Occult roots of Pokemon Go Game

Book of Jeremiah

Platinum Member
Nov 3, 2012
Considering the extreme danger people are placing their children and themselves in, by engaging in the current trend - Pokemon Go - here are a few facts you should consider before getting involved in the occult. The bible forbids us from having anything to do with the occult. If we call ourselves Christians we should have nothing do with it and forbid our children or grandchildren from having anything to do with it. If we call ourselves Christians we should warn people of the dangers of the Pokemon Go fascination. It is not a game. It is a deadly trap. Do not go near it, avoid it at all costs and warn others to do the same.

What Does the Bible Say About....

The Danger of the Pokemon Fascination

What is behind the fascination with the Pokemon phenomenon? Even though this fad is highly popular among the children today, some may not be really aware of what this game is all about. Children and parents alike may not realize the importance of choosing their games and toys with God's guidance. Some might argue that this is a small thing and as long as children are entertained it shouldn't matter what they are playing with. Even as the "little foxes" can spoil the entire grape vine, the games and toys our children embrace can be destructive for them. As parents, the Bible admonishes us to train our children in the right way.

Proverbs 22:6: "Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it."

The question is, what is the right way and how do we know if something is right for our children or even us personally? In the case of Pokemon let us look at the "roots and fruits" of this game. The Bible tells us in Matthew 7 that we can recognize the tree by the fruit that it bears.

Matthew 7:17: "Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. 20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them."

Pokemon Fascination

List of the Roots and Fruit of Pokemon

1.) First of all, its name describes what this game is about. Pokemon is short for "Pocket Monsters". When I was growing up, we were taught monsters were evil, not something to play with. When I was a little girl, the "boogie man" or monsters caused us fear and we did not want to be around them. This game makes some of its monsters out as friendly; thus causing children to embrace certain evil spirits as friends instead of resisting them.

This is not the only game that does this as there are other games and books that trivialize or glamorize the occult as well. One of the most evil book series that children are reading at this hour are the Harry Potter books. These books are just as dangerous as the Pokemon games.

The Harry Potter books have become a best selling series that chronicle the tales of an orphaned boy at a school for wizards. These books deal with the occult in a fantasy way. In the books you will find animal sacrifices, threats of human sacrifices, witchcraft, wizardry and divination as well as other evil things. For more information about the Harry Potter books click here:

2.) The game was created in Japan and the concepts of the game and trading cards reflect the principles of Eastern Religions and the philosophies that influenced them. Pokemon is the result of influences that are completely mystical and that embrace warrior religions. These belief systems are not compatible with Christianity.

Buddhist Mysticism
Hinduism
Meditation Rituals
The Egyptian Book of the Dead
The Book of Tao
The Analects of Confucius
The Gita
The I Ching
The Tibetan Book of the Dead
Shintoism

Pokemon Fascination

Parents, you must take a more active role in praying over and researching the toys, books and games before buying them for your children. Children, you must not partake in games that do not help you be a better Christian. You must refuse to go along with the latest fads when they are bad. How can we know if a game or toy is good or bad?

• Determine if the game, video or book involves supernatural power. There are only two sources of super natural power -- God or the devil. When it is beyond the natural, it either comes from God or the devil. If it is not from God then we should not be partaking of it.

• Children, ask yourself if this is the kind of game that makes you happy and improves your relationships with others. Parents, see if your child is growing in character via the games he plays or vice versa.

• What kind of things are being learned via these books, games and videos. Remember our minds are molded by what we hear, read and partake of so we must guard our spirit. Psalm 101:3: "I will set no wicked thing before mine eyes: I hate the work of them that turn aside; it shall not cleave to me."
If children have been involved for some time in these satanic games, they may need a prayer of deliverance prayed over them as sometimes the devil can have a stronghold in their lives. Finally any games, books or cards must be disposed of due to the addictive nature of these things. Remember we are in a battle and we must stand on God's Word to see our children protected and delivered from the influence of the wicked one. Their hearts, as well as our own, need to be guarded from all evil influences.

Philippians 4:8-9: "Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.9 Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you".

Proverbs 4:23: "Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life."
Pokemon Fascination

It's a video game about battling with fictional creatures. You're greatly overreacting. Video games, most books, and movies are works of fiction.

It's a video game about battling with fictional creatures. You're greatly overreacting. Video games, books, and movies are works of fiction.
Sounds to me like you're perpetuating the war on religion.
Sounds to me like you're a troll and intentionally took my post out of context. I have no quarrel with religion or lack thereof. Go take your life failures out on someone else.

Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you. Philippians 4: 8-9

Let's look at those words, "think on". Notice that it means to do persistently. With persistence.

verb

1. To think on is to continue to consider or ponder something.

An example of think on is scientists persisting in trying to find alternative fuels that work.

Read more at Think-on dictionary definition | think-on defined

It's a video game about battling with fictional creatures. You're greatly overreacting. Video games, most books, and movies are works of fiction.
Wrong. It's seriously dangerous and you need to find another role model. Your current one in signature and avie is definitely not it.

Considering the extreme danger people are placing their children and themselves in, by engaging in the current trend - Pokemon Go - here are a few facts you should consider before getting involved in the occult. The bible forbids us from having anything to do with the occult. If we call ourselves Christians we should have nothing do with it and forbid our children or grandchildren from having anything to do with it. If we call ourselves Christians we should warn people of the dangers of the Pokemon Go fascination. It is not a game. It is a deadly trap. Do not go near it, avoid it at all costs and warn others to do the same.

What Does the Bible Say About....

The Danger of the Pokemon Fascination

What is behind the fascination with the Pokemon phenomenon? Even though this fad is highly popular among the children today, some may not be really aware of what this game is all about. Children and parents alike may not realize the importance of choosing their games and toys with God's guidance. Some might argue that this is a small thing and as long as children are entertained it shouldn't matter what they are playing with. Even as the "little foxes" can spoil the entire grape vine, the games and toys our children embrace can be destructive for them. As parents, the Bible admonishes us to train our children in the right way.

Proverbs 22:6: "Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it."

The question is, what is the right way and how do we know if something is right for our children or even us personally? In the case of Pokemon let us look at the "roots and fruits" of this game. The Bible tells us in Matthew 7 that we can recognize the tree by the fruit that it bears.

Matthew 7:17: "Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. 20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them."

Pokemon Fascination

The roots of Pokemon go.... Is Pokemon

Wrong. It's seriously dangerous and you need to find another role model. Your current one in signature and avie is definitely not it.
Pffft hahahaha. Role model? Look, I respect you, but you're the sort of person that gives Christians a bad name. Works of fiction are just that; works of fiction. They're designed for entertainment. You're greatly overreacting.

Pumpkin-chan has surrendered her soul to the Otaku. She is a weeaboo sacrifice.

Other philosophies are also evident in Pokemon and these are the demonstration of occultic powers in the games and cards.

We also find the influences of New Age Cults, Wicca, Witchcraft, Paganism and Satanism in this game. In the practice of witchcraft, spirits are summoned and called to stay in a circle until needed to fight off bad spirits.

In these practices they develop relationships with the so-called "good spirits" to fight the bad ones.

This is totally against scripture as the only spirit we are to call on is the Holy Spirit to combat evil spirits with His Holy Angels.

In essence these guardians or "spirit guides" that are used in Pokemon actually encourage children in the ways of witchcraft.

In the Bible one of Israel's kings, Manasseh, was guilty of witchcraft and other sins and he was brought into bondage because of it.

2 Chronicles 33:6: "And he caused his children to pass through the fire in the valley of the son of Hinnom: also he observed times, and used enchantments, and used witchcraft, and dealt with a familiar spirit, and with wizards: he wrought much evil in the sight of the LORD, to provoke him to anger."

Pokemon Fascination
see link for more information from a biblical perspective...

I remember a woman I knew years ago who permitted her sons to have Pokemon cards - the younger one was very involved in the games, etc. A door opened to the occult and drug addiction which led to the deaths of both boys on the same exact day. Shortly after their mother committed suicide. A harmless game?

I think not.

I remember a woman I knew years ago who permitted her sons to have Pokemon cards - the younger one was very involved in the games, etc. A door opened to the occult and drug addiction which led to the deaths of both boys on the same exact day. Shortly after their mother committed suicide. A harmless game?

I think not.
giphy.gif

1.) First of all, its name describes what this game is about. Pokemon is short for "Pocket Monsters". When I was growing up, we were taught monsters were evil, not something to play with. When I was a little girl, the "boogie man" or monsters caused us fear and we did not want to be around them. This game makes some of its monsters out as friendly; thus causing children to embrace certain evil spirits as friends instead of resisting them.

This is not the only game that does this as there are other games and books that trivialize or glamorize the occult as well. One of the most evil book series that children are reading at this hour are the Harry Potter books. These books are just as dangerous as the Pokemon games.

The Harry Potter books have become a best selling series that chronicle the tales of an orphaned boy at a school for wizards. These books deal with the occult in a fantasy way. In the books you will find animal sacrifices, threats of human sacrifices, witchcraft, wizardry and divination as well as other evil things. For more information about the Harry Potter books click here:

2.) The game was created in Japan and the concepts of the game and trading cards reflect the principles of Eastern Religions and the philosophies that influenced them. Pokemon is the result of influences that are completely mystical and that embrace warrior religions. These belief systems are not compatible with Christianity.

