Officer Who Pepper-Sprayed a Black Army Medic Is Fired

There was no force making this man use pepper spray. The cop came at the man way to aggressively and hostilely. A civil conversation at the mans window explaining why he was pulled over was all that was needed. Why do turds like you always have to take the other side to these debates. There is a clear right and wrong here. Not a right and left. You wonder why the race card gets used on the Right so often? It’s because your default position always seems to ignore and dismiss the racial elements to situations like these

It's you on the left that uses the race card, not us on the right. Race was not an issue here. They had no idea this was a black guy they pulled over. When they got out of their car with their guns drawn, they didn't know it was a black guy who was driving. The officer was yelling not knowing who or how many were in the vehicle. So don't make this a race issue when race had nothing to do with it. You people always do this.
Oh I promise you if it was a white mother driving with her children the cop would have holstered that weapon and apologized and probably let her off with a warning. Stop playing games
Don't believe that propaganda nonsense..... the color of your skin doesn't protect you.

Yelling and aggressively threatening is not being extra cautious it is escalating and dangerous and inappropriate.
The driver failed to follow instructions

if he was outside the car in full view it puts the police at less risk
I got arrested for that back in the mid 90's.
Cop wanted me to get in the car and stay there with the door shut and my seatbelt on, but I didn't like the squirrely way he was acting, so I opted to stand outside my car, on my feet, hands visible, in full view of any witnesses.

He told me I was under arrest, and when I just looked at him for a moment, he slid back a half step, and put his hand on his gun. I decided not to kill him and let him take me into custody. The judge threw it out saying "You gotta be fucking kidding me....", and the cop's chief had a chat with him about doing stupid shit to people that were capable of ripping his arms off and slapping him around with the wet ends.

The chief of police was my judo sensei.

You think? Nazario got off without any charges. The cop was canned.
Thats not a morale booster for cops who have put their life on the line every day

and it will lead to loss of performance and less safety for the residents of that town
Yeah, I don’t think we have to chose between community safety and police being able to act like belligerent thugs.

I think the community and police will ultimately be far safer when they respect each other.
Too many laws.

You can't respect someone who will throw people in cages for some of this chickenshit.

And the decent ones get fired if they won't.

We need to get rid of a lot of laws.

How do you know they didn't know it was a black man, you don't know if they had been following him for a while or if they had passed him and turned around. You AssUMe that they didn't know he was a black man.

They were behind him the entire time. They got out of the police car guns drawn screaming for him to show his hands and get out of the car. They couldn't even see from behind because of the heavily tinted widows which is why they didn't see the temp tag in the first place.

This has nothing to do with race. Even after everything was over, the officer offered him a break if he wanted it. And of course we know the thanks he got for it.

Well there’s a shift as expected. Yelling and aggressively threatening is not being extra cautious it is escalating and dangerous and inappropriate. The driver had every right to ask why he was pulled over. And he had every right to wait for an answer before exiting the car to a screaming police officer with his gun. Why are you defending such obvious miss behavior and abuse of power?

If you watch police shows or even see police in your city with somebody like this, they all scream. They are taught at the academy that you need to scream like a drill sergeant to show authority. Why are you defending a guy who refused to obey the commands of a police officer?

Biden should fire the Army medic not the police officer who was just doing his job

****Joe Gutierrez, who is accused of using excessive force during a traffic stop in Windsor, Va., has been dismissed, the town said.*****

He must be one of those white hispanics that the lib news media accuses of hating black people
I wonder if he was grabbing for his taser and picked up the pepper sprayer instead. :rolleyes-41:
No, he put the taser away and reached for the pepper spray on the video.

Oh I promise you if it was a white mother driving with her children the cop would have holstered that weapon and apologized and probably let her off with a warning. Stop playing games

If it was a white woman with kids in the car she would have obeyed all the commands from the officer.

Biden should fire the Army medic not the police officer who was just doing his job

****Joe Gutierrez, who is accused of using excessive force during a traffic stop in Windsor, Va., has been dismissed, the town said.*****

He must be one of those white hispanics that the lib news media accuses of hating black people
I wonder if he was grabbing for his taser and picked up the pepper sprayer instead. :rolleyes-41:

If that is the case, who is training these morons and why would he need to taze him?
You just don't get it about the threats these people you are defending with no understanding of obedience to the laws the rest of us respect. Lady justice has her eyes blinded with a scarf. Our cops operate much in the same way to the best of their ability. This will keep on happening until everyone gets through to youth to respect the law. You are the worst because you justify unthinkable hate for the law with full knowledge that to teach children some things a father needs to be present to teach their sons respect and the dignity of resolving issues with respect for other people than just yourself.

