Official Coronavirus Thread - Up to the minute Coronavirus map and count.

I never listened to anything he said.
Bullshit. Nobody believes you. If Trump had come out on day one and warned everyone how serious this is, you would be parroting that. Same for the other downplaying fools, who are, to a man, also in the Trump cult.

New York and New Jersey are at 10,500 new cases combined.

They are 60% of deaths.

They are just getting creamed.

The thinking is the East coast wasn't as careful due to their governors, but it's going to hit the other states, eventually. Trump is like a thermometer as he's backing off on what he said now. The shutdown was about shelter in place or lockdown, i.e. quarantine and sanitation or try to save the economy. Some people here still believe it's not as serious. There's still that debate, but the confirmed cases point to a different direction -- more deaths.
you don't know that at all. irresponsible dude.

Yes, I do. It's based on what has happened in Italy, Spain, China, and more; it's based on knowing how COVID-19 works and how it has stressed our medical system. We are behind flattening the curve. I posted a video on it from the doctors since your type won't believe other Pubs like me and how the virus does not know about our borders. I suppose you know how COVID-19 kills us now. A couple of days ago, this surgeon released another vid on why the numbers will go up. Watch it instead of getting your news in sound bites.

You know how it works? You know more than the experts

I know how the statistics work and learned how COVID-19 kills people as I said two days ago. What is happening in some places are that the deaths are overwhelming the medical staff. That means people with serious conditions get sent home with an oxygen tank. Also, more people die.

California should follow the East coast cities, but maybe we got shelter in place earlier and people, for the most part, stayed in. I dunno. The media hyped up the people who went to the parks and beaches over last weekend and to the rural areas to visit or stay in their vacation places. What does it mean? It means more people catch it and more people die.

I don't think just because you're young that you won't die. You stand a better chance of living, but you could also catch it again and then you'll have an underlying condition. We've seen people who had only a mild case, but there were those who had more severe cases, too. The numbers should all eventually fit into a bell curve. What we want to do is flatten the rate of people getting it or else the medical people in place get overwhelmed. Then, it's a disaster. We already had one with the testing, and even that's still not in place in California. Thus, people have it and are spreading it without knowing it.

The best thing to do is quarantine and sanitation, but even then COVID-19 cases will spread. The whole of US is trending up. It will take some time for quarantine to work and then we'll see the numbers go down. However, right now both confirmed cases and deaths will go up. It's just a matter of time so quarantine and sanitation will eventually take effect and the numbers start to trend down. It seems like you think that this isn't the case and for some reason it will be okay where you are. It may be, but that's not likely. We should all fit the bell curve eventually. Maybe your area will be lucky and not overwhelm the medical staff. However, no one knows that.

The news that there are a lot of people, possible 25% that have been infected and show no symptoms is both good and bad. It's unnerving to think that your neighbor or a family member may have the virus with no symptoms but it is also encouraging that a large and increasing number of people are becoming immune to the virus. This means they could go back to work or school without spreading the virus. The higher the immunity the less transmission of the virus.

funny, we all are living with our families, and if anyone actually had the infection and not showing symptoms, would eventually give it to other members of the family they are living with. That isn't happening. so, I don't buy the I have it but have no symptom cop out. Anything to scare the populous into longer rights violations. THAT IS THE LEFTIST TACTIC.

Coronavirus, 21,000 deaths.

Seasonal flu, 113,000.
Malaria, 228,000.
Suicide, 249,000.
Traffic fatalities, 313, almost 314,000 deaths.
HIV/AIDS, 391,000 deaths.
Alcohol related deaths, 581,000.
Smoking-related deaths, 1,162,000.
Cancer deaths, 1,909,000 deaths.
Deaths attributed to starvation, 2,382,000 deaths.
And death by abortion, 9,900,000.

Comparing Covid-19 to flu numbers and other forms of death is a classic case of an apples to oranges comparison and serves only one purpose, to convince people to ignore the orders and pleas of scientists, governors, and national leaders.

Bullshit. Nobody believes you. If Trump had come out on day one and warned everyone how serious this is, you would be parroting that. Same for the other downplaying fools, who are, to a man, also in the Trump cult.
I guess I'm just a human that questions anything that isn't logical. so I would not have been parroting anything, because it isn't what I do. I use common sense and look into data to see the viability of the information I get. you just submit and accept it. you are a good little sheep.

