Official USMB Debate 2020 -- "Round One" Thread..

Was the first presidential debate a "shit show"?

• Yes

Votes: 59 88.1%
  • No

Votes: 8 11.9%

• Total voters
Already reading that numerous democrats don't want Slow Joe to debate again. Wow! Even his own supporters are telling him to stop.

I told them Biden can't handle an opponent as strong as Trump. Hell Hillary barely stood her ground and she's about as nasty as the Dems have.
Phhhhhheewww....oh boy....

First off, hats off to Wallace. That could not have been an easy job. For those of you who say Wallace is a disgrace...you are entitled to your opinion...but I just dont see it.

I imagine wallace, after he leaves tonight is going to have himself a stiff drink.....or 18....

I did not see where wallace was favoring trump at all. He spent most of the debate trying to shut trump down. Again, that chair was a tough place to be tonight.

Say what you will, but biden did it. He held out for the entire debate and didn't cave. Sure, he had a few moments where he got a bit tongue tied, but at the end of it all, he didn't turn into the nonsensical babbling person people thought he would. For the most part, he stayed on point. Its because of this that I think trumps antics actually helped biden.

Biden, by withstanding trumps onslaught, showed people he has more resolve. I think this is going to play well for biden, not so much for trump.

Trump had a good opportunity here to prove all of his critics wrong. He should have stood up there, and respected biden. He should have respected Wallace, and the rules of the debate. They both should have spoken when it was their turn and respected the other person when it wasn't.

Trump had an opportunity to look presidential, but he didn't do it. He had to be the aggressor and the bully. He had to dominate and try to shut biden down. He could have been the bigger man, and people would have gained respect for him, because he would have shown the country that he could stand there and carry on a debate, calmly, and with reservation.

Again, I think this is not going to play well for trump. Let's hope someone talks to him and gives him some constructive criticism before their next debate.

I think most people have already made up their minds, so, in the long run, this will probably not really hurt trump.
200 million?
Huh?
You say the Slow Joe "did it"... But he claimed 200 million have died from Covid. That statement alone showed his 47 years of doing nothing has destructed his brain. The old man is shot. He had nothing but deflecting fake laughs. President Trump is living in his head now rent free. Let him keep fake laughing while people are dying.
Was biden gaffe free? No, but I think he did a lot better than most people were expecting.

People were claiming he needed breaks because he couldn't handle 90 minutes straight. People were saying he was going to fall apart.

Again, say what you will, he withstood better than most thought he would, and with trump interrupting and trying rattle him the whole time, I think it may have backfired on trump.
He still couldn't handle 90 minutes without diverting the subject or stumbling around. It's like the old man is shot like the puppet democrats wish for. They're already wanting him to back out of the second debate because Trump outpaced him like crazy. It's not interruption when little Wallace agreed that both have interrupted. Nobody gives a fuck about that besides Trump hater. Primarily because you know he ran laps around the Sleepy Joe.
Yes, wallace did agree that both sides interrupted. I'm not disagreeing with that. They both did plenty of interrupting. From what I saw, I agree with wallace though, trump was guilty of it more.

For the record, in not a trump hater. Sure, im not very fond of him, but im no lefty. I just dont go all in for conservatism without trying to be realistic about the issues. Im not perfect for sure. I would rather look at individual situations and be able to make up my mind about them rather than be pigeon holed into collective ideology, and run with the crowd.

Having said that, I just can't agree that trumo ran laps around him, not with the way he was going about it. I'm sure you disagree, but, his methodology was off putting. He should have been the better man, it would have come across much better.

Biden called Trump a liar to his face a bunch of times. Called him a clown also.

Already reading that numerous democrats don't want Slow Joe to debate again. Wow! Even his own supporters are telling him to stop.

I told them Biden can't handle an opponent as strong as Trump. Hell Hillary barely stood her ground and she's about as nasty as the Dems have.

First off, hats off to Wallace. That could not have been an easy job. For those of you who say Wallace is a disgrace...you are entitled to your opinion...but I just dont see it.

I imagine wallace, after he leaves tonight is going to have himself a stiff drink.....or 18....

I did not see where wallace was favoring trump at all. He spent most of the debate trying to shut trump down. Again, that chair was a tough place to be tonight.

Say what you will, but biden did it. He held out for the entire debate and didn't cave. Sure, he had a few moments where he got a bit tongue tied, but at the end of it all, he didn't turn into the nonsensical babbling person people thought he would. For the most part, he stayed on point. Its because of this that I think trumps antics actually helped biden.

