty?

I never would of gone along with that. :D

I think it kind of bolstered town a little bit IMO.

I think so too, looking back. I do think the bussing was the right move, under the circumstances. (sorry Rosie) It definitely gave us cover late in the game.

One mistake made was, when giving every player a flavored role, I forgot to give each Town PR a different flavor.

Ok, We commented on that in the game when RD acted like she didn't get one and we asked about that. I though she might of been a PR then but didn't want to say out loud.

I guess you guys should have spent more time finding out who is scum. :D
Sorry, I had to. Lol
When does the next game start?

So did the no-kill on the first night sew any confusion, i.e. give us any strategic edge? Or what it so much wasted novelty?

I think so too, looking back. I do think the bussing was the right move, under the circumstances. (sorry Rosie) It definitely gave us cover late in the game.

Oh, that clearly helped you guys a lot and was a really smart move no doubt. It definitely fooled me.

One mistake made was, when giving every player a flavored role, I forgot to give each Town PR a different flavor.

What do you mean?

None of the PR got one. That was one aspect we failed at, no other PR picked up on that when I made a big deal about it on day one. I assumed they would. Town, as a whole, simply did not work together

I thought it was you and Luissa :lol:

I've been dead since day 1:p

Haha. I meant Aye

They played marvelously. Tossed Rosie, the tn practically bowed out and Mani let the infighting fester

They did play well.

We knew it was either Aye or Mani who were the Godfather because of your investigations. And while we were definitely focused on mani, it became very apparent the last round that aye was not the godfather. Aye had either targeted, or been targeted by everyone else this last round. There is no way the scum would have been divided on the last kill.

What do you mean?

Everyone but the Town PRs received a flavored role (in this case, a profession). Manifold, the Mafia Godfather, was given the job of Secretary. Ropey, Vanilla Townie, Was Town Farmer. Strollingbones, Town Bodyguard, was, ah, Town Bodyguard. She and the other Town PRs were supposed to be given flavored roles as well. It was corrected relatively quickly.

Yeah. Two men Greyhounding the sole woman when women outnumber men in the game.

Brilliant long term play.

Not.

Let's get 'em, gals!

Regards from Rosie

Not.

Let's get 'em, gals!

Regards from Rosie

Rabid hens, indeed!

I think the fact that scum won both games here means they are at an advantage until town becomes more experienced at the game.

I've looked at a couple games at the site and town can and does win. But they usually have 2 or 3 experienced players helping.

We'll get it sooner or later. Have faith fellow townies.

I suspect that being part of a winning town would be considerably more satisfying than a scum win.

The difference is like "Solving the Mystery" (town) and "Getting Rid of Everyone" (scum)

Not.

Let's get 'em, gals!

Regards from Rosie

Rabid hens, indeed!

See what I mean? This one NEEDS killing.

Regards from Rosie

Not to mention the fact that Rosie implicated you guys before she was killed certainly helped keep suspicion off you.

I have to say, Bones had the coolest death scene. If I'm ever murdered I want to go out like that!

Wake - can I have my pizza now?

From my experience at MS.net, the usual male-to-female ratio is 12:1. :D

[MENTION=48997]sameech[/MENTION] - you were on to me right out of the gate. What changed your mind?

Because you started asking about role claiming and the math and seemed satisfied that the math needed us to wait. You clearly were following the game and not very active posting, which made me think you were probably the cop. It just fit well with my pre-conceived notion of how cops tend to play. Protects usually are more out there because they have to decide who to protect and chatter is their only source of info, but cops tens to stay on the DL because they can investigate whomever they want.

I probably should stay with my first instincts though as a matter of policy as in about half the games I have played I have been all over scum out of the gate and then allowed myself to be lead off them. Had one game where my first suspect list on Day 1 had every damn mafia member on it and got turned around on most of them by Day 3.

It convinced me someone was cheating. The probability of town blocking scum two nights in a row early in a game with so many players seemed so completely improbable that I felt there was no way there couldn't be any off thread coordinating going on.

It convinced me someone was cheating. The probability of town blocking scum two nights in a row early in a game with so many players seemed so completely improbable that I felt there was no way there couldn't be any off thread coordinating going on.

Hmmm... so maybe it worked after all... ;)

Forum List

Back