Seasonal flu, 113,000.
Malaria, 228,000.
Suicide, 249,000.

Comparing Covid-19 to flu numbers and other forms of death is a classic case of an apples to oranges comparison and serves only one purpose, to convince people to ignore the orders and pleas of scientists, governors, and national leaders.
so the deaths are different how? I thought dead was dead, apparently it isn't. Inspire me. Is it because trump isn't involved? ahhhhhhhhh there it is.

Has somebody claimed the virus is a hoax? I'd love to see where somebody has said this, with quote marks around the exact wording.

I said it was a hoax.

Is it still a hoax?
These is no quote where Trump clearly says the virus is a hoax. However, if you put what he says in context of his later remarks, downplaying the seriousness of the virus and comparing it to just the flu, and coupled with his lack of action in the early stages, there is no doubt that he did not consider the virus a serious threat, which has turned out to be serious mistake.

During a Feb. 28, 2020, campaign rally in South Carolina, President Donald Trump likened the Democrats' criticism of his administration's response to the new coronavirus outbreak to their efforts to impeach him, saying "this is their new hoax." During the speech he also seemed to downplay the severity of the outbreak, comparing it to the common flu.
there you go, orangemanbad

They are 60% of deaths.

The thinking is the East coast wasn't as careful due to their governors, but it's going to hit the other states, eventually. Trump is like a thermometer as he's backing off on what he said now. The shutdown was about shelter in place or lockdown, i.e. quarantine and sanitation or try to save the economy. Some people here still believe it's not as serious. There's still that debate, but the confirmed cases point to a different direction -- more deaths.

Yes, I do. It's based on what has happened in Italy, Spain, China, and more; it's based on knowing how COVID-19 works and how it has stressed our medical system. We are behind flattening the curve. I posted a video on it from the doctors since your type won't believe other Pubs like me and how the virus does not know about our borders. I suppose you know how COVID-19 kills us now. A couple of days ago, this surgeon released another vid on why the numbers will go up. Watch it instead of getting your news in sound bites.

I know how the statistics work and learned how COVID-19 kills people as I said two days ago. What is happening in some places are that the deaths are overwhelming the medical staff. That means people with serious conditions get sent home with an oxygen tank. Also, more people die.

California should follow the East coast cities, but maybe we got shelter in place earlier and people, for the most part, stayed in. I dunno. The media hyped up the people who went to the parks and beaches over last weekend and to the rural areas to visit or stay in their vacation places. What does it mean? It means more people catch it and more people die.

I don't think just because you're young that you won't die. You stand a better chance of living, but you could also catch it again and then you'll have an underlying condition. We've seen people who had only a mild case, but there were those who had more severe cases, too. The numbers should all eventually fit into a bell curve. What we want to do is flatten the rate of people getting it or else the medical people in place get overwhelmed. Then, it's a disaster. We already had one with the testing, and even that's still not in place in California. Thus, people have it and are spreading it without knowing it.

The best thing to do is quarantine and sanitation, but even then COVID-19 cases will spread. The whole of US is trending up. It will take some time for quarantine to work and then we'll see the numbers go down. However, right now both confirmed cases and deaths will go up. It's just a matter of time so quarantine and sanitation will eventually take effect and the numbers start to trend down. It seems like you think that this isn't the case and for some reason it will be okay where you are. It may be, but that's not likely. We should all fit the bell curve eventually. Maybe your area will be lucky and not overwhelm the medical staff. However, no one knows that.

The news that there are a lot of people, possible 25% that have been infected and show no symptoms is both good and bad. It's unnerving to think that your neighbor or a family member may have the virus with no symptoms but it is also encouraging that a large and increasing number of people are becoming immune to the virus. This means they could go back to work or school without spreading the virus. The higher the immunity the less transmission of the virus.

funny, we all are living with our families, and if anyone actually had the infection and not showing symptoms, would eventually give it to other members of the family they are living with. That isn't happening. so, I don't buy the I have it but have no symptom cop out. Anything to scare the populous into longer rights violations. THAT IS THE LEFTIST TACTIC.