The race card is played for getting what you want dishonestly. When you stop playing the race card you become equal. I didn't make that or any other rule up. I do however know and respect what the laws and rules are.

But there isn't though.

YOU ARE BRAINWASHED.

Folks are sovereign and free. We are a free nation of free people. WE ARE NOT A POLICE STATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We vote for folks for people to represent us, not be authorities over us.

I see your problem now. You don't like living in a civilized country. There is authority in all civilized countries. In uncivilized countries, people do as they damn well please and nobody can stop them. If they want to take your money, they just take your money. If they want to have sex with your daughter, they just rape her.

In civilized societies however, we elect people to write laws. We then have people who enforce those laws.

Folks are sovereign and free. We are a free nation of free people. WE ARE NOT A POLICE STATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yet you happily comply with the orders of your local baby hitler about wearing a mask or asking friends over for Christmas
Nope, no I indeed do not.

I do what ever I want and change nothing on Holidays . . and as far as my mask behavior? I never wear one, unless some private business owner requests I do. Then I am a polite individual and I just don't act like a dick. Masks don't really bother me a period of time, to shop in a store.

If OTH these trembling sheep require me to have a vaccine to do business with them? I will seek places to do business that won't. And I am sure I am not the only one.

Glad to hear he was fired. But, I think the police union will get him a job elsewhere.

Temporary victory. We need major change
To err is human. To forgive devine.

*sigh*

Glad to hear he was fired. But, I think the police union will get him a job elsewhere.

*sigh*

Tell me that when they murder one of your kids.

If that is the case, who is training these morons and why would he need to taze him?
You just don't get it about the threats these people you are defending with no understanding of obedience to the laws the rest of us respect.

Exactly what threats was this Servicemember making. This young man is serving this country which keeps your lily white ass safe from foreign enemies.

Lady justice has her eyes blinded with a scarf.

She is peeking out when someone black comes into play.

Our cops operate much in the same way to the best of their ability. This will keep on happening until everyone gets through to youth to respect the law. You are the worst because you justify unthinkable hate for the law with full knowledge that to teach children some things a father needs to be present to teach their sons respect and the dignity of resolving issues with respect for other people than just yourself.

I don't know what the fuck your stupid ass is babbling about I have a son who has graduated from college and a daughter who is a Junior in college, so go spew that right wing, racist rhetoric somewhere else hag.

The race card is played for getting what you want dishonestly. When you stop playing the race card you become equal. I didn't make that or any other rule up. I do however know and respect what the laws and rules are.

The only dishonest folks are racist trash like you who turn a blind eye to police misconduct when someone black is involved. Funny how your ilk doesn't give a damn about the police when Trump Humpers are harming them. You are nothing but a right wing, hypocritical fool.

Dude wasn’t a criminal. He isn’t a criminal. He didn’t deserve to be treated that way.

I want the cops to behave like rational, respectful public servants, not like angry thugs drunk on their power.

Then good luck finding cops to work in your city if you can change it to that.

Police training is developed from decades of past police work. They noted the mistakes that got police officers killed and develop procedures to keep police injuries and fatalities to a minimum. They took note how innocent people in public became injured or killed. In other words, from years of studying, mistakes, statistics, they've developed a way to deal with people like this solder.

Step one: Get the subject out of the vehicle or house. If you suspect problems, put the subject in handcuffs and explain he or she is not under arrest. Search the subject for weapons.

Step two: Ask questions about the incident. Then call his or her identity to dispatch for conformation they are who they say they are, have no warrants for their arrest.

Step three: If the officer believes there is no need to restrain the subject and no laws were broken, take the handcuffs off and explain your actions.

Police don't develop procedure with each incident. If they did, you'd have more dead cops in the country. They do things one way and one way only. It's how they were trained at the academy, it's by policy of the department, and when people make their job harder by not complying, they need to force compliance one way or another.

*sigh*

Tell me that when they murder one of your kids.
My religion teaches to forgive. It is not a choice it is the duty of adults in the church schools I was raised in and later taught. Thanks be to God for our freedom to choose and the assurance that vengeance is God's alone, not our indulgence into such a complex outcome that would result if we obeyed Satan's go ahead. Forgiveness washes one's soul and often that of others.

Forum List

Back