Biden, by withstanding trumps onslaught, showed people he has more resolve. I think this is going to play well for biden, not so much for trump.

Trump had a good opportunity here to prove all of his critics wrong. He should have stood up there, and respected biden. He should have respected Wallace, and the rules of the debate. They both should have spoken when it was their turn and respected the other person when it wasn't.

Trump had an opportunity to look presidential, but he didn't do it. He had to be the aggressor and the bully. He had to dominate and try to shut biden down. He could have been the bigger man, and people would have gained respect for him, because he would have shown the country that he could stand there and carry on a debate, calmly, and with reservation.

Again, I think this is not going to play well for trump. Let's hope someone talks to him and gives him some constructive criticism before their next debate.

I think most people have already made up their minds, so, in the long run, this will probably not really hurt trump.
200 million?
Huh?
You say the Slow Joe "did it"... But he claimed 200 million have died from Covid. That statement alone showed his 47 years of doing nothing has destructed his brain. The old man is shot. He had nothing but deflecting fake laughs. President Trump is living in his head now rent free. Let him keep fake laughing while people are dying.
Was biden gaffe free? No, but I think he did a lot better than most people were expecting.

People were claiming he needed breaks because he couldn't handle 90 minutes straight. People were saying he was going to fall apart.

Again, say what you will, he withstood better than most thought he would, and with trump interrupting and trying rattle him the whole time, I think it may have backfired on trump.
He was lucid, manipulative, and just kept telling one huge lie after another.

there was only one commander in chief on that stage tonight and it was Joe Biden

he was crisp, he was sharp, quick on his feet as always, of course he got frustrated by Trump...who wouldn't?

i'm 50 percent sad for Trump's performance and 50 percent mad as hell. he is so rude

Clearly the American people lost. If you can’t see that you’re blind as well as stupid.

Actually, Biden won because he achieved his objective.

Trump's objective was to make Biden look senile or out of touch. He didn't accomplish that. Biden gave as good as he got.

Biden's objective was to merely present himself as a plausible alternative. He did just fine there.

Remember, you were the one who said that the debates were going to be the make or break issue. (RIght after selection of a running mate, which also turned into a net positive for Biden)

I'M ONLY GOING TO POST THIS ONCE and I'm going to post it here because this is supposed to be the "official" thread:

DEBATE 1:

1). Chris Wallace SUCKS EGGS as a moderator.

2). Chris Wallace is an idiot. Biden repeatedly said things that Wallace HAD to know was not true yet never called Biden out on any of it.

3). THIS WHOLE DEBATE WAS A SET-UP AGAINST TRUMP. Here's why:
  1. Wallace would ask Trump to explain/defend some policy-category of his.
  2. After Trump was done explaining and defending his policy/positions (already putting Trump on the defensive), then he would go to Biden and essentially ask Biden to critique Trump's statements! And of course Joe would LIE THROUGH HIS TEETH, MAKE IT PERSONAL (about Trump HIMSELF rather than his policies) then he would LOOK THE CAMERA RIGHT IN THE EYE as if talking to the viewer at home speaking to them as if they and him were on ONE SIDE as a team against Trump, making Trump the enemy to be vanquished, all you have to do is get on JOE'S TEAM and you'll get it done TOGETHER.
  3. Then when naturally Trump would try to rebuff Biden's lies, Wallace repeatedly argued with the president, attacked and criticized him and interrupted him, something they never would have done with Obama, yet Wallace let Biden repeatedly cut off Trump, say things out of turn and rant on and never cut him off. At one point it almost appeared as it Wallace and Joe were one side and Trump the other, in fact, Trump even asked Chris at one point, "Am I debating you now?"
The fix was in and Wallace not only favored Biden, it was 60/40 Biden. Trump had to constantly fight against Wallace to get things out or to counter some of the lies that Biden said. In many cases, Biden got to say many things which Trump should have address but never got the chance to get back to.

-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

• What you saw with Trump was all Trump. He walked out there and took it face on.

• What you saw with Biden was Joe & a whole team of psych-ops professionals behind him levying a careful strategy to discredit Trump, vilify him personally & pit the home viewer against Trump.

