Obama's Failing Economy- U.S. productivity sinks 3% in Fourth Quarter

Only if you wing-nuts stop blaming Pelosi and Reid for Bush's trashing the economy in 2007.
Bush warned of the coming crash Reid, Pelosi, and Frank said he was crazy.
You're an imbecile...

CNN.com - FBI warns of mortgage fraud 'epidemic' - Sep 17, 2004
And in 2006 Bush did the same.

"America is a stronger country every single time a family moves into a home of their own," he said in October 2004. To achieve his vision, Bush pushed new policies encouraging homeownership, like the "zero-down-payment initiative," which was much as it sounds—a government-sponsored program that allowed people to get mortgages without a down payment. More exotic mortgages followed, including ones with no monthly payments for the first two years. Other mortgages required no documentation other than the say-so of the borrower. Absurd though these all were, they paled in comparison to the financial innovations that grew out of the mortgages—derivatives built on other derivatives, packaged and repackaged until no one could identify what they contained and how much they were, in fact, worth.
http://www.newsweek.com/so-much-bushs-ownership-society-92163
Yes and that was a fault of his, but he did see the error of this policy, and warned about it in 2006.

I bring citations......you bring Bold Assertions.....

Anyone else noticing a pattern here with the left?

We have accepted and admitted that the republicans played a role in the crash despite the left pretending we haven't. Yet not one single person from the left will admit that their congress critters played a role in it as well.
It is true that the GOP dropped the ball when a full court press was needed. It is equally true that the left did NOTHING to try to stop the impending disaster. In the words of Barney Frank, "Freddie & Fannie are as solid as ever"
He was CLEARLY wrong and the GOP was right. The GOP tried & failed, the left just sat idly by and watched it happen.

You keep returning to your vomit for another lick.......the GSEs played an entirely marginal role in the crisis....

I did, because he didn't veto any of the bullshit the Democrats did when they took both houses.
As for my appearance, you would wish I was queer. To bad though I'm straight.

Don't see me having to advertise........
I don't either you brought it up.
Have you seen your avatar?
What? Just saying I'm straight. Anything wrong with that? Most queers want you to know they are queer.

It looks like you are trying to remind yourself....
You're the one obsessed about it, not me.

You're an imbecile...

"America is a stronger country every single time a family moves into a home of their own," he said in October 2004. To achieve his vision, Bush pushed new policies encouraging homeownership, like the "zero-down-payment initiative," which was much as it sounds—a government-sponsored program that allowed people to get mortgages without a down payment. More exotic mortgages followed, including ones with no monthly payments for the first two years. Other mortgages required no documentation other than the say-so of the borrower. Absurd though these all were, they paled in comparison to the financial innovations that grew out of the mortgages—derivatives built on other derivatives, packaged and repackaged until no one could identify what they contained and how much they were, in fact, worth.
Yes and that was a fault of his, but he did see the error of this policy, and warned about it in 2006.

For every "citation" (opinion piece) you bring there is an opposing one. I have no interest in playing pin the tail on the DONKEY with you.

We have accepted and admitted that the republicans played a role in the crash despite the left pretending we haven't. Yet not one single person from the left will admit that their congress critters played a role in it as well.
It is true that the GOP dropped the ball when a full court press was needed. It is equally true that the left did NOTHING to try to stop the impending disaster. In the words of Barney Frank, "Freddie & Fannie are as solid as ever"
He was CLEARLY wrong and the GOP was right. The GOP tried & failed, the left just sat idly by and watched it happen.

You keep returning to your vomit for another lick.......the GSEs played an entirely marginal role in the crisis....
Not the GSEs you dumbass. The policy behind them.

It's like teaching a child how to stack Legos in this thread.

You're an imbecile...

Oh my fault, it was October 9, 2008 that Bush warned of the up coming housing bubble burst. The democrats, who controlled both houses ignored him.

