obama will apply sharia law to the military

This is exactly how all of our laws will be replaced with fundamentalist sharia law. Its use will be rationalized and explained away, until we are all its subjects. Sad really that no one will stand up for our military.

What part of they fall under the UCMJ, which has articles concering good order and discipline do you keep missing?

The UCMJ is NOT Sharia law.

But like I said, if you'd actually served rather than just blustering talking points you get from FAUX Nooze and your own deluded rantings, you'd know better.
Thank you SAILOR!

An Afghan translator is one of those being "disciplned" for koran abuse. A term that does not exist in our current terminology and there is no way to get it there except through application of sharia law.

Ever hear of the UCMJ? How about good order and discipline? That's NOT Sharia law, it's US Military law, and the military falls under it, and in some cases, a military person can suffer double jeopardy for the same crime, because if they get caught with a DUI out in town, they not only have to answer to the state, but in many cases they will also go to Captain's Mast for the same crime.

BTW.........most of the Afghan translators that the US Military has with them are Afghan nationals, and if they're Afghan, of course they're going to fall under Sharia law, they're native to that country.

Under sharia law mistreating a koran is a punishable offense. ONLY under sharia law. There is no broad military prohibition against mistreatment of religious icons because the miitary itself destroyed thousands of Bibles without even a mention that this might not be acceptable. Once a military person leaves the base, that member is subject to all the laws, rules and prohibitions of the host country. That is why female US military has to wear a hijab when they leave the base. This did not happen "in town". It happened on the base. On American grounds. It happened because these korans were used to pass messages between prisoners. IF indeed this happened off base I would tend more to agree with you, it was an unnecessary provocation. But it didn't. It happened in a place subject to Ameirican law not sharia law. The only way there can be any punishment whatsoever is by applying sharia law. Give in here, and it is a guarantee that more "offense" will follow.

If you have ever been stationed in the middle east surely you know how many local laws don't exist on a military base. Women drive cars, they do not cover their heads, there is no five time a day call to prayer. Men are not required to have beards. There is music, alcohol, and even a dance now and then. The mess serves bacon and pork. Female medical personnel must wash their hands. Even MUSLIM female medical personnel must wash their hands. Once the American military starts applying sharia law it won't stop. The same sort of violence that controlled here can be used anywhere.

Thats not true, it depends on the country. I deployed to Kuwait and Saudi Arabia and in both places we were forbidden from drinking alcohol and having sex, anyone who did so and was caught would face Non Judicial punishment.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/03/w...rning-in-afghanistan.html?_r=1&pagewanted=all

KABUL, Afghanistan — Five American service members and an Afghan-American linguist may face disciplinary action in the burning of Korans at a NATO base, an event a week ago that plunged Afghanistan into days of violent protests, according to the preliminary conclusions of a joint military investigation.

“All six will be referred to the proper U.S. authorities for further action,” said an official familiar with the joint Afghan-American investigation into the Koran burnings, who was not authorized to speak about it publicly

You obviously know nothing about the military.

You guys?
Who is "you guys?"
Chill out Gunny.
I've read Gay-"Bi"keys gay-loving trash for months now on this forum. He was a PN (Personnel "Man" (latter questionable) who the he claims the "gays confided in" aboard ship. I tell ya - in 8.5 years at sea, I didn't know the "gays" checked in with anyone.

And "lots" of miserable failures do indeed retire at E6. Some even E5! Some call themselves GySgts and wear medals they haven't earned!

Can you believe it??

What a shocker

Actually, like I told you, I wasn't one of those bigoted assholes like you were, so people did actually talk to me and confide in me. As far as "checking in"? Might wanna try again stupid, because unlike you, people on the ship actually liked me, which is why I said they trusted me.

And yeah.........some "miserable failures" DO retire at E-5, but by and large, many people retire at E-6, so no......there's no shame in that.

Especially since the last 2 tours I did were BOTH independent duty billets, one was an MSC vessel and the second was the head dude in charge of the Amarillo MEPS Navy office.

Both billets I relieved a Chief and both billets I was REPLACED by a Chief.

But........if you want to spew shit all over the boards about someone you've never met, and wish to denigrate my service, feel free.

Expose yourself for being a shitheel all ya want, makes no difference to me.
What is First Class?
I did not intend to ask WHAT IS FIRST CLASS; I know. I intended to thank GRS for THIS:

As to the personal attack on Abiker, LOTS of people retire at that pay grade. And not because they are incompetent either. Simply because there was no slot to get promoted INTO.

Ever hear of the UCMJ? How about good order and discipline? That's NOT Sharia law, it's US Military law, and the military falls under it, and in some cases, a military person can suffer double jeopardy for the same crime, because if they get caught with a DUI out in town, they not only have to answer to the state, but in many cases they will also go to Captain's Mast for the same crime.

BTW.........most of the Afghan translators that the US Military has with them are Afghan nationals, and if they're Afghan, of course they're going to fall under Sharia law, they're native to that country.

Under sharia law mistreating a koran is a punishable offense. ONLY under sharia law. There is no broad military prohibition against mistreatment of religious icons because the miitary itself destroyed thousands of Bibles without even a mention that this might not be acceptable. Once a military person leaves the base, that member is subject to all the laws, rules and prohibitions of the host country. That is why female US military has to wear a hijab when they leave the base. This did not happen "in town". It happened on the base. On American grounds. It happened because these korans were used to pass messages between prisoners. IF indeed this happened off base I would tend more to agree with you, it was an unnecessary provocation. But it didn't. It happened in a place subject to Ameirican law not sharia law. The only way there can be any punishment whatsoever is by applying sharia law. Give in here, and it is a guarantee that more "offense" will follow.

If you have ever been stationed in the middle east surely you know how many local laws don't exist on a military base. Women drive cars, they do not cover their heads, there is no five time a day call to prayer. Men are not required to have beards. There is music, alcohol, and even a dance now and then. The mess serves bacon and pork. Female medical personnel must wash their hands. Even MUSLIM female medical personnel must wash their hands. Once the American military starts applying sharia law it won't stop. The same sort of violence that controlled here can be used anywhere.

Thats not true, it depends on the country. I deployed to Kuwait and Saudi Arabia and in both places we were forbidden from drinking alcohol and having sex, anyone who did so and was caught would face Non Judicial punishment.

On base or off base?

Are the koran burners facing non-judicial punishment? obama started it by apologizing. As commander in chief he should have stood up for the military not excuse the murders that followed.

On base or off base?

Are the koran burners facing non-judicial punishment? obama started it by apologizing. As commander in chief he should have stood up for the military not excuse the murders that followed.

On or off base, same rules applied, we were rarely allowed off base in Kuwait or Saudi. A male and a female airman in Kuwait got a hold of a vehicle and parked it right outside the base and she gave him a blowjob, someone spotted them and reported them and they were in trouble even though it happened technically off the base. As far the Quran burners I don't know what type of punishment they will ne facing, but I would imagine for anyone deploying to Afghanistan they would be briefed to respect religious texts since it is a very religious country.

On base or off base?

On or off base, same rules applied, we were rarely allowed off base in Kuwait or Saudi. A male and a female airman in Kuwait got a hold of a vehicle and parked it right outside the base and she gave him a blowjob, someone spotted them and reported them and they were in trouble even though it happened technically off the base. As far the Quran burners I don't know what type of punishment they will ne facing, but I would imagine for anyone deploying to Afghanistan they would be briefed to respect religious texts since it is a very religious country.

Whether or not it is a religoius text is where obama fell off the rails. Had he maintained that the korans had been defaced by the muslim prisoners themselves and were no longer religious texts there would have not been the protests that there were.

Since the couple in your example were off base, parked right outside, they were no doubt breaking several local laws.

A married couple vacationing in Dubai are now in prison for the crime of kissing in public. They should have kept it to the hotel room.

On base or off base?

Whether or not it is a religoius text is where obama fell off the rails. Had he maintained that the korans had been defaced by the muslim prisoners themselves and were no longer religious texts there would have not been the protests that there were.

Since the couple in your example were off base, parked right outside, they were no doubt breaking several local laws.

A married couple vacationing in Dubai are now in prison for the crime of kissing in public. They should have kept it to the hotel room.

I agree Obama should have mentioned the Qurans were vandalized and defaced by the Muslim prisoners before they were burned but its hard to say if that would have stemmed the outrage, as far as Dubai goes its a pretty lenient Muslim country but they still follow Islamic law, its easy to forget that when you go there and see how modern the country is, its easy to get swept up and forget where you are, I have been to Dubai and it is beautiful.

On base or off base?

Like I said, you have no understanding of the military, so therefore, you are not qualified to speak on this subject.

What I found strange about my deployment to Saudi Arabia was we were briefed having sex would not be allowed, however there were free condoms everywhere in the clinic, common rooms, Airmans lounge etc etc, thats a bit hyprocritical no?

Ya know I hate defending liberals but you guys are wrong. As to the personal attack on Abiker, LOTS of people retire at that pay grade. And not because they are incompetent either. Simply because there was no slot to get promoted INTO.

You guys?
Who is "you guys?"
Chill out Gunny.
I've read Gay-"Bi"keys gay-loving trash for months now on this forum. He was a PN (Personnel "Man" (latter questionable) who the he claims the "gays confided in" aboard ship. I tell ya - in 8.5 years at sea, I didn't know the "gays" checked in with anyone.

And "lots" of miserable failures do indeed retire at E6. Some even E5! Some call themselves GySgts and wear medals they haven't earned!

Can you believe it??

What a shocker

LMAO!

You turned your PM's off? Oh yeah, you are a real tough guy.

What a little bitch.

To think, I used to have some respect for you, you waste of bandwidth.

Forum List

Back