-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

So, what is the good news?
  1. The more it turned into a brawl, the stronger and better Trump got and the more shaken Biden got. Joe was red faced a few times and was fighting hard to not get shaken, lose his focus and snap as he has done publicly many times. Joe is only going to weaken further with each debate as Trump learns from and refocuses his attack.
  2. This debate was unique in that it allowed little time for free back and forth rebuttal for addressing points and clarification, and Joe always seemed to get the last word.
  3. Wallace tried to make it appear that Trump was the rogue here, but there is real animosity between Trump and Biden and Biden was much more personally vitriolic than Trump.
  4. Joe looked really bad calling Trump a racist, refusing to answer a few questions, and the highlight was when Trump gave him the zinger about the fact that Joe had been in office 47 years and had never addressed or done anything about many of the things he brought up against Trump. That and Hunter/Ukraine was Joe's weakness.
  5. Joe also couldn't look Trump in the eye when Donald brought up and pointed out the bit about the lack of peaceful transition referring to how Biden/Obama/Hillary worked-conspired to attack and interfere with the Trump Administration and campaign and the impeachment.
Really, the highlights and best topics and discussions tonight were ones that Trump brought to the fore against the wishes of Wallace.

Who was the winner here? I guess it depends on who you ask. Biden showed his cards tonight, Trump saw and found his weaknesses and will only get stronger with each debate. Biden threw endless accusations at Trump but they were only words. It was clear when Trump hit home with Biden because Biden had no answer for them.

The debate would be much better had instead of 6 categories, they only covered 4 and gave the two more time to really spar it out. What is the point of a debate if you are going to try to cover 111 different topics and give people only time each for a sound bite with no chance to really peel open and expose the truth-- -- too often, Trump and Biden were each saying OPPOSITE THINGS each claiming the other wrong and Wallace sitting there fingering his butthole.

What are they going to cover the OTHER two debates? I can't say that Wallace had ONE good question tonight. Being the TDS-ahole he is, Wallace gave Biden LOADS of opportunity to go after Trump but it seemed everytime Trump tried to attack Biden, Wallace was protecting him.

What does Trump need to do to get ONE TRUE conservative moderator? If I were Donald, I'd have a real issue with tonight's debate-- -- it was set up as a brawlfest against the president, Trump was defending himself all night long. You can bet Donald is loaded for bear now and next time the two meet, now that Trump has seen the angle Joe is playing, he will come wearing a set of brass knuckles.

Last edited:
No, we give them guns in case they need to defend themselves... the problem is they use them in cases where they aren't in any real danger.
If they go in a bad neighborhood they are in danger and have every right to fire their guns.

Clearly the American people lost. If you can’t see that you’re blind as well as stupid.

Actually, Biden won because he achieved his objective.

Trump's objective was to make Biden look senile or out of touch. He didn't accomplish that. Biden gave as good as he got.

Biden's objective was to merely present himself as a plausible alternative. He did just fine there.

Remember, you were the one who said that the debates were going to be the make or break issue. (RIght after selection of a running mate, which also turned into a net positive for Biden)
Biden:

Antifa is an idea

Would not answer if he would pack the court
Flip flopped on his green new deal

Would not answer why Hunter got all that
questionable cash and brought his dead son into the conversation

Cowered when Wallace asked him about riots and Portland

Said shrinks should accompany police officers on calls.

Trump is right. He did more in 47 mos than Biden
did in 47 yrs.

But few will remember this because it was a dog fight.

Another question:
Does Biden support ending the filibuster and expanding the SCOTUS or is he against those things?
He dodged that VERY specific question from Wallace and Wallace let him get away with it.
Wallace IS BIASED against Trump. I mean Biden interrupted when Trump was talking and I admit not as often or forceful as Trump but
for Wallace to to umbrage with Trump... biased!
Yea, what happened to Chris Wallace being “invisible” like he promised? He didn’t let them duke it out, he kept trying to interrupt and correct President Trump.

~~~~~~
It looked like a MMA match where the referee Chris Wallace) was watching and never saw the rabbit punches.
I expected knife fight and Trump was too nice of a guy....
China Joe lost when he refused Wallace's question as to why if he's the Democratic Party he did speak directly to to the Democrat Mayors of the cities in rioting to stop the riots....
Meanwhile Trump forced Joey Xi to alienate the Sanaders/AOC followers by forcing him to deny the "Green Deal".

Biden quote of the night that damaged his campaign...(I AM THE DEMOCRAT PARTY) wow, just wow.

This is from Joe Biden’s website
A80A26DD-E4E0-4ADD-A9BE-4BABEF477424.jpeg

47 Years Biden has been a politician, let's see some fair comparisons of record. Wallace will forever be viewed as a Benedict Arnold.
One of the better lines of the night: "I've accomplished more in 47 months than you've accomplished in 47 years."
Damn, that had to leave a mark.

200 million?
Huh?

He was lucid, manipulative, and just kept telling one huge lie after another.

Wallace allowed Biden to lie with impunity, Trump had to jump in and do the moderating.

Forum List

Back