No so. There are plenty of cases of family members infecting other members of the family. The claim that 25% of the cases have no symptoms comes actually testing date; that is 25% of those that test positive do not show any symptoms. Couple that with the fact that we have an abnormal number of investigated cases that with no known contact showing symptoms. There is certainly good evidence that a large percent of population contracts the virus without showing symptoms. Whether that evidence holds won't be know for years.

Seasonal flu, 113,000.
Malaria, 228,000.
Suicide, 249,000.

so the deaths are different how? I thought dead was dead, apparently it isn't. Inspire me. Is it because trump isn't involved? ahhhhhhhhh there it is.
The comparison is not valid unless you only looking at numbers of deaths and are ignoring the causes of death.

Seasonal flu, 113,000.
Malaria, 228,000.
Suicide, 249,000.

Those are the numbers since January 20th huh? Yet another dishonest number salad.

Better steer clear of numbers. Numbers and letters are obviously not your forte. Why don't you just post "special characters".

Last edited:
Thank you President Trump for your effrective leadership as shown by the data

View attachment 318179

Thank you for a falsified chart. Or as it's called lately, a hoax. And btw here's your "leadership".

This is not a thread for falsified fake info. Let's see the real one.

Country,
Other
Total
Cases
New
Cases
Total
Deaths
New
Deaths
Total
Recovered
Active
Cases
Serious,
Critical
Tot Cases/
1M pop
Deaths/
1M pop
World961,692+26,49549,165+1,973203,176709,35136,224123.46.3
USA215,362+3595,113+118,878201,3715,00565115
Italy110,57413,15516,84780,5724,0351,829218
Spain110,238+6,12010,003+61626,74373,4926,0922,358214
China81,589+353,318+676,4081,863429572
Germany80,641+2,660962+3119,17560,5043,40896211
France56,9894,03210,93542,0226,01787362
Iran50,468+2,8753,160+12416,71130,5973,95660138
UK33,718+4,2442,921+56913530,66216349743
Switzerland18,267+499505+174,01313,7493482,11158
Turkey15,67927733315,0699791863
Belgium15,348+1,3841,011+1832,49511,8421,1441,32487
Netherlands14,697+1,0831,339+16625013,1081,05385878
Austria10,927+216158+121,7499,0202271,21318
S. Korea9,976+89169+45,8283,979551953
Canada9,731129+151,7367,8661202583

It's not false. He just chose to order it by the last column.

And that's dishonest, and he knows it.

They are 60% of deaths.

No so. There are plenty of cases of family members infecting other members of the family. The claim that 25% of the cases have no symptoms comes actually testing date; that is 25% of those that test positive do not show any symptoms. Couple that with the fact that we have an abnormal number of investigated cases that with no known contact showing symptoms. There is certainly good evidence that a large percent of population contracts the virus without showing symptoms. Whether that evidence holds won't be know for years.

Actually where comprehensive testing has been done, irrespective of whether testees were showing symptoms or not, it's been found that up to half (50%) of those infected, i.e. having the virus inhabit them, showed no symptoms. So as long as testing in a given area is limited to only those with symptoms, it's going to miss up to half the silent carriers, who are then free to roam about spreading the virus to others. Iceland's testing found this to be the case, and in fact this town in Italy wiped it out by doing just that -- testing everybody and then isolating the silent carriers they found.

Without doing that there's no effective way to control it, resulting in the isolation/cancellation measures we have, which can only slow it down.

Indeed. Look like Norway is doing something right as well, with only 8 deaths per mil.
They have been able to test most of the population and isolate those infected because they had enough test kits and a plan to do so. The population of Norway is younger than places like Italy and Spain, so we should expect a lower death rate. Also the population density is about that of Kansas. Oslo the largest city and has a population of just 500,000. 80% of the population live in small cities, towns, and villages so the transmission of the virus will certainly be lower than in the more densely populated countries.
And they dont have 360 million people, several orders of magnitude lower, if you dont count the tourists.

The comparison is not valid unless you only looking at numbers of deaths and are ignoring the causes of death.
Just wanted to say thank you Flopper for the solid data and answers you have been giving.

