Odds Obama gets forced by ISIS to commit troops to a

Chance of an Obama ground war?

• 100%

• 75%

• 50%

• 25%

• 0%

Results are only viewable after voting.
Now for slamming Rhino's.........like McCain and Graham of South Carolina......who have openly stated they will not support the War powers act unless it includes the destruction of Assad and putting the FSA in charge after defeating the entire country.

I don't agree with this either. The FSA doesn't have the power to hold on to the Gov't if we were to defeat everyone and then put them in power. While I think Assad is a POS, he and the Syrian army are really the only ones capable of POSSIBLY holding the country again after defeating ISIS. Ensuring that they would be later defeated in another Civil War unless we are going to have to stay in Syria for an extended period of time, which is again not in our best interests.

At the same time, we have agreed to support the FSA and are arming them against ISIS and Assad. So by not supporting them we would be breaking our word to them............this as we allow them to get slaughtered by Assad.

Our gov't and their decisions on this fight are inept at best......which includes the Rhino's and Obama wanting to overthrow Assad.

Key question is why do we keep electing idiots.....

Well that is the problem is not? Even if ISIS is not in Syria anymore do you still leave the Assad regime in power?

Granted removing Assad should be the work of the people in Syria and maybe they can do that if they know the US has their back. After all a civil war was already happening in Syria before the would be JV team of ISIS.

ISIS will not be eradicated by Obama, he will do his best to kick that can down the road.
Yes, I'd leave Assad in power as he is the only one with the possibility of holding the country later. The FSA doesn't have the numbers to hold it, and we can't have their back forever.............Leading to another very long occupation with IED's and suicide bombings for our troops there just like in Iraq and Israel.

The history of Israel shows us the final result of such a decision..........Never ending attacks for our people in Syria and a standing U.S, force for another decade.

Obama will continue to do little as he is a dang wishy washy president. I wouldn't want to be serving now as he'll leave our forces asses hanging in the breeze because of his dumb ass rules and policies.

Politicians are good at hosing over the military and not giving them the support they need over politics..........Always have and always will.

Obama can't lead.............and will not give them the powers they need to win it should we commit. He'll never do that anyway as he can't even decide to increase the air campaign.

Now for slamming Rhino's.........like McCain and Graham of South Carolina......who have openly stated they will not support the War powers act unless it includes the destruction of Assad and putting the FSA in charge after defeating the entire country.

I don't agree with this either. The FSA doesn't have the power to hold on to the Gov't if we were to defeat everyone and then put them in power. While I think Assad is a POS, he and the Syrian army are really the only ones capable of POSSIBLY holding the country again after defeating ISIS. Ensuring that they would be later defeated in another Civil War unless we are going to have to stay in Syria for an extended period of time, which is again not in our best interests.

At the same time, we have agreed to support the FSA and are arming them against ISIS and Assad. So by not supporting them we would be breaking our word to them............this as we allow them to get slaughtered by Assad.

Our gov't and their decisions on this fight are inept at best......which includes the Rhino's and Obama wanting to overthrow Assad.

Well that is the problem is not? Even if ISIS is not in Syria anymore do you still leave the Assad regime in power?

Granted removing Assad should be the work of the people in Syria and maybe they can do that if they know the US has their back. After all a civil war was already happening in Syria before the would be JV team of ISIS.

ISIS will not be eradicated by Obama, he will do his best to kick that can down the road.
Yes, I'd leave Assad in power as he is the only one with the possibility of holding the country later. The FSA doesn't have the numbers to hold it, and we can't have their back forever.............Leading to another very long occupation with IED's and suicide bombings for our troops there just like in Iraq and Israel.

The history of Israel shows us the final result of such a decision..........Never ending attacks for our people in Syria and a standing U.S, force for another decade.

Obama will continue to do little as he is a dang wishy washy president. I wouldn't want to be serving now as he'll leave our forces asses hanging in the breeze because of his dumb ass rules and policies.

Politicians are good at hosing over the military and not giving them the support they need over politics..........Always have and always will.

Obama can't lead.............and will not give them the powers they need to win it should we commit. He'll never do that anyway as he can't even decide to increase the air campaign.

The problem will always be there and we the US will always to have to be in that region for one reason or another.

The problem will not be solved by those in the region. Well at least not in our lifetimes.

There needs to be a long term solution in place as more groups like ISIS will appear even after they are minimalized.

The problem will always be there and we the US will always to have to be in that region for one reason or another.

The problem will not be solved by those in the region. Well at least not in our lifetimes.

There needs to be a long term solution in place as more groups like ISIS will appear even after they are minimalized.
The middle east is quick sand for any and all leaders over time.........Many have tried to deal with this region and have failed to end it because of the culture of the societies living there.

They are ruled by religion and different sects of Religions will fight each other until the end of time. It's in their blood, and is shown throughout the history of the region.

The only thing we can do is wipe out the hot spots as they show up, and get out before the dust settles. Killing them as they show up to limit their damage to the area. Kinda like fire ants........You can kill them off for a time, but they will always come back.

The one thing we need to do..........is to NOT FIGHT ON THEIR TERMS.............their battle strategy is Insurgency and Gorilla Warfare.............Hit and run and booby traps...............