Buddhist Mysticism
Hinduism
Meditation Rituals
The Book of Tao
The Gita
The I Ching
Shintoism

Pokemon Fascination

Are these Asian belief systems DANGEROUS? No. Are you showing TOLERANCE towards them? No. You are scapegoating them over a children's game.

What your real issue is --- You believe that children's literature and fantasy play corrupts the DISCIPLINE and traditions of your religion. That these things are a distraction from imposing total religious interpretation on every one of life's endeavours.

Not attacking here -- but lighten up. You have a purity test that is actually HARMFUL to kids. Fantasy play and literary fiction enhance their ACTUAL ability to judge situations that might not be REAL -- but challenge them to CREATE and innovate in their lives.

And in RLife, being innovative and creating new ideas is FUNDAMENTAL to economic survival.

Buddhist Mysticism
Hinduism
Meditation Rituals
The Book of Tao
The Gita
The I Ching
Shintoism

Pokemon Fascination

Are these Asian belief systems DANGEROUS? No. Are you showing TOLERANCE towards them? No. You are scapegoating them over a children's game.

What your real issue is --- You believe that children's literature and fantasy play corrupts the DISCIPLINE and traditions of your religion. That these things are a distraction from imposing total religious interpretation on every one of life's endeavours.

Not attacking here -- but lighten up. You have a purity test that is actually HARMFUL to kids. Fantasy play and literary fiction enhance their ACTUAL ability to judge situations that might not be REAL -- but challenge them to CREATE and innovate in their lives.

And in RLife, being innovative and creating new ideas is FUNDAMENTAL to economic survival.
Actually they are dangerous, FlaCalTenn. Which is what I am about to prove right now by testimonies of those in the religions listed in OP - who have been interviewed. Stay tuned.

Furthermore, by proving that this game is based in the occult, it is clearly forbidden by the Word of God and I can provide ample Scripture to support this as a fact. Not an opinion.

The next one on the list is Hinduism. Is this safe for children? Listen to the testimony of this ex-Hindu priest and you decide.......

Evidence that opening one's mind to fantasy - meditation (yoga) - the occult - is extremely dangerous:

The Spiritual Deception of Yoga | Christian Assemblies International

The Roots of Yoga
Let us take a small look at the roots of the yoga tree - and also have a smell at some of its fruit - for well did Christ say in MATTHEW 7:16 “Ye shall know them by their fruits.”

I am convinced that yoga is one of the seducing doctrines God expressly warns about...

It was the Lord Krishna (one of Hindu's many millions of deities), in the Bhagavad Gita, who introduced the ritual of yoga as a way of achieving union with the universe. The Sanskrit word yoga actually means "union" or "yoking", aiming at bringing about the union of the human spirit with the spirit of the universe. But what is more deeply meant is a separation from the physical illusion of life.

A great part of Hindu teaching is that this world and all we see, is nothing more than an illusion.

Ironically, while yoga in the west is, more often than not, promoted as a way to achieve health and a better way of living; in the east, where it originated, it is more openly understood to be a way of dying.

In Hindu and Buddhist writings yoga is described as the only sure way of escaping the endless cycle of reincarnation and the laws of karma, thereby enabling someone to reach the Hindu idea of heaven (named "moksha") – or in the terminology of Buddhist teachings, to return to the buddhistic void (named "Sunyata") - where the idea of it being a way of dying reaches its finality.

Moksha is by most Hindu schools understood to mean the state "which is beyond being", while "Sunyata" means simply emptiness. Both of these accomplishments have, as their finality, the destruction of the self.

In other words, the physical exercises and positions ("asanas"), along with the breathing techniques ("pranayama"), and meditation ("dhyana") were originally developed for VERY spiritual and religious reasons. The Bhagavad Gita testifies of it in over 50 verses, and certainly it would be difficult not to classify the Bhagavad Gita as a guide to Hindu religion.1

Ouija boards, Tarot cards, Astrology signs and symbols may all seem harmless to some, but like yoga, they have an idea attached.......

The Spiritual Deception of Yoga | Christian Assemblies International
The same goes for Pokemon cards...

There is a youtube video which shows the British Museum's display of the Egyptian Book of the Dead and the narrator explains the spells and magic with in it - I won't promote witchcraft so I am not going to post the video - but the fact is - that Pokemon has been proven to be connected to this type of witchcraft. That alone should be a major warning for anyone not to have anything to do with it.

Forum List

Back