Obama's right

How has "direct force" helped in Iraq?

It hasn't. They continue gaining ground because they can easily evade bombing sorties. You can spray a horde of cockroaches, they flee in all directions, but after a while, they regroup.

But hey, you just said the bombing campaigns are helping.

They are.

How has "direct force" helped in Iraq?

It hasn't. They continue gaining ground because they can easily evade bombing sorties. You can spray a horde of cockroaches, they flee in all directions, but after a while, they regroup.

But hey, you just said the bombing campaigns are helping.

They are.

Then why did you insist they were netting us no gains?

It's mired us down and cost how many lives and gained WHAT?

And just what has bombing them gained us? What has their barbarity cost us?

Very little.

Once more s l o w l y........ if you want muslim countries to lead why does he push out or destroy those able to do so......... exactly which muslim countries are left..... quit talking past it........ ... Egypt called for UN intervention...what happened to that....got zero coverage, why? this was the libs go to solution for everything and now nothing.

No, I'm asking you what freedom?

No I am asking you are you claiming that the Iraqi's have less freedoms now than they did under Saddam?

Dude, I asked you first.

And I answered it! So why repeat the question?

Are you claiming that the Iraqi's have less freedoms now than they did under Saddam?

You didn't answer it. You inserted what you thought I was saying.

What freedoms do Iraqi's have today that they lacked under Saddam?

Come to think of it - you never answered the initial question - are they better off?

Yes I did they have the ability to choose their leadership/government. Something they did not have before.

What ability do the Yazidi's have to choose their leadership/government?

What point is their in an "ability" to choose a government when corruption and cronyism have more to do with the choice than the people?

All you have are empty institutions accountable to none.

And what is the difference between that and Saddam?

If they did not fight for Saddam, Saddam would execute them. Can you show where any of the Iraqi military has been executed by the current government?

How many civilians have been executed in the sectarian conflicts following the overthrow of Saddam? And by the current leadership?

The Kurds have a voice in the government.

Sort of.

How is the government doing protecting them from ISIS?

Major steps even if those with the far left mindset can not see it.

Tell that to people like the Yazidi's.

Is it perfect? No, but then again the US system of government is not perfect either.

It's not perfect. It's FAR from perfect. It's a bloody, corrupt, sectarian mess that is now verging on a failed state and providing fodder for ISIS.

The middle east has always been a volatile region and the goal was to keep all the violence there so it did not spread to the US or it's allies. Obama is failing in that aspect..

No. The failure occurred with the first misbeggoten incursion into Iraq that set the whole ME spinning out of control.

Facts inconvenient ............ best we can hope is Egypt tells Obama to eff himself again and goes conquers Libya.

No. The failure occurred with the first misbeggoten incursion into Iraq that set the whole ME spinning out of control.

The entire ME was already out of control before we set one foot inside there. Saddam was gassing people and launching invasions into Kuwait, the Gaddafi regime was bombing Marine barracks, the list goes on and on.

But that is why other nations need to come in.

But just not us, right?

No. We can be part of it. But it needs to be Muslims leading it.

I'm sorry, but when ISIS takes the lives of American citizens, our role in this battle should equal or exceed that of Islam.

Do we go to war every time American citizens are killed in a foreign country?

Pearl Harbor comes to mind (68 civilians were killed in the attack). The Revolutionary War comes to mind (The Boston Massacre)... It sounds like you are getting increasingly upset. Egypt and Jordan didn't care about the implications, neither should we.

Many on the right want so desperately to use 'ISIS' against Obama as some sort of 'political weapon,' by contriving and propagating the lie that the president 'isn't doing enough' to combat the terrorist organization, that they don't even realize that what they advocate will result in the pointless deaths of American ground troops, as was the case with GWB's failed, illegal wars.

Many on the right want so desperately to use 'ISIS' against Obama as some sort of 'political weapon,' by contriving and propagating the lie that the president 'isn't doing enough' to combat the terrorist organization, that they don't even realize that what they advocate will result in the pointless deaths of American ground troops, as was the case with GWB's failed, illegal wars.
Obama isnt even attempting to do what he says or what you want.............

The problem with Apocolypses is that it is innocent people who are killed in the process.

Innocents are being killed, and will be killed without one.

I suggest you read up on the great Khan's and the Mongol conquests. ISIS is following those to a tee.

The innocent didn't make out to well then. They won't now. Unless this is stopped and stopped quickly.

C_Clayton said:
Many on the right want so desperately to use 'ISIS' against Obama as some sort of 'political weapon,'...

Well in fairness, obama did found ISIS, arm and equip them... making it the de facto founder of ISIS.

But that is pretty much what one would expect of the Anti-Christ... . My guess is that in fairly short order, for the first time in world history, an air-campaign will somehow require ISIS to enter negotiations with obama, who will 'resolve' the terrorism problem, etc, etc... .

This all pending on the accuracy of Revelations, which says that is how it will go down. It's been stunningly accurate this far, so I don't see any reason that w should expect that to change.

One last question:

How do you go about convincing the Middle East to come down on ISIS without American intervention? Imagine had we taken that approach to Germany and Japan in WWII.

They have a penchant for big parades of pick/ups packed bumper to bumper but we just cant seem to be in the area.......makes ya go hhhhmmmmmm

Forum List

Back