Obamacare Already Rationing Pre-Existing Conditions Coverage

Well Greenie.

I must say I admire your absolute belief that the ACA is going to be great. Its going to be cheaper and better.

I just can't believe that you really believe this. Nothing the Govt has ever done has been cheaper or better. Its a mass of red tape, paperwork and flat out bullshit.

I hope your right my friend but I seriously, seriously doubt it.

The morons who passed the bill didn't even read it. The only way the SC would approve it was as a TAX.

Yup. Should be cheaper and better. NOT.

Medicare.

Next.

Well Greenie.

I must say I admire your absolute belief that the ACA is going to be great. Its going to be cheaper and better.

I just can't believe that you really believe this. Nothing the Govt has ever done has been cheaper or better. Its a mass of red tape, paperwork and flat out bullshit.

I hope your right my friend but I seriously, seriously doubt it.

The morons who passed the bill didn't even read it. The only way the SC would approve it was as a TAX.

Yup. Should be cheaper and better. NOT.

Medicare.

Next.

Oh. You mean all the fraud, theft, paperwork up the ass and the fact that loads of doctors won't even take it anymore??

Next.

Remind the board...what day is it that you pull your head out of your ass? It's obviously not Mondays.

Fact Check had to really play around with mostly 2010 studies to tamp down the headline from CNS. But even more to the point they at least admit that its not false.

What "studies"? I'm talking about the actual premiums, which have been trickling out over the past four weeks (which makes digging up discredited bullshit from CNS all the more inexplicable at this point). In California and Oregon, the plan in question will cost less than $10,000. In tiny, uber-blue Vermont, with its limited number of insurers and stricter rating rules than the federal standard, it will be around $11,600.
A far cry from your made-up $20,000.
I am still waiting for a liberal to explain why Congress and the IRS employees union are wanting to exempt themselves from Obamacare. Anyone care to chime in and defend this?

Why don't you get back to us if that ever actually happens?

That's not the point and you know it.

No, that's exactly the point--segmenting the sick off into high-risk pools that are given some fixed allotment of money isn't particularly effective. It never has been.

It's wonderful that the 115,000 people getting coverage through these PCIPs today have access to something where previously there was nothing for them. And I suppose it's nice that the pools' $5 billion in total funding will actually last until the end of this year, instead of being exhausted in 2011 as the CMS Actuary predicted when the law passed. But it's not a solution, it's a bone that was thrown to them while the real entree, the new marketplaces, were being set up. That time is almost here.

Hey Mr. Mouth, post your proof. Fact Check did not deny the number CNS reported. But since you have such a solid source as to come off as the board expert on actual costs, then certainly you can prove it?

Problem being the IRS is going to be handling all of this mess and I don't think anyone trusts them anymore.

There are many who will always trust and apologize for the federal government and its agencies, no matter what. Not unlike the abused wife who tragically does the same for her husband. The more centralized and authoritarian the federal bureaucracy becomes, the better in their eyes.

The more centralized the bureaucracy becomes, the plight of americans continues its plunge into the abyss until there is no more .

Hey Mr. Mouth, post your proof. Fact Check did not deny the number CNS reported. But since you have such a solid source as to come off as the board expert on actual costs, then certainly you can prove it?

Real live examples from three deep blue hellscapes:

Under California's exchange rates (see pg. 31), a middle-aged individual can expect to pay $219/month for the cheapest bronze plan (a 21-year-old would get it for $172/month) or about $2,600 per year. The cost of that plan for a family isn't listed but since coverage for a family costs about 2.5-3 times what it costs for an individual, it's virtually inconceivable that the cheapest bronze plan for a family in California will cost more than $10,000 (and probably not even that much).

Oregon has a range of rates filed for bronze plans--some as low as $169 for a middle aged person and most hovering around the low $200s per month. Again, it's not hard to extrapolate from that the cost of the corresponding family plan. Once more it's below $10,000 per year.