DON'T FIGHT ON THEIR TERMS..........

Hit, destroy and leave. Do not commit to long occupations as you are playing into the enemies strategy..............Never fight a war that can't be won.

You can't win their ideology..........that isn't possible but you can destroy them from time to time.

Undecided on the poll question as ISIS really can't force us to do anything...........The world has talked tough on Genocidal maniacs like ISIS in the past but haven't went in to end it before..........In the Genocide in Bosnia they actually sent in UN forces only to be disarmed by the Serbs because the UN forces weren't allowed to fight, and even allowed people to be taken and killed in UN safe zones.

Clinton was not willing to act for a long time because of Somalia..............Finally he decided to conduct the extended bombing campaign. Yet under Clinton he opted for a strong air campaign..........

Obama's air campaign is very limited...Even though it is killing ISIS it is not enough to cause the damage needed to fully degrade ISIS............

If Obama can't even be trusted to commit to stronger air attacks then how can he be trusted to commit enough troops to do the job should he proceed........

His proposed War plan for 3 years has got to be the most LIMP WRISTED PLAN I've ever seen in my life. Calls it a War plan and then states ground defense to destroy to combat ISIS. He's an Idiot...........If he were to commit to destroy ISIS on the ground he'd have the votes to do so............but Congress is worried he'll half ass commit to it which would be stupid policy.

If Obama wants to defeat ISIS, then he needs to listen to the Generals who have stated ground forces will be necessary.................and allow them to conduct the War as needed and they will kick ISIS to the nether regions of hell.

I'll be glad when this wimp is out of office.

we have troops in the region of course they can force us.

Wrong! But that is not what you want to hear.

Obama will do a little as possible and if he has to commit ground troops he will do it at the end of his presidency to preserve his legacy.

Which has already been pointed out!

You are an idiot and now officially on ignore. Bye Bye. What a relief! :)

The irony of said post!
One of the biggest trolls on these boards is gonna iggy. LOL

I only want to hear from people that add substance and are original. Like you. :) Oh, and I'm the biggest and best troll in a decade.

we have troops in the region of course they can force us.

Obama will do a little as possible and if he has to commit ground troops he will do it at the end of his presidency to preserve his legacy.

The irony of said post!

I only want to hear from people that add substance and are original. Like you. :) Oh, and I'm the biggest and best troll in a decade.
I know you are a troll, which makes me wonder if you are serious about this thread..........It seems you are serious, but it takes me aback as I'm used to your trolling ways.

The irony of said post!

I know you are a troll, which makes me wonder if you are serious about this thread..........It seems you are serious, but it takes me aback as I'm used to your trolling ways.

No I'm serious and I hate Obama because he's weak. We have ISIS 9 miles from a base with 300 troops. All they have to do is kill 1 or capture 1 or sneak a bomb in one time successfully and it's over for Obama. I'm the one who picked 100%.

One thing you'll notice about me eagle is on serious topics I'm very serious. On stupid topics I make them FZ bound.

The middle east is quick sand for any and all leaders over time.........Many have tried to deal with this region and have failed to end it because of the culture of the societies living there.

They are ruled by religion and different sects of Religions will fight each other until the end of time. It's in their blood, and is shown throughout the history of the region.

The only thing we can do is wipe out the hot spots as they show up, and get out before the dust settles. Killing them as they show up to limit their damage to the area. Kinda like fire ants........You can kill them off for a time, but they will always come back.

The one thing we need to do..........is to NOT FIGHT ON THEIR TERMS.............their battle strategy is Insurgency and Gorilla Warfare.............Hit and run and booby traps...............

Hit, destroy and leave. Do not commit to long occupations as you are playing into the enemies strategy..............Never fight a war that can't be won.

You can't win their ideology..........that isn't possible but you can destroy them from time to time.

Yes, but can we elect someone who will do this?

And will the extremist in this country allow the US to do that?

Obama is incapable of forming a logical defense. He's to busy destroying America to worry about some J.V. team

-Geaux

Yes, but can we elect someone who will do this?

And will the extremist in this country allow the US to do that?
I haven't seen any politician running that will do this............I'd be a happy camper if I did...........Politicians are too worried about their votes and power to do and say what is necessary............Is that person out there.......maybe............but the powers to be will never allow that person to be elected should he show up.

No, the extremist from both sides will not allow it..........Extreme left, NO WAR.............Extreme RIGHT kill Assad..............both sides would then state we must stay for humanitarian reasons after kicking their butts leading to long occupation with the same results.

Ground war whether he likes it or not. :)

Question's asymmetrical. :) Odds of, and percentage answers are incorrect. Odds of answers should be 1 in 4, 1 in 2, etc.

Percentage chance answers would have "chance of..." not "odds of."

That said, satisfying my anal retentive nature, 100% or 1 in 1. :)

War fatigue is the only reason efforts against ISIS have been esclating so slowly. But the desire and eventuality is just another pointless war because the corporations wanna make more money selling bombs and bullets. If we didn't have wars they wouldn't be rich.

After ISIS, some new boogeyman will be the new bad guy and this whole thing will repeat. Wanna play patriot, quit letting the government do this crap.

Forum List

Back