Obama's: Go for it = Bring it on?

You can't dismiss a section of the constitution that authorizes this just because you don't think that it does. Besides, if enough people can't afford healthcare, it does endanger the general welfare of the nation.

The general welfare clause can be (and has been) invoked anytime any single thing that endangers the financial health of the system. (And yes, I'm aware of the deficit/debt).

If t has been determined that the costs of health insurance will bankrupt the govern
And the health care crisis is because of TOO MUCH government regulation and involvement, NOT TOO LITTLE or ZERO involvement.

Before Obama signed on the dotted line, our government was already involved in health care in at least 50% of it. This expansion of involvement will only guarantee worse results.

Let's imagine that there was no medicare, no medicaid, no VA, no CHIPs program. That would be tens of millions on top of the 30 million w/ no healthcare insurance. In this fantasy world, if the provision that requires hospitals to treat indigents, imagine how much your healthcare premiums would be.

I swear, some of you act as if you don't know that insurance is a pretty much a chain letter/ponzi scheme.

And you believe that this bill will bring down those costs?

I don't think so.

it appears so, but it is not like he is invitng more terrorism or something.

don't try and compare this to Bush's bring em on rhetoric.

same arrogance, no? same unwillingness to talk, no?

Talk about what? Joining the Republicans to repeal a bill he just signed?

Is there not NOT ONE RIGHTWING NUT on this board who understands the consequences of elections? ...and more importantly, can exhibit an iota of dignity about dealing with those consequences?

Elections dont give politicians permission to ignore our laws.

Is there not NOT ONE RIGHTWING NUT on this board who understands the consequences of elections? ...and more importantly, can exhibit an iota of dignity about dealing with those consequences?

What was the level of dignity when Dems lost the Mass. Senate seat? Your understanding of that election was (is) very poor as well.

Last edited:
And the health care crisis is because of TOO MUCH government regulation and involvement, NOT TOO LITTLE or ZERO involvement.

Before Obama signed on the dotted line, our government was already involved in health care in at least 50% of it. This expansion of involvement will only guarantee worse results.

Oh, but wait, I thought we had the best healthcare in the world! before this bill?

So if the government fucks up everything, and it was involved in at least 50% of healthcare, how did we have the best healthcare in the world until now?

And now this little additional push is going to destroy everything? Face it, a trillion over 10 years is not that much. The pentagon spends that in 2.

Oh, but wait, I thought we had the best healthcare in the world! before this bill?

So if the government fucks up everything, and it was involved in at least 50% of healthcare, how did we have the best healthcare in the world until now?

And now this little additional push is going to destroy everything? Face it, a trillion over 10 years is not that much. The pentagon spends that in 2.

I simply cannot hope to reason with someone who can type this. If you cave in to the logic of a trillion as no big deal, you have already lost.

I simply cannot hope to reason with someone who can type this. If you cave in to the logic of a trillion as no big deal, you have already lost.

A trillion to help Americans for 10 years? $100B per year?

The appropriation for Iraq last year was more than that! Not the military budget, just the additional "War on terror" appropriation! And that money GONE son, evaporated!

The appropriation for Iraq last year was more than that! Not the military budget, just the additional "War on terror" appropriation! And that money GONE son, evaporated!
Freedom cannot be bought, least of all with wooden nickels.

so tell me .....when things weren't going your way for 8 years did you just sit there and say nothing and say...oh well elections have consequences.....

That didn't make any sense. Who's talking about buying freedom? We're talking about what role the government should play in healthcare. What's most efficient, what makes sense, etc.

The government is just an aggregate of us after all, right? So there is no "They," there's just us, helping ourselves and each other...

Of course there are those of us who think "They" [we] shouldn't be involved at all, regardless of whether it makes sense or not. I assume you are one such person.

so tell me .....when things weren't going your way for 8 years did you just sit there and say nothing and say...oh well elections have consequences.....

Accepting that elections have consequenses doesn't mean shutting up nor does it mean not taking any action. It does mean not doing things like vandalizing lawmakers' offices and homes. I challenge anyone on here to show that this happened as much during the last POTUS's time in office as it's been happening in just last year since this one took office.

That didn't make any sense. Who's talking about buying freedom? We're talking about what role the government should play in healthcare. What's most efficient, what makes sense, etc.

The government is just an aggregate of us after all, right? So there is no "They," there's just us, helping ourselves and each other...

Of course there are those of us who think "They" [we] shouldn't be involved at all, regardless of whether it makes sense or not. I assume you are one such person.
Most Americans view this bill as an infringement on our freedoms. Freedoms granted to us. Those freedoms cannot be bought with wooden nickels.

Now, as you don't seem to get the point, not all is bought with dollars and wooden nickels is a metaphor. :rolleyes:

Most Americans view this bill as an infringement on our freedoms. Freedoms granted to us. Those freedoms cannot be bought with wooden nickels.

Now, as you don't seem to get the point, not all is bought with dollars and wooden nickels is a metaphor. :rolleyes:

You're mistaken. It's not most, it's some. Of those some, many are just going from the lies they've heard in the RW echo chamber. Actually, more than half have always wanted "This or more." Public option, for example, has seen consistent positive poll results.

Not everyone is into politics the way we are. As people realize there's no death panels, no rationed care, and your new doctor is not going to be Mussolini, the polls will surge, or at the very least this new system will be accepted.

You're mistaken. It's not most, it's some. Of those some, many are just going from the lies they've heard in the RW echo chamber. ....
Perhaps you are one of those rare delusionals who believes he has the ability to read the minds of others. I'm not so talented, so I look at the polls. Most Americans did not want this.

You're mistaken. It's not most, it's some. Of those some, many are just going from the lies they've heard in the RW echo chamber. ....
Perhaps you are one of those rare delusionals who believes he has the ability to read the minds of others. I'm not so talented, so I look at the polls. Most Americans did not want this.

No, about 40% wanted it, 25% wanted more government involvement, 25% thought it went too far, and 10% undecided.

These fools keep repeating the same PROVEN LIE of a meme..."Most American's don't like the bill", "most Americans think...", "most Americans feel..." They really are a bunch of cowards...can't stand on their own merits, just like bullies and gangsters..."me and my boys will..."

Wrong and dead wrong, yet attempting to be strong.

WoW!! These people are truly amazing.

Forum List

Back