You are quite intelligent for a liberal. :D

These is no quote where Trump clearly says the virus is a hoax. However, if you put what he says in context of his later remarks, downplaying the seriousness of the virus and comparing it to just the flu, and coupled with his lack of action in the early stages, there is no doubt that he did not consider the virus a serious threat, which has turned out to be serious mistake.
Trump was saying it could turn out to b e no worse than the flu. But he always said that he did not know, it was not a subject he had expertise in, and he would defer to the doctors.

Coronavirus Outbreak Timeline

December 31, 2019 – Cases of pneumonia detected in Wuhan, China, are first reported to the WHO. During this reported period, the virus is unknown. The cases occur between December 12 and December 29, according to Wuhan Municipal Health.

January 1, 2020 – Chinese health authorities close the Huanan Seafood Wholesale Market after it is discovered that wild animals sold there may be the source of the virus.

January 5, 2020 – China announces that the unknown pneumonia cases in Wuhan are not SARS or MERS. In a statement, the Wuhan Municipal Health Commission says a retrospective probe into the outbreak has been initiated.

January 7, 2020 – Chinese authorities confirm that they have identified the virus as a novel coronavirus, initially named 2019-nCoV by the WHO.
January 20, 2020 –
China reports 139 new cases of the sickness, including a third death.

January 20, 2020 – The National Institutes of Health announces that it is working on a vaccine against the coronavirus. “The NIH is in the process of taking the first steps towards the development of a vaccine,” says Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institutes of Allergy and Infectious Diseases.

January 21, 2020 –
Officials in Washington state confirm the first case on US soil.

January 22, 2020 – Wuhan says it will “temporarily” close its airport and railway stations for departing passengers following news that the death toll from the Wuhan Coronavirus has risen to 17. Chinese authorities confirm at least 547 cases in the mainland.

January 23, 2020 – At an emergency committee convened by the World Health Organization, the WHO says that the Wuhan coronavirus does not yet constitute a public health emergency of international concern.

January 23, 2020 – The Beijing Culture and Tourism Bureau cancels all large-scale Lunar New Year celebrations in an effort to contain the growing spread of Wuhan coronavirus. On the same day, Chinese authorities enforce a partial lockdown of transport in and out of Wuhan. Authorities in the nearby cities of Huanggang and Ezhou Huanggang announce a series of similar measures.

January 26, 2020 – The China Association of Travel Services reports that all tours, including international ones, will be suspended.

January 28, 2020 – Chinese President Xi Jinping meets with WHO Director General Tedros Adhanom in Beijing. At the meeting, Xi and the WHO agree to send a team of international experts, including US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention staff, to China to investigate the coronavirus outbreak.

January 29, 2020 – The White House announces the formation of a new task force that will help monitor and contain the spread of the virus, and ensure Americans have accurate and up-to-date health and travel information, it said.

January 30, 2020 –
The US reports its first confirmed case of person-to-person transmission of the Wuhan coronavirus. On the same day, the WHO determines that the outbreak constitutes a Public Health Emergency of International Concern (PHEIC).

January 31, 2020 – The Donald Trump administration announces it will deny entry to foreign nationals who have traveled in China in the last 14 days.

February 2, 2020 – A man in the Philippines dies from the Wuhan coronavirus — the first time a death has been reported outside mainland China since the outbreak began.

February 3, 2020 – China’s Foreign Ministry accuses the US government of inappropriately reacting to the outbreak and spreading fear by enforcing travel restrictions.

February 4, 2020 – The Japanese Health Ministry announces that ten people aboard the Diamond Princess cruise ship moored in Yokohama Bay are confirmed to have the coronavirus. The ship, which is carrying more than 3,700 people, is placed under quarantine scheduled to end on February 19.

February 7, 2020 – Li Wenliang, a Wuhan doctor who was targeted by police for trying to sound the alarm on a “SARS-like” virus in December, dies of the coronavirus. Following news of Li’s death, the topics “Wuhan government owes Dr. Li Wenliang an apology,” and “We want freedom of speech,” trend on China’s Twitter-like platform, Weibo, before disappearing from the heavily censored platform.

February 8, 2020 – The US Embassy in Beijing confirms that a 60-year-old US national died in Wuhan on February 6, marking the first confirmed death of a foreigner.

