Obamas One Last "Fuck You" to American Voters; an Intercessional SCOTUS Appointment

That was clearly a bullshit EO and I was pleased when the courts slapped it down.

Well we are agreed on that then, but the quality/nature of some of Obama's EOs are way beyond any preceding President, in that the previous EOs were based on passed laws while Obama simply ignored laws that were passed or DEFEATED in Congress, and he treated them as law anyway.

Here are a few other examples of overreach of EO's:

Over-reach of existing laws, yes, but not law entirely invented from air, like Obama has done.

Executive Order 13233 from George W. Bush circumvented the Presidential Records Act.

Presidents sometimes have to address ambiguous issues of the laws they are to enforce and the fate of classified papers under the Records Act was one such ambiguity, it seems to me. I suppose heavy use of redaction was the better approach, but Bush had viable grounds for his implementation of that law. The courts made the right decision, IMO, but Bush was not just inventing law from thin air, once again.

George W. Bush also signed a secret Executive Order that expanded the use of domestic wiretapping without the need of approval from the courts.

That is a tricky and largely ambiguous law as well as it applied to phone record metadata, foreigners calling in to US citizens, and whether transmissions that leave US airspace are valid calls to intercept, etc. You could fill an encyclopedia on such issues.

Again, Bush was basing his actions on passed and signed LAWS, not just arbitrarily pulling what was in effect new law out of his nether regions.

Executive Order 9066 from FDR allowing internment camps of Japanese Americans.

FDR was using existing laws and historical norms for detaining suspicious persons or potential spies in a population to secure the nation in time of war. War time powers are hugely powerful and a sitting President is in effect a dictator who can command a great many things during war.

While I think that what FDR did in this particular case was unjust and overly harsh, he still had grounds to do it under martial laws.

hell even today in PEACE TIME Obama has the authority to have you forced to work for the government WITHOUT COMPENSATION; practically SLAVERY.

Sec. 502. Consultants. The head of each agency otherwise delegated functions under this order is delegated the authority of the President under sections 710(b) and (c) of the Act, 50 U.S.C. App. 2160(b), (c), to employ persons of outstanding experience and ability without compensation and to employ experts, consultants, or organizations. The authority delegated by this section may not be redelegated.​

Executive Order 10340 from Harry Truman seized private property during the Steel Strike.

Meh, Truman was outside of the law in the specifics of what he did, but he could have done essentially the same thing under different laws and procedures.

Within minutes of the Court's ruling, Truman ordered Commerce Secretary Charles Sawyer to return the steel mills to their owners. Sawyer did so immediately. The Steelworkers went out on strike again shortly thereafter. The strike lasted for more than fifty days until the President threatened to use the somewhat cumbersome procedures under the Selective Service Act to seize the mills.

Truman was stunned by the decision, which he continued to attack years later in his Memoirs. Justice Black was concerned enough that Truman would take the decision personally that he invited Truman and his fellow Justices to a party at his home. Truman, still smarting from the defeat, was mollified somewhat by Black's hospitality; as he told Black, "Hugo, I don't much care for your law, but, by golly, this bourbon is good".​

Again, not the same thing as what Obama did by simply designating entire categories of people as being above and outside of the affect of our immigration laws.

He needed a law to execute and he had none at all.

The idea that Obama is 'ruling us by EO's is just hyper-partisan bullshit. The same people crying over Obama's usage of EO's will be cheering when Trump does the very same. The other side of the coin will piss and moan. It's always (d)iffe(r)ent to the blind partisans. Meh.

No, not the same thing at all as Trump is not even in office yet.

This seems to be a granularity in the law you have no appreciation of.

But the President must enforce existing laws. He can prioritize, but he cannot simply categorically choose to not enforce the law regarding entire populations.

Guess you've never heard of Carla Bruni either. Oh well. Not a very worldly poster are you...
You would want a young woman you care about to imitate the new First Lady?

When they make the kind of money that a top flight model can make I say more power to them. I gave up being a prude many, many years ago.

President Donald Trump. First Lady Malania Trump. Say it again.
LOL can't even spell her name correctly.

I guess it's because of her raunchy nudes up on your wall
You are just butt hurt that the orc will be gone. Whatever will the nation do without a ugly first ho and two drugged up pickaninnies?

We may never live it down. For the first time in 8 years the president's wife won't have to shave her back.
Has anyone EVER seen any photo of 'MO' when she was pregnant?
Usually an expectant mother MAKES SURE she has photos of herself then.
Neither of the girls look remotely like either of the Obamas.

The vacancy Garland would leave would royally fuck the DEMs.
Everyone do some reasearch in it.

There's a clearly defined process in the Constitution for nominating SCOTUS. I thought Obama was a "Constitutional scholar"...or something

There's a clearly defined process in the Constitution for nominating SCOTUS. I thought Obama was a "Constitutional scholar"...or something

Obama has been brainwashed by Chicago. In 17 days Obama will be out and the days seem like they are crawling.

You are just butt hurt that the orc will be gone. Whatever will the nation do without a ugly first ho and two drugged up pickaninnies?

We may never live it down. For the first time in 8 years the president's wife won't have to shave her back.
Black women seldom have the same baby daddy for more than one child. Two children, two baby daddys.

Black women seldom have the same baby daddy for more than one child. Two children, two baby daddys.
Racist idiots seldom say anything that would give the impression that they have measurable IQs. It makes them feel good I suppose. Got any other pearls of wisdom drunkenpuss?

Good. I hope President Obama kicks you traitorous bastards in the nuts every chance he gets, until 20Jan17, and thereafter, for a matter of fact.

Lol, you leftwing hooligans are the only traitors here, fagot.

I've noticed that they're getting nastier all the time because of their loss. Not that they had much class to begin with.

Racist idiots seldom say anything that would give the impression that they have measurable IQs. It makes them feel good I suppose. Got any other pearls of wisdom drunkenpuss?
I will have to think of something else that pleases me. The oldest obama slut is in rehab. Does that help?

Another Jimmy thread that crashes and burns under the weight of the lies.

We can put this thread in the same category as the ones predicting Obama's FEMA camps and the Black Hawk helicopters coming for all of your guns.

Obama has zero respect for the Will of the American People, who voted against a third Obama term via the Hillary Clinton surrogacy. But that doesnt matter one whit to this witless oaf; he will do everything he can to damage Trump, damage America and kiss the collective asses of his Marxist supporters.

This degenerate should have been impeached five years ago.

Obama could still force Merrick Garland onto Supreme Court during ‘intersession recess’

Mr. Obama’s moment will come just before noon, in the five minutes that the Senate gavels the 114th Congress out of session and the time the 115th Congress begins.

In those few moments the Senate will go into what’s known as an “intersession recess,” creating one golden moment when the president could test his recess-appointment powers by sending Judge Garland to the high court.​
damn.....that would be great

What a final "fuck you" to Republicans

Let the 5-4 liberal court decide the case

Merrick Garland is a racist who is too selfish to give up his judgeship so the black man can flip off republicans.

Forum List

Back