Vermont is a state with limited competition due to its size and a regulatory climate well above anything imposed by the ACA so you can immediately see that its individual bronze plans are a little more expensive than California's or Oregon's: the cheapest bronze plan for an individual is an MVP offering for $346.08/month. That plan also happens to be the cheapest plan for families. As I said, family plans tend to cost about 2.5-3 times what the plan costs for a single person and this one is no different--the family version of that plan costs 2.8 times as much, $972.48/month. That's $11,600 odd dollars a year for the cheapest bronze plan in a relatively uncompetitive and relatively more regulated market than most.

Even in the most expensive, quintessentially uber-regulated blue state--Vermont!--the premium for the cheapest bronze plan is only a little more than half what that CNS article falsely suggested it would be.

That's not the point and you know it.

No, that's exactly the point--segmenting the sick off into high-risk pools that are given some fixed allotment of money isn't particularly effective. It never has been.

It's wonderful that the 115,000 people getting coverage through these PCIPs today have access to something where previously there was nothing for them. And I suppose it's nice that the pools' $5 billion in total funding will actually last until the end of this year, instead of being exhausted in 2011 as the CMS Actuary predicted when the law passed. But it's not a solution, it's a bone that was thrown to them while the real entree, the new marketplaces, were being set up. That time is almost here.

You are making excuses. This program was suppose to be funded through 2013. How many people has that left blowing in the wind? How about the premiums and deductibles that shot up?

Just for your edification this is not a partisan issue for me.
It's how I earn my bread and butter.

You are making excuses. This program was suppose to be funded through 2013.

...it is funded through 2013. That was the point of freezing new enrollments. In fact, Congress explicitly told HHS in the law that it was only getting $5 billion for the PCIPs and had the authority to freeze enrollment if necessary to stretch the money out to the launch of the exchanges and the Medicaid expansion. And here we are.

How many people has that left blowing in the wind? How about the premiums and deductibles that shot up?

Probably quite a few. High-risk pools never have enough money to help all those who need them.

Starting in a few months, that won't matter anymore. Those folks get to enter the real insurance market starting in October and they can choose any plan they like that suits their needs.

Sorry Greenie, but Obamacare does little Obama himself promised.

He said it wouldn't cost one dime more.

He said it would lower premiums and he also said that we would all be able to keep our current programs.

Problem is many people will be forced out of their current programs because of the simple fact that a 140% increase in costs will make it unaffordable. Thus the "Affordable Health Care Act" is a misnomer if not a bold-faced lie.

MassCare and costs Greenie has linked to prove you are brainwashed. Already bending cost curve down, and all Pub horrors are total BS. End of story.

If you want to stay healthy stop drinking the Obamacare KoolAid

IRS: Cheapest Obamacare Plan Will Be $20,000 Per Family

IRS: Cheapest Obamacare Plan Will Be $20,000 Per Family | CNS News

This isn't January anymore; the actual rates for next year are now available in multiple states. Surprise! They're less than half what CNS falsely suggested they'd be.

Less than half?

Is that supposed to make me feel better?
How much is that? $9k?

Divide that by twelve and tell me how much per month will be added to my household budget.
:eusa_hand:

$750 is a house payment

You are making excuses. This program was suppose to be funded through 2013.
...it is funded through 2013. That was the point of freezing new enrollments. In fact, Congress explicitly told HHS in the law that it was only getting $5 billion for the PCIPs and had the authority to freeze enrollment if necessary to stretch the money out to the launch of the exchanges and the Medicaid expansion. And here we are.

It is not funded for those who are still in need of this stop-gap measure which was promised when ACA was signed into law.
Additionally, premiums, deductibles and OPE have doubled or more because of this failed program. The promise was a 'selling' point to those uniformed.
As for Congress, they failed also.

