Obama's Transformation of America- Food Stamps Users Near All Time High

Geaux4it

Intensity Factor 4-Fold
May 31, 2009
Tennessee
Thanks Mr Obama for driving Americans into poverty. I just can't believe you mentors and handlers convinced you to hate America the way you do.

Our first mistake was not recognizing his penchant for poor decision making by his choice in women. Well, I use that term loosely

-Geaux
---------------------

Food Stamp Users Near Record High Despite Low Unemployment Rate

Despite the unemployment rate being at an eight-year low (4.9 percent as of January 2016), the number of people on food stamps remains near an all-time high which was 47,636,000 in 2013.

Why the disparity in the numbers? Well, the unemployment rate does not take into account people who are not in, or have dropped out of, the workforce altogether.

The Bureau of Labor Statistics reported in January of this year that approximately 94 million Americans are not participating in the workforce.

But the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) has been hovering around 46 million participants since 2011. The current figure, as of February 2016, stands at 45.8 million Americans receiving food stamps.

Thanks Mr Obama for driving Americans into poverty. I just can't believe you mentors and handlers convinced you to hate America the way you do.

Our first mistake was not recognizing his penchant for poor decision making by his choice in women. Well, I use that term loosely

-Geaux
---------------------

Despite the unemployment rate being at an eight-year low (4.9 percent as of January 2016), the number of people on food stamps remains near an all-time high which was 47,636,000 in 2013.

Why the disparity in the numbers? Well, the unemployment rate does not take into account people who are not in, or have dropped out of, the workforce altogether.

The Bureau of Labor Statistics reported in January of this year that approximately 94 million Americans are not participating in the workforce.

But the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) has been hovering around 46 million participants since 2011. The current figure, as of February 2016, stands at 45.8 million Americans receiving food stamps.

Actually, the main factor for the disparity is that the labor force numbers do not include children under 16 or people in the military. And of course people with jobs are not unemployed. All three groups have significant numbers of SNAP participants.

The Unemployment Rate IS NOT, AND WAS NEVER MEANT TO BE A MEASURE OF POVERTY. So comparisons like this just make no sense.

the left are an interesting lot.

Obama ran on saying America is the greatest country in the world, and he wanted everyone to join in changing America. (paraphrase not actual quote) Now that things are sucky, due to his change, the left wing can't bring themselves to blame themselves, no, they blame a non tangible such as obstruction. Damn if this is where we end up with obstruction I would hate to think where we would be without Obama's agenda being obstructed.

But that isn't really true, Obama got the majority if not all his initiatives. Either through congress or around congress.

As I have said here and elsewhere for the past 8 years at least - UNDERemployment is far-far-far more serious a problem than unemployment.
But how do you measure underemployment? While we can agree that someone with an MBA working as a fry cook at McDonald's is underemployed, what about someone with a Bachelor's of Fine Arts working as waitstaff? I'd argue that that's more the norm and therefore not underemployed. Or what about someone with an MBA who was convicted on drug charges and the best he can do with his record is a fry cook? Underemployed is simply too subjective to measure.

Don't they count "retired" folks in the underemployed stats though? I mean I've been mostly retired my whole life thus "unemployed" but it's not cause I'm poor heh

As I have said here and elsewhere for the past 8 years at least - UNDERemployment is far-far-far more serious a problem than unemployment.
But how do you measure underemployment? While we can agree that someone with an MBA working as a fry cook at McDonald's is underemployed, what about someone with a Bachelor's of Fine Arts working as waitstaff? I'd argue that that's more the norm and therefore not underemployed. Or what about someone with an MBA who was convicted on drug charges and the best he can do with his record is a fry cook? Underemployed is simply too subjective to measure.
I think what iamwhatiseem is talking about are those workers who hold multiple part-time jobs because they are unable to find suitable full-time employment for whatever reason.

Don't they count "retired" folks in the underemployed stats though? I mean I've been mostly retired my whole life thus "unemployed" but it's not cause I'm poor heh
No. Unemployed is defined as not working, being able to accept a job now if offered, and actively looked for work in the last four weeks. Otherwise you're "not in the labor force."

-Geaux
---------------------

The Food Stamp Capital of the U.S. is WHITE and REPUBLICAN

Damn lazy cross groveling cracka hicks, well that's the face of white southern "kulture", slack jawed and uneducated and ignorant as the day they were born
The Food Stamp Capital of the U.S. is WHITE and REPUBLICAN

-Geaux
---------------------

food stamps are the new measure of breadlines

For starters the article was dishonest as saying unemployment is LOW. anyone believe unemployment is at 4.9%-5% is being duped again. and Obamas legacy will not be one to be remembered as being a good President.

For starters the article was dishonest as saying unemployment is LOW. anyone believe unemployment is at 4.9%-5% is being duped again
Oh? Of those who are either working or are immediately available and currently actively looking for work, what percent are you claiming are not working if not 4.9% seasonally adjusted or 5.3% not seasonally adjusted?

OBama, Hillary and all the traitor progressives calling themselves, Democrats. has a plan they are following and you people who voted for him went and helped them with it. nothing like cutting our own throats.

OBama, Hillary and all the traitor progressives calling themselves, Democrats. has a plan they are following and you people who voted for him went and helped them with it. nothing like cutting our own throats.

Even if that's true, their plan is failing - Sander's has almost nothing heh

No. Unemployed is defined as not working, being able to accept a job now if offered, and actively looked for work in the last four weeks. Otherwise you're "not in the labor force."

Ah yea, I knew I'd ended up in some category I shouldn't be in. Beautifully makes it difficult to determine whom has "given up" on finding a job vs those of us who don't need to find a job.

Take it as a whole,no need to break it down to the individual.
If the majority of the jobs being created are low wage crap jobs then you're going to have more underemployed people.

-Geaux
---------------------

Seattle Underbelly Exposed as Homeless Camp Violence Flares
Seattle is booming with tech-driven economic growth, an envy of the nation in many regards. But a recent blood-drenched attack in the Jungle that left two people shot to death and three others wounded has thrown open a window onto a kind of parallel city hidden in the shadows under the highway, and sent a paroxysm of shock through people who had long looked the other way.
This is happening in a Liberal city, in a liberal state, with a liberal president in office and this has been barely reported until now. In Washington DC, more tent cities are popping up under bridges even next door to CNN where Wolf Blitkreg works. When the stupid vote, they vote stupidly and get what they deserve as elections have consequences. Problem is soon those stupid people start to infringe on the rest of US. Now after 7 years of Obamanomics and unaffordable healthcare act, We the people are going to have to come in and clean up the mess those liberals will have left US worse than when Der Fuhrer took over.

b23a10666602f0892f812f053bb1e717.jpg

-Geaux
---------------------

Seattle Underbelly Exposed as Homeless Camp Violence Flares
Seattle is booming with tech-driven economic growth, an envy of the nation in many regards. But a recent blood-drenched attack in the Jungle that left two people shot to death and three others wounded has thrown open a window onto a kind of parallel city hidden in the shadows under the highway, and sent a paroxysm of shock through people who had long looked the other way.
This is happening in a Liberal city, in a liberal state, with a liberal president in office and this has been barely reported until now. In Washington DC, more tent cities are popping up under bridges even next door to CNN where Wolf Blitkreg works. When the stupid vote, they vote stupidly and get what they deserve as elections have consequences. Problem is soon those stupid people start to infringe on the rest of US. Now after 7 years of Obamanomics and unaffordable healthcare act, We the people are going to have to come in and clean up the mess those liberals will have left US worse than when Der Fuhrer took over.

View attachment 65575
You think DC is a state?

Forum List

Back