Obama's Failing Economy- U.S. productivity sinks 3% in Fourth Quarter

Wow- -3%. Obama and the economy are not in sync. Obama's economy is terrible and failing

-Geaux
==============

U.S. productivity sinks 3% in fourth quarter

WASHINGTON (MarketWatch) — The productivity of U.S. businesses fell at a 3% annual pace in the fourth quarter, marking the biggest decline since the start of 2014.

Weak productivity growth has been a hallmark of the nearly seven-year-old economic recovery. Productivity increased just 0.6% in 2015, less than one-third the post World War Two average.

U.S. productivity sinks 3% in fourth quarter
I was drunk and cold, ok. I've picked it up since the New Year, and spring's around the corner. If I can just get past this last football game.

Seasonal and part time don't count as "better".

For one thing... Once the snow melts at the ski resorts they will all be laid off...and in line at unemployment.

Talk to me when construction, mining and the rest of the energy sector comes back.
All of that is merely your opinion. You are making assertions that you can't support. This is what I mean about cred. You are some outliers but in no way are the examples of systemic problems. Do you want the economy to collapse?

That is an one-sided and false portrayal of the entire economy as you well know. Fallacy of Incomplete Evidence.
Does this mean we get a pass when it comes to the real UE rate?-Geaux
You already have been rebutted many times, so your comments here are for grins and giggles only.
Actually my comments here are factual. Obama hates America thus I hate him. -Geaux
Your feelings are not facts. We are dealing from the far right only with some fairly unimportant negative figures and your unfounded suggestion that the president hates America. I think he certainly dislikes the far right's vision of America.

It is disappointing.

103362861-GettyImages-500344496.530x298.jpg

Michael Nagle | Bloomberg | Getty Images
A contractor uses a jackhammer during construction at a Toll Brothers housing development in Rye Brook, New York.

This is a breaking news story. Please check back for further updates.

The U.S. economy created just 151,000 jobs in January amid multiple other signs that growth is slowing, though the unemployment rate fell to 4.9 percent.

Amid volatile financial markets and signs of contraction in manufacturing and corporate profits, the job engine slowed as well.

The report comes a month after the Federal Reserve enacted its first interest rate hike in nine years and as Wall Street speculation intensifies over what the central bank might do in the future. Fed officials have indicated a desire to hike rates as much as four times in 2016, though market expectations are for fewer or even no moves.

The U.S. was expected to create 190,000 jobs in January, compared with the 292,000 jobs reported a month earlier.

Get the market reaction here.

Jeff Cox
Finance Editor

Just took a look at the big jobs winner CA.

All big gains were in the high paying sector. Scientific and Technical.

Moderate government employment and health services.

Little to no growth in manufacturing and construction. With projections showing same through 2018.

Expect broad layoffs in the farm and agricultural industry in 2016.

And I was correct about Florida

# 1 in job gains. Tourism.

# 2 agriculture

#3 Space and technology.

Report also states unemployment figures decreased due to non participation.

Here is some interesting info on NY.

Currently high gains in employment in:

Housing
Tourism/ Hotel industry
Education
Healthcare

Little to no growth in financial jobs.

JP Morgan, Chase and Goldman Sachs all going through financial struggles.

Look for possible recession in 2016.

Texas

Job growth is related to:

Education
Health and social assistance services
Leisure/Tourism
Food services
Trade
Utilities
Retail

Broad layoffs in

Logging,mining, gas,oil,manufacturing total of ...35,800 jobs.

Construction eeked by unchanged.

(I particularly like the job growth in social assistance jobs.)

And I was correct about Florida

# 1 in job gains. Tourism.

# 2 agriculture

#3 Space and technology.

Report also states unemployment figures decreased due to non participation.

Which compares how, exactly, with the states primary industries?

Forum List

Back