“This year, tens of thousands of uninsured Americans with preexisting conditions, the parents of children who have a preexisting condition, will finally be able to purchase the coverage they need. That happens this year,” said Obama when he signed the Affordable Care Act into law on Mar. 23, 2010.
GAO: HHS Already Rationing Enrollment in Obamacare?s Pre-Existing Condition Plan | CNS News

MeBelle60 said:
How many people has that left blowing in the wind? How about the premiums and deductibles that shot up?

Greenbeard said:
Probably quite a few. High-risk pools never have enough money to help all those who need them.

How heartless, condescending, out of touch, and in denial of those in need, can you be?
The failed 'promise'...no, I'll call it what it is...the LIE perpetuated in order to pass ACA should have been funded, period. Your 'High-risk' pool statement is BS and you know it!

Greenbeard said:
Starting in a few months, that won't matter anymore. Those folks get to enter the real insurance market starting in October and they can choose any plan they like that suits their needs.

It will certainly matter to those folks who have been lied to, bankrupted, prevented from enrolling in this program or even passed away.
What a nonchalant and DGaF attitude you have!!
Shame on you!

Continue to bear in mind you are not posting to a rookie here.
I AM in the trenches. I see patient suffering because of ACA. I know many medical facilities who were gung-ho, merely a few short months ago, with plans of expansion for high risk patients. ALL of them have put the brakes on serving those in need and are waiting it out, at the minimum, until 4/2014, waiting for the next shoe to drop.

This isn't January anymore; the actual rates for next year are now available in multiple states. Surprise! They're less than half what CNS falsely suggested they'd be.

Still makes Obama out to be a liar. He said during the campaign that families would get a $2500 cut in insurance premiums with Obamacare. Instead everyone's premiums are going up. You're saying that premiums just won't go up as much as critics claim. That's no consolation. Especially when most of these families already have frozen or dropping income earnings and higher expenses everywhere else. Higher energy bills. Higher grocery bills. Higher everything.

Last edited:

Less than half?

Is that supposed to make me feel better?
How much is that? $9k?

Divide that by twelve and tell me how much per month will be added to my household budget.
:eusa_hand:

$750 is a house payment

Right now I'm paying $150 a month. So I can expect to have to pay $750?

Real live examples from three deep blue hellscapes:

Under California's exchange rates (see pg. 31), a middle-aged individual can expect to pay $219/month for the cheapest bronze plan (a 21-year-old would get it for $172/month) or about $2,600 per year. The cost of that plan for a family isn't listed but since coverage for a family costs about 2.5-3 times what it costs for an individual, it's virtually inconceivable that the cheapest bronze plan for a family in California will cost more than $10,000 (and probably not even that much).

Oregon has a range of rates filed for bronze plans--some as low as $169 for a middle aged person and most hovering around the low $200s per month. Again, it's not hard to extrapolate from that the cost of the corresponding family plan. Once more it's below $10,000 per year.

Vermont is a state with limited competition due to its size and a regulatory climate well above anything imposed by the ACA so you can immediately see that its individual bronze plans are a little more expensive than California's or Oregon's: the cheapest bronze plan for an individual is an MVP offering for $346.08/month. That plan also happens to be the cheapest plan for families. As I said, family plans tend to cost about 2.5-3 times what the plan costs for a single person and this one is no different--the family version of that plan costs 2.8 times as much, $972.48/month. That's $11,600 odd dollars a year for the cheapest bronze plan in a relatively uncompetitive and relatively more regulated market than most.

Even in the most expensive, quintessentially uber-regulated blue state--Vermont!--the premium for the cheapest bronze plan is only a little more than half what that CNS article falsely suggested it would be.

California's cheapest plan is 109.00 per month.

Rachael Maddow told me so on her show last night. She debunks all the lies about Obama's great healthcare plans.

This isn't 2008 anymore. And oh look, that's what the IRS *gasp* said, not what CNS said.

Read the freaking PDF.

http://www.irs.gov/PUP/newsroom/REG-148500-12 FR.pdf

Last edited:
Education for lying opponents of obamacare.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsW0l139JD0]Obama Clearly Explains "Obamacare" - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back