Obama warns of 'devastating' hurricanes from climate change Read more: http://thehil

Antares

A Rooincarnation
Nov 7, 2012
Omaha
resident Obama warned Friday that storms like Hurricane Sandy will become more frequent as climate change intensifies.

While being briefed by emergency response officials at the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) headquarters, Obama urged the public to prepare now for this year's hurricane season.

"The changes we’re seeing in our climate means that, unfortunately,
storms like Sandy could end up being more common and more devastating," Obama said.

Obama warns of 'devastating' hurricanes from climate change | TheHill

Except that they haven't.

It sickens me that conservatards can't see the link between hurricanes and driving non-energy efficient cars.

I'll bet a few people here will even criticize President Obama for trying to bring public attention to this vital issue.

• Banned
ince the hyper-active 2005 season, the U.S. has had just six Category 1 and 2 hurricane landfalls: Humberto (TX), Ike (TX), Gustav (LA), Dolly (TX), Irene (NC), and Isaac (LA). Sandy was not technically a hurricane at its NJ landfall, and if it were, it would have been a Category 1 storm.

uch a streak, or “drought”, is unprecendented going back to 1900. As of the start of this hurricane season, the span will be 3,142 days since the last U.S. major hurricane landfall. The previous longest span is about 2½ years shorter!

Atlantic hurricane season begins Sunday: Will record streak without major hurricane landfall end?

Sandy wasn't a hurricane. If anything Sandy was made worse by cooling not warming. Continuing to call it a hurricane is dishonest.

Sorry bout that,

It sickens me that conservatards can't see the link between hurricanes and driving non-energy efficient cars.

I'll bet a few people here will even criticize President Obama for trying to bring public attention to this vital issue.

1. Are you *GOOFY* the cartoon character? :badgrin:
2. Making a car go further on a gallon of gas isn't going to change a thing.
3. Did you know