Occupy Phoenix Asks: When Should You Shoot a Cop?

[...]

So if anyone is worried that a "Police State" will evolve where local cops are beating down your door to take your guns or money or gold.......or whatever "police state" ideals one has, I think there is 0% chance of that.

[...]

But a Stalin-like police state being implemented with our current local cops? No chance. They'd never do it. They already CHOOSE not to enforce dumbass petty laws that mayors and governors pass on a daily basis. A law is nothing but ink on paper without people to enforce it.
If you don't think the U.S. is incrementally becoming a police state there is much you need to learn about contemporary reality. The following is excerpted from a Cato Institute article. I urge you to read the full article because I think you'll find it enlightening.

(Excerpt)

Americans have long maintained that a man’s home is his castle and that he has the right to defend it from unlawful intruders. Unfortunately, that right may be disappearing. Over the last 25 years, America has seen a disturbing militarization of its civilian law enforcement, along with a dramatic and unsettling rise in the use of paramilitary police units (most commonly called Special Weapons and Tactics, or SWAT) for routine police work. The most common use of SWAT teams today is to serve narcotics warrants, usually with forced, unannounced entry into the home.

These increasingly frequent raids, 40,000 per year by one estimate, are needlessly subjecting nonviolent drug offenders, bystanders, and wrongly targeted civilians to the terror of having their homes invaded while they’re sleeping, usually by teams of heavily armed paramilitary units dressed not as police officers but as soldiers. These raids bring unnecessary violence and provocation to nonviolent drug offenders, many of whom were guilty of only misdemeanors. The raids terrorize innocents when police mistakenly target the wrong residence. And they have resulted in dozens of needless deaths and injuries, not only of drug offenders, but also of police officers, children, bystanders, and innocent suspects. This paper presents a history and overview of the issue of paramilitary drug raids, provides an extensive catalogue of abuses and mistaken raids, and offers recommendations for reform

(Close)

Go here for the full article: http://www.cato.org/pubs/wtpapers/balko_whitepaper_2006.pdf

All those evil nations or regimes they listed (Pol Pot, Stalin, etc).............do the OWS people not realize that those nations followed THE SAME ideology that 95% of OWS folks are cheering for to come here? Big gov't control, resource redistribution, etc, etc?????

Dumbasses never fail to remind me how dumb they are.

Link?

Link to what? That Stalin was a communist? The left wingers want the same ideals that Pol Pot, Stalin, Lenin, etc, all advocated to become reality here? Redistribution of resources? That can ONLY be done by force. As Stalin and Lenin showed us.

Nope. Most people who finished 8th grade in the US know who Stalin, Pol Pot, and Lenin were.

I'm looking for the 95% claim. It would be no more fair, if someone were to say: "Oh the Tea Partiers were 80% racist, 40% fundamentalist Christian, 50% anti semitic, etc..."

Link to what? That Stalin was a communist? The left wingers want the same ideals that Pol Pot, Stalin, Lenin, etc, all advocated to become reality here? Redistribution of resources? That can ONLY be done by force. As Stalin and Lenin showed us.

Nope. Most people who finished 8th grade in the US know who Stalin, Pol Pot, and Lenin were.

I'm looking for the 95% claim. It would be no more fair, if someone were to say: "Oh the Tea Partiers were 80% racist, 40% fundamentalist Christian, 50% anti semitic, etc..."

Nope, they said the tea parties were 100% racists, mostly fundamentalists, though I never heard anti-semitism thrown about.

That's right folks, according to the OWS crowd, changing society "almost always requires" killing law enforcement officers. Law enforcement officers in the Grand Canyon state have been placed on high alert and the Arizona Counter-Terrorism Information Center has published a safety memo in response to the threats of unapologetic cop killing.

:eusa_whistle:

Could this be what Obama is backing? Counting upon to suspend everything? Take over reigns of power? Could it spread?

It wouldn't take much with any president tie down several major cities and any president would suspend rule of law, what I am I saying only a communist thug would do that.

Unfortunately, the media and Hollywood have painted a picture of cops that is less than flattering. And most people are morons enough to believe it's reality.

I will agree with you on that. Most cops are decent people who are just trying to earn a living and go home to their families. It's too easy to call people who believe what they watch in a fictional movie, morons. I would say that they are guilty of overthinking things instead. Bad apple cops are few and far between. Most of the time, they are weeded out before they cause any destruction. Cops are usually VERY good at reading people because they're used to people trying to bullshit them, and they will identify the weirdo before he/she straps on a gun. It happens all the time.

