Official Coronavirus Thread - Up to the minute Coronavirus map and count.

Another terrible day.

24,450 new cases, 706 new deaths. So far.

Other states are increasing in terms of percentages.

But New York and New Jersey continue to get smashed.

New York death count is 5.5 times higher than the next state (New Jersey).

How's the state medical structure? How's NYC medical structure? I heard they have a shortage of ventilators and that they are taking bodies out with a heavy duty shovel. If it gets overwhelmed, then it will collapse like it did in southern Italy. Then more deaths. There would be nothing they could do.

Jeff Bezos has to do the right thing and close warehouses for sanitation. He has been awfully quiet on how he's protecting the workers. I don't shop Whole Foods because of what I've heard about him and the way the business is run. Same with Amazon, but it's harder to avoid them, especially now. I rather shop with other online merchants on Amazon and not get Prime (scam). He's the richest man in the world and he's not helping.

Today won't help this curve.

But as long as it stays inflected (yes i n f l e c t e d), that's good.

Come on Italy.
1585782739996.png

Another terrible day.

This is a national cluster fuck. And it's just getting worse.

You didn't believe them ?

About 15 to 20 states are still below 10 deaths. About 30 are still at double digits.

Six or Seven deaths make up the majority.

I am not happy for anyone....but it isn't universal.

Another terrible day.

About 15 to 20 states are still below 10 deaths. About 30 are still at double digits.

What did I say that I don't believe?

Another terrible day.

They said it will get worse.

You seemed surprised.

I don't exactly what they mean in total. Many states don't have it that bad (and I know it could get there). New York looked like they were flattening out in terms of cases....but it didn't last.

New York and New Jersey are at 10,500 new cases combined.

They are 60% of deaths.

They are just getting creamed.

The thinking is the East coast wasn't as careful due to their governors, but it's going to hit the other states, eventually. Trump is like a thermometer as he's backing off on what he said now. The shutdown was about shelter in place or lockdown, i.e. quarantine and sanitation or try to save the economy. Some people here still believe it's not as serious. There's still that debate, but the confirmed cases point to a different direction -- more deaths.
you don't know that at all. irresponsible dude.

Yes, I do. It's based on what has happened in Italy, Spain, China, and more; it's based on knowing how COVID-19 works and how it has stressed our medical system. We are behind flattening the curve. I posted a video on it from the doctors since your type won't believe other Pubs like me and how the virus does not know about our borders. I suppose you know how COVID-19 kills us now. A couple of days ago, this surgeon released another vid on why the numbers will go up. Watch it instead of getting your news in sound bites.

You know how it works? You know more than the experts

Another terrible day.

You seemed surprised.

I don't exactly what they mean in total. Many states don't have it that bad (and I know it could get there). New York looked like they were flattening out in terms of cases....but it didn't last.
Well when anything goes as far as counting deaths the number won’t ever go down, that’s a statistical impossibility

Another terrible day.

You seemed surprised.

I'm not surprised that it's getting worse. Clearly, in looking at the numbers, it's getting worse.

Another terrible day.

You seemed surprised.

I'm not surprised that it's getting worse. Clearly, in looking at the numbers, it's getting worse.
The daily count hasn’t changed that much

Another terrible day.

How's the state medical structure? How's NYC medical structure? I heard they have a shortage of ventilators and that they are taking bodies out with a heavy duty shovel. If it gets overwhelmed, then it will collapse like it did in southern Italy. Then more deaths. There would be nothing they could do.

Not arguing.

I feel bad for New York.

They could stand a break.

Many states stay in the single digits.

New Jersey hit 88.

Does New York have what it needs ?

New York and New Jersey are at 10,500 new cases combined.

They are 60% of deaths.

They are just getting creamed.

The thinking is the East coast wasn't as careful due to their governors, but it's going to hit the other states, eventually. Trump is like a thermometer as he's backing off on what he said now. The shutdown was about shelter in place or lockdown, i.e. quarantine and sanitation or try to save the economy. Some people here still believe it's not as serious. There's still that debate, but the confirmed cases point to a different direction -- more deaths.
you don't know that at all. irresponsible dude.

Yes, I do. It's based on what has happened in Italy, Spain, China, and more; it's based on knowing how COVID-19 works and how it has stressed our medical system. We are behind flattening the curve. I posted a video on it from the doctors since your type won't believe other Pubs like me and how the virus does not know about our borders. I suppose you know how COVID-19 kills us now. A couple of days ago, this surgeon released another vid on why the numbers will go up. Watch it instead of getting your news in sound bites.

You know how it works? You know more than the experts

I know how the statistics work and learned how COVID-19 kills people as I said two days ago. What is happening in some places are that the deaths are overwhelming the medical staff. That means people with serious conditions get sent home with an oxygen tank. Also, more people die.

California should follow the East coast cities, but maybe we got shelter in place earlier and people, for the most part, stayed in. I dunno. The media hyped up the people who went to the parks and beaches over last weekend and to the rural areas to visit or stay in their vacation places. What does it mean? It means more people catch it and more people die.

I don't think just because you're young that you won't die. You stand a better chance of living, but you could also catch it again and then you'll have an underlying condition. We've seen people who had only a mild case, but there were those who had more severe cases, too. The numbers should all eventually fit into a bell curve. What we want to do is flatten the rate of people getting it or else the medical people in place get overwhelmed. Then, it's a disaster. We already had one with the testing, and even that's still not in place in California. Thus, people have it and are spreading it without knowing it.

The best thing to do is quarantine and sanitation, but even then COVID-19 cases will spread. The whole of US is trending up. It will take some time for quarantine to work and then we'll see the numbers go down. However, right now both confirmed cases and deaths will go up. It's just a matter of time so quarantine and sanitation will eventually take effect and the numbers start to trend down. It seems like you think that this isn't the case and for some reason it will be okay where you are. It may be, but that's not likely. We should all fit the bell curve eventually. Maybe your area will be lucky and not overwhelm the medical staff. However, no one knows that.

Forum List

Back