February 10, 2020 – Xi inspects efforts to contain the Wuhan coronavirus in Beijing, the first time he has appeared on the front lines of the fight against the outbreak. On the same day, a team of international experts from WHO arrives in China to assist with containing the coronavirus outbreak.

February 10, 2020 – The Anthem of the Seas, a Royal Caribbean cruise ship, sets sail from Bayonne, New Jersey, after a coronavirus scare had kept it docked and its passengers waiting for days.

February 11, 2020 The WHO names the coronavirus COVID-19.

February 13, 2020 – China’s state-run Xinhua News Agency announces that Shanghai mayor Ying Yong will be replacing Jiang Chaoliang amid the outbreak. Wuhan Communist Party chief Ma Guoqiang has also been replaced by Wang Zhonglin, party chief of Jinan city in Shandong province, according to Xinhua.

February 14, 2020 – A Chinese tourist who tested positive for the virus dies in France, becoming the first person to die in the outbreak in Europe.

February 14, 2020 – Egypt announces its first case of Wuhan coronavirus on Friday, according to a joint statement by Egypt’s Ministry of Health and the WHO. The confirmed case marks the first in Africa since the virus was detected.

February 15, 2020 – The official Communist Party journal Qiushi publishes the transcript of a speech made on February 3 by Xi in which he “issued requirements for the prevention and control of the new coronavirus” on January 7, revealing Xi knew about and was directing the response to the virus on almost two weeks before he commented on it publicly.

February 18, 2020 – Xi says in a phone call with British Prime Minister Boris Johnson that China’s measures to prevent and control the epidemic “are achieving visible progress,” according to state news Xinhua.

February 19, 2020 – Passengers who have tested negative for the novel coronavirus begin disembarking from the stricken Diamond Princess cruise ship, despite mounting evidence from infectious disease experts they could unknowingly be carrying the virus back into their communities.

February 21, 2020 – The CDC changes criteria for counting confirmed cases of novel coronavirus in the US and begins tracking two separate and distinct groups: those repatriated by the US Department of State and those identified by the US public health network.

February 25, 2020 –
The NIH announces that a clinical trial to evaluate the safety and effectiveness of the antiviral drug remdesivir in adults diagnosed with coronavirus has started at the University of Nebraska Medical Center in Omaha. The first participant is an American who was evacuated from the Diamond Princess cruise ship docked in Japan.

February 26, 2020 – CDC officials say that a California patient being treated for novel coronavirus is the first US case of unknown origin. The patient, who didn’t have any relevant travel history nor exposure to another known patient, is the first possible US case of “community spread.”

February 26, 2020 – President Donald Trump places Vice President Mike Pence in charge of the US government response to the novel coronavirus, amid growing criticism of the White House’s handling of the outbreak.

So, on Jan 23 WHO says this is not an emergency but 5 days later the WH is announcing a task force to go to China and investigate the disease. BEFORE THAT, we were already working on a vaccine for it to reduce its spread.
The next day Trump sets of a task force to contain and monitor the spread of the virus.
Two days after that, Trump bans direct travel to and from China, which was what has done the most to buy us time to respond to this thing, as contrasted with Itally and the EU's total fuck up with all of it.
By the end of February, within a month of this thing starting, Trump has Pence in charge of managing our national response, all this while Europe was still completely ignoring any stringent controls at all.

You Democrats are not giving Trump a fair shake on this whole thing, much like everything else he does, good or bad, and I think just about everyone realizes this except for you guys.

Wait til they fall for all the body bags the Gv is buying up lmfao.

I make my own decisions. And calling it a hoax went beyond the virus but since I never said so, I'll own my mistaken comment. It is mine....Trump had nothing to do with it.

I am not going to argue all of this with you because I don't keep up with all the nuances.

View attachment 318323

You fed right into the right-wing media bullshit, which was spoon-fed to you by Trump.

Fuck Trump.

I made my own call based on several factors.

Stop being a left wing mind reader and accept that I said it.

The U.S. has 1/4 of total (resolved and unresolved) cases world wide.

The U.S. has 225,000 of 700,000 active cases. That is more than a third.

New York + New Jersey have 115,000 active cases between them.

That is now roughly 1/6th of the global active cases.

Shouldn't New York be turning soon ?

Forum List

Back