Sometimes the bad ones slip through the cracks. There are few things more dangerous than a psychopathic cop.

The two-page fliers outline scenarios where it's appropriate to kill "any government agent" who violates a person's Constitutional rights.

Some of those scenarios include airport security checkpoints, the border, and sobriety checkpoints.

Occupy Phoenix: Fliers Titled "When Should You Shoot a Cop" Found at Demonstration - Phoenix News - Valley Fever

Who wants to try to convince me that there is not violent intent here?

I understand their grievances, but yes...I get what you're saying. An attorney or judge could say for certain, but I would interpret that as assault.

There's a difference between a peaceful protest and threatening someone.

...trounced. With president Obama & family probably already packing for their move out of the White House, the OWS has no one to blame but themselves. If the OWS movement had protested in class instead of a vagrant mass it would have lent credence to their objective. I must say that the anti semetic remarks coupled with the violent 'shoot the cops'(where the hell did this come from???) pamphlets will lead to the biggest single defeat of the DNC in U.S. history. To add insult to injury the so called cops are UNION MEMBERS ALSO!!!!!! The OWS is turning on their own prized union members!
As a Libertarian I see the group identity battle between the demmies & repubies from an unbiased perspective, like I'm socially liberal & financially conservative. I have close friends from both political ideologies so understand both ideologies. BUT, these latest hate for the sake of hate moves by the OWS are nothing more than political suicide. There remains not one advantage to the OWS anti semetic remarks let alone the shoot the cops pamphlets that I can ascertain.
Am I missing something that you know??? Or, are these people just this stupid??? It's like saying... "I'll teach you for punching me in the mouth, I'm gonna burn down my house!" I'm telling ya there's a phuking dummy born every minute!!!

My, my. Moral equivalence arguments and raw, festering hatred of college students all in one thread.

Who would have thought rightwingloons were this batshit crazy?

I notice you haven't answered the question. You are a liar and a hypocrite as well as a moron. Keep proving it.
Did you ask a question? How am I so sure the OWS didn't do it? Because, that is not their mission or gripe.

I wouldn't doubt if someone like you did it to spread hatred. I would not doubt it at all from people that stand by and cheer people like Breitbart for doing similar things.

My, my. Moral equivalence arguments and raw, festering hatred of college students all in one thread.

Who would have thought rightwingloons were this batshit crazy?

I notice you haven't answered the question. You are a liar and a hypocrite as well as a moron. Keep proving it.
Did you ask a question? How am I so sure the OWS didn't do it? Because, that is not their mission or gripe.

I wouldn't doubt if someone like you did it to spread hatred. I would not doubt it at all from people that stand by and cheer people like Breitbart for doing similar things.

you mean the people who say they need to "exercise their second amendment rights?"

They diid and still do call them baggers

Tsk, tsk Willow...

The Tea Party started it by calling themselves Tea "Baggers"...

The first big day for this movement was Tax Day, April 15. And organizers had a gimmick. They asked people to send a tea bag to the Oval Office. One of the exhortations was “Tea Bag the Fools in D.C.” A protester was spotted with a sign saying, “Tea Bag the Liberal Dems Before They Tea Bag You.” So, conservatives started it: started with this terminology. But others ran with it and ran with it. (Duh...left the door WIDE open (pun intended))

Rise of an Epithet

The Occupy Wall Street movement has, from the beginning, stressed non violence. The blog post that got the "ball rolling":

“On the 17th of September, we want to see 20,000 people to flood into lower Manhattan, set up beds, kitchens, peaceful barricades and occupy Wall Street for a few months,” one statement says. “Like our brothers and sisters in Egypt, Greece, Spain, and Iceland, we plan to use the revolutionary Arab Spring tactic of mass occupation to restore democracy in America. We also encourage the use of nonviolence to achieve our ends and maximize the safety of all participants.”

Notice where non violence is stressed by the people that started this movement?

These pamphlets were left at an Occupy protest. There is no source for these pamphlets and could very well have come from the likes of a Breitbart or O'Keefe...who have proven time and again that they will go to ANY lengths to create a story.

Have any prominent supporters of the OWS movement made incendiary statements? Have radio talk show hosts like Joyce Kaufman made on air comments like “If ballots don’t work, bullets will.”

Have candidates running for public office who happen to support the OWS movement made comments about "2nd Amendment Remedies" and "taking out" a US Senator?

Surely you've all heard of Agent Provocateurs haven't you?

The two-page fliers outline scenarios where it's appropriate to kill "any government agent" who violates a person's Constitutional rights.