That is an one-sided and false portrayal of the entire economy as you well know.

Fallacy of Incomplete Evidence.

It kind of matches up with a lot of other evidence out there. I know CNN and the government won't report on the true situation but they got a president to protect from the evil right wingers.
That is only your opinion, which does not count. Let's see the evidence.

Yet as usual, you provide no evidence other than your gasbag bloviating and Obama fluffing.
Why should I when the affirmative is posting only opinion and no evidence. It's his obligation.

Oh my fault, it was October 9, 2008 that Bush warned of the up coming housing bubble burst. The democrats, who controlled both houses ignored him.
Congress had been ignoring it for a decade. Who was in charge from 1994 to 2006?

Don't see me having to advertise........
What? Just saying I'm straight. Anything wrong with that? Most queers want you to know they are queer.

With my manifest tonsorial and sartorial charms I have no need for a label...

You, on the other hand...

Just sayin'

For every "citation" (opinion piece) you bring there is an opposing one. I have no interest in playing pin the tail on the DONKEY with you.

Uh...those are recitations of facts, not opinion pieces...

But I'll commence the countdown to your inevitable link to something from FOX....oh, wait......what's that?

Done?

Who saw THAT coming, eh?

The "up coming housing bubble burst"?

Where do they fucking find you people?

3hYZr8U.png

Not the GSEs you dumbass. The policy behind them.

It's like teaching a child how to stack Legos in this thread.

Put your hands up and back away from that trowel, Gramps....

Congress had been ignoring it for a decade. Who was in charge from 1994 to 2006?

With my manifest tonsorial and sartorial charms I have no need for a label...

You, on the other hand...

Just sayin'
Like I said you are the one that brought it up. I could care less you are queer.

Clinton was president and was the one that brought back Carter's idea that everyone should own a home. Bush warned of it as early as 2001.

Baloney!
The Bush Depression began Dec 2007.

On 31 July 2007, after the Democrats obtained control of the Congress in the November 2006 election, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi introduced HR 3221, a "bill to provide needed housing reform and for other purposes." Among other things, the bill granted the newly formed Federal Housing Finance Agency "supervisory and regulatory authority over Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, and the federal home loan banks (enterprises)."
Pelosi's bill became Public Law 110-140 on 30 July 2008.

Baloney!
The Bush Depression began Dec 2007.

On 31 July 2007, after the Democrats obtained control of the Congress in the November 2006 election, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi introduced HR 3221, a "bill to provide needed housing reform and for other purposes." Among other things, the bill granted the newly formed Federal Housing Finance Agency "supervisory and regulatory authority over Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, and the federal home loan banks (enterprises)."
Pelosi's bill became Public Law 110-140 on 30 July 2008.

Did a lot of good.. it all immediately fell apart. You libs amaze me.

:lmao:

Clinton was president and was the one that brought back Carter's idea that everyone should own a home.
Typical blaming Clinton and Carter for what Bush did.
President Hosts Conference on Minority Homeownership

President Hosts Conference on Minority Homeownership
George Washington University
Washington, D.C.
10/2002/1:55 P.M. EDT

THE PRESIDENT: Thank you, all. Thanks, for coming. Well, thanks for the warm welcome. Thank you for being here today. I appreciate your attendance to this very important conference. You see, we want everybody in America to own their own home. That's what we want. This is -- an ownership society is a compassionate society.
More and more people own their homes in America today. Two-thirds of all Americans own their homes, yet we have a problem here in America because few than half of the Hispanics and half the African Americans own the home. That's a homeownership gap. It's a -- it's a gap that we've got to work together to close for the good of our country, for the sake of a more hopeful future. We've got to work to knock down the barriers that have created a homeownership gap.
I set an ambitious goal. It's one that I believe we can achieve. It's a clear goal, that by the end of this decade we'll increase the number of minority homeowners by at least 5.5 million families. (Applause.)

Last edited:

Forum List

Back