Obamacare Already Rationing Pre-Existing Conditions Coverage

Clementine

Platinum Member
Dec 18, 2011
Even though Obamacare isn't fully implemented, serious problems are already arising. We knew early on that the cost was astronomical. If you like your current doctor, too bad, because it's likely you'll have to switch and be put on a waiting list besides. Premuims are going way up for everyone, especially the young ones.

Now, those with preexisting conditions are going to see rationing and higher rates. All the fancy promises Obama made about health care reform are proving to be nothing but lies. The reality will be nothing like the promises. There is a reason why Congress and the IRS employee union want to exempt themselves from this disaster. None of the liberals are brave enough to discuss why the people who passed this shit and the people who will enforce it have decided it's not good enough for them. The IRS knows what they will put us through with real time access to our bank accounts and the fines, er taxes, they'll impose on people and the personal information they will be privy to. They want no part of it. Congress bitched about the cost.

How can any liberal defend this when congress and the IRS oppose themselves being forced into Obamacare? They think it's fine for us little peons, but not for them.

A pre-existing condition health insurance program established by Obamacare is already straining its own budget and, to control costs, the administration’s Health and Human Services Department (HHS) has stopped enrolling any new people in the program, according to an audit by the General Accountability Office (GAO).

In addition, to further control spending, HHS has directed the program to shift more of the costs onto the current enrollees, thus raising the out-of-pocket health care expenses for the people with pre-existing conditions.

Obamacare Already Rationing Pre-Existing Conditions Coverage | Independent Journal Review

Even though Obamacare isn't fully implemented, serious problems are already arising. We knew early on that the cost was astronomical. If you like your current doctor, too bad, because it's likely you'll have to switch and be put on a waiting list besides. Premuims are going way up for everyone, especially the young ones.

Now, those with preexisting conditions are going to see rationing and higher rates. All the fancy promises Obama made about health care reform are proving to be nothing but lies. The reality will be nothing like the promises. There is a reason why Congress and the IRS employee union want to exempt themselves from this disaster. None of the liberals are brave enough to discuss why the people who passed this shit and the people who will enforce it have decided it's not good enough for them. The IRS knows what they will put us through with real time access to our bank accounts and the fines, er taxes, they'll impose on people and the personal information they will be privy to. They want no part of it. Congress bitched about the cost.

How can any liberal defend this when congress and the IRS oppose themselves being forced into Obamacare? They think it's fine for us little peons, but not for them.

A pre-existing condition health insurance program established by Obamacare is already straining its own budget and, to control costs, the administration’s Health and Human Services Department (HHS) has stopped enrolling any new people in the program, according to an audit by the General Accountability Office (GAO).

In addition, to further control spending, HHS has directed the program to shift more of the costs onto the current enrollees, thus raising the out-of-pocket health care expenses for the people with pre-existing conditions.

Obamacare Already Rationing Pre-Existing Conditions Coverage | Independent Journal Review

Here is the deal. Currently, if you are healthy, and I mean there is nothing at all wrong with you, you can purchase a relatively cheap private health insurance policy. The thing is, if you get sick, the insurance company will try their hardest to find a way to get rid of you. Private insurance plans are unique, because they can deny all but the absolute healthiest of people. So for those who will be forced to purchase on the exchange, rates will go up, because now they will be covering everyone.

In talking to my insurance agent, he suggested I keep my kids on their current plans, because those plans will be grandfathered in and they will be able to keep them, which may mean cheaper rates for them in the long run. What you are looking at here is a case of new entrants who will have to purchase through the exchange paying more than they would if they were already insured. The one thing that they fail to mention though, is that rates on the exchange will not be any higher than those paid by employers. See, most people get their insurance through their employer, and since they only pay a small percentage of the cost, they really don't understand how expensive it really is. Rates for private insurance will now be much closer to the rates paid by employers as the insurance companies cannot deny employees coverage based on pre-existing conditions.

Here is the interesting thing. In the long run, these plans will cover more doctor visits and preventative medicine, which will hopefully lead to better overall health for everyone which would lead to reduced spending. At this point, I really think we will need to wait to see how this all plays out. My biggest concern is that the paperwork involved for determining who gets tax credits to reduce their insurance payments is looking like an absolute nightmare. It might be worse than filing taxes and may give H&R Block and other similar companies a lot more business.

At long last, conservatives begin to understand that high-risk pools aren't a long-term solution to this problem.

Fear not. The exchanges open for business in four months and these high-risk pools shut down forever in six. Folks with pre-existing conditions are about to be able to shop for their own insurance plans in the market just like anyone else.

This year, with prexisting it's expensive, though better than ever before. Next year pre-existng coverage is the same as anyone else, when O-Care starts. You're welcome, as with all dupes you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about...change the channel, dupe.

Here is the deal. Currently, if you are healthy, and I mean there is nothing at all wrong with you, you can purchase a relatively cheap private health insurance policy. The thing is, if you get sick, the insurance company will try their hardest to find a way to get rid of you. Private insurance plans are unique, because they can deny all but the absolute healthiest of people. So for those who will be forced to purchase on the exchange, rates will go up, because now they will be covering everyone.

In talking to my insurance agent, he suggested I keep my kids on their current plans, because those plans will be grandfathered in and they will be able to keep them, which may mean cheaper rates for them in the long run. What you are looking at here is a case of new entrants who will have to purchase through the exchange paying more than they would if they were already insured. The one thing that they fail to mention though, is that rates on the exchange will not be any higher than those paid by employers. See, most people get their insurance through their employer, and since they only pay a small percentage of the cost, they really don't understand how expensive it really is. Rates for private insurance will now be much closer to the rates paid by employers as the insurance companies cannot deny employees coverage based on pre-existing conditions.

Here is the interesting thing. In the long run, these plans will cover more doctor visits and preventative medicine, which will hopefully lead to better overall health for everyone which would lead to reduced spending. At this point, I really think we will need to wait to see how this all plays out. My biggest concern is that the paperwork involved for determining who gets tax credits to reduce their insurance payments is looking like an absolute nightmare. It might be worse than filing taxes and may give H&R Block and other similar companies a lot more business.

If you want to stay healthy stop drinking the Obamacare KoolAid

IRS: Cheapest Obamacare Plan Will Be $20,000 Per Family

IRS: Cheapest Obamacare Plan Will Be $20,000 Per Family | CNS News

Franco, you know every Marxist policy, benefit, law and treaty will disappear within hours of the collapse of the US dollar, which is being printed en masse to fund those very same things?

The only thing you'll get from the government is free gas in the FEMA concentration camps, and that's only if they forgot to give you one of their 1.7 billion hollow point bullets. If they're kind, they'll let you eat Monsanto genetically modified food for a few years until you die of systemic cancer.

Last edited:
I am still waiting for a liberal to explain why Congress and the IRS employees union are wanting to exempt themselves from Obamacare. Anyone care to chime in and defend this?

I mean, when the people who shoved this bill through by questionable means and the people who are set to come after us with fines and enjoy real time access to our bank accounts want out of this shit, what does that say about it? They know more about Obamacare than anyone and they are trying to get out of it. Why is that, liberals? Anyone?

At long last, conservatives begin to understand that high-risk pools aren't a long-term solution to this problem.

Fear not. The exchanges open for business in four months and these high-risk pools shut down forever in six. Folks with pre-existing conditions are about to be able to shop for their own insurance plans in the market just like anyone else.

That's not the point and you know it.

This year, tens of thousands of uninsured Americans with preexisting conditions, the parents of children who have a preexisting condition, will finally be able to purchase the coverage they need. That happens this year,” said Obama when he signed the Affordable Care Act into law on Mar. 23, 2010.

“This year, insurance companies will no longer be able to drop people’s coverage when they get sick,” said the president.

As Obamacare went into effect, two temporary programs were established in March 2010, the Early Retiree Reinsurance Program and the Pre-existing Condition Insurance Plan (PCIP) program. Each program is supposed to operate through Dec. 31, 2013, after which their respective enrollees are supposed to transition into the health insurance Exchanges established by Obamacare.

Each program was allotted $5 billion.
This was a stop gap measure that failed every which way it could!
And you know it!!

GAO: HHS Already Rationing Enrollment in Obamacare?s Pre-Existing Condition Plan | CNS News

Third paragraph is a link to the GOA report. It is in pdf format.

Last edited:
I am still waiting for a liberal to explain why Congress and the IRS employees union are wanting to exempt themselves from Obamacare. Anyone care to chime in and defend this?

I mean, when the people who shoved this bill through by questionable means and the people who are set to come after us with fines and enjoy real time access to our bank accounts want out of this shit, what does that say about it? They know more about Obamacare than anyone and they are trying to get out of it. Why is that, liberals? Anyone?

Of course they are all trying to exempt themselves from this POS bill.

You can bet Congress won't be using it. Nor will Barry Boy.

We taxpayers will be paying for it and "subsidizine" everyone who can't pay.

Wait till this thing is implemented next year and folks get a look at what its going to cost them. Its a trainwreck just pulling into the statioin. I doubt any of the Dems who couldn't wait to pass this POS will be covered by it and be very glad that they aren't.

The ACA is going to be anthing but affordable.

Here ya go! Will you acknowledge the fact that you are misinformed?

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/p...Factcheck_Congress_exempt_from_Obamacare.html

Please stop passing on bullshit......over and over and over.

Wow, great news.

Problem being the IRS is going to be handling all of this mess and I don't think anyone trusts them anymore.

I told you long ago that it doesn't matter what is in the law when the people that are tasked with enforcing it think they are above the law.

Problem being the IRS is going to be handling all of this mess and I don't think anyone trusts them anymore.

There are many who will always trust and apologize for the federal government and its agencies, no matter what. Not unlike the abused wife who tragically does the same for her husband. The more centralized and authoritarian the federal bureaucracy becomes, the better in their eyes.

Remind the board...what day is it that you pull your head out of your ass? It's obviously not Mondays.

Fact Check had to really play around with mostly 2010 studies to tamp down the headline from CNS. But even more to the point they at least admit that its not false.

What "studies"? I'm talking about the actual premiums, which have been trickling out over the past four weeks (which makes digging up discredited bullshit from CNS all the more inexplicable at this point). In California and Oregon, the plan in question will cost less than $10,000. In tiny, uber-blue Vermont, with its limited number of insurers and stricter rating rules than the federal standard, it will be around $11,600.

A far cry from your made-up $20,000.

Why don't you get back to us if that ever actually happens?

That's not the point and you know it.

No, that's exactly the point--segmenting the sick off into high-risk pools that are given some fixed allotment of money isn't particularly effective. It never has been.

It's wonderful that the 115,000 people getting coverage through these PCIPs today have access to something where previously there was nothing for them. And I suppose it's nice that the pools' $5 billion in total funding will actually last until the end of this year, instead of being exhausted in 2011 as the CMS Actuary predicted when the law passed. But it's not a solution, it's a bone that was thrown to them while the real entree, the new marketplaces, were being set up. That time is almost here.

Well Greenie.

I must say I admire your absolute belief that the ACA is going to be great. Its going to be cheaper and better.

I just can't believe that you really believe this. Nothing the Govt has ever done has been cheaper or better. Its a mass of red tape, paperwork and flat out bullshit.

I hope your right my friend but I seriously, seriously doubt it.

The morons who passed the bill didn't even read it. The only way the SC would approve it was as a TAX and it seems they are exempting themselves from its bounty left and right.

Yup. Should be cheaper and better. NOT.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back