Some of those scenarios include airport security checkpoints, the border, and sobriety checkpoints.

Occupy Phoenix: Fliers Titled "When Should You Shoot a Cop" Found at Demonstration - Phoenix News - Valley Fever

On specifically whose part?

Have you read the subject pamphlets?

Do you know who is distributing them?

Do you know what agents provocateur are?

Are you poised to draw negative conclusions about the protest and its participants?

On specifically whose part?

Have you read the subject pamphlets?

Do you know who is distributing them?

Do you know what agents provocateur are?

Are you poised to draw negative conclusions about the protest and its participants?
They are being distributed at OWS. I have no evidence that they are not anyone other than OWS.

When there is any evidence that the pamphlets were distributed by someone other than OWS, I'll agree they were not part of OWS. There is none.

They were distributed at OWS and at two separate OWS locations that we know of.

The Occupy Wall Street movement has, from the beginning, stressed non violence. The blog post that got the "ball rolling":

“On the 17th of September, we want to see 20,000 people to flood into lower Manhattan, set up beds, kitchens, peaceful barricades and occupy Wall Street for a few months,” one statement says. “Like our brothers and sisters in Egypt, Greece, Spain, and Iceland, we plan to use the revolutionary Arab Spring tactic of mass occupation to restore democracy in America. We also encourage the use of nonviolence to achieve our ends and maximize the safety of all participants.”

Notice where non violence is stressed by the people that started this movement?

These pamphlets were left at an Occupy protest. There is no source for these pamphlets and could very well have come from the likes of a Breitbart or O'Keefe...who have proven time and again that they will go to ANY lengths to create a story.

Have any prominent supporters of the OWS movement made incendiary statements? Have radio talk show hosts like Joyce Kaufman made on air comments like “If ballots don’t work, bullets will.”

Have candidates running for public office who happen to support the OWS movement made comments about "2nd Amendment Remedies" and "taking out" a US Senator?

Surely you've all heard of Agent Provocateurs haven't you?
"Where is the violence?"

Watch the news. Read the reports.

:rolleyes:

Welcome to Occupy Phoenix, the latest violent embarrassment to American society. This group of occupiers is asking, "When should you shoot a cop?" Pamphlets asking this question and laying out justifications for doing so were left at the Occupy Wall Street location in Phoenix, Arizona and found by a Maricopa County Sheriff Deputy.

When Should You Shoot A Cop?

That question, even without an answer, makes most “law-abiding taxpayers” go into knee-jerk conniptions. The indoctrinated masses all race to see who can be first, and loudest to proclaim that it is NEVER okay to forcibly resist “law enforcement.” In doing so, they also inadvertently demonstrate why so much of human history has been plagued by tyranny and oppression.
In an ideal world, cops would do nothing except protect people from thieves and attackers, in which case shooting a cop would never be justified. In the real world, however, far more injustice, violence, torture, theft, and outright murder has been committed IN THE NAME of “law enforcement,” than has been committed in spite of it. To get a little perspective, try watching a documentary or two about some of the atrocities committed by the regimes of Stalin, or Lenin, or Chaiman Mao, or Hitler, or Pol Pot, or any number of other tyrants in history. Pause the film when the jackboots are about to herd innocent people into cattle cars, or gun them down as they stand on the edge of a ditch, and THEN ask yourself the question, “When should you shoot a cop?”

Occupy Phoenix Asks: When Should You Shoot a Cop? - Katie Pavlich

They should talk to LittleReb. He knows.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/law-a...565-should-someone-have-shoot-these-cops.html

"Where is the violence?"

Watch the news. Read the reports.

:rolleyes:
Whenever there is a protest gathering of substantial size, regardless of how conscientiously determined to remain peaceful the majority of protesters are there almost always are a few individuals who have their own ideas. If one or two individuals decide to toss things at the police or destroy property their actions serve as justifiable provocation for police to move aggressively against the entire gathering, as we have recently seen.

One notable exception to the typical scenario was seen in the first Occupy demonstration at Wall Street when violent actions were perpetrated by police supervisors against peaceful protesters with absolutely no justifying provocation at all. And it is typical when police are seen engaging demonstrators that the public automatically assumes their actions are justifiable regardless of how aggressive or, in some cases, excessively brutal they may be.

A badge does not give someone the authority to brake the law, a badge does not raise someone above the law so they can hurt of kill a person. A person who carriers a badge is dully sworn, but when he kills someone beyond his authority he becomes a criminal and law breaker, do people stand around and watch people kill other people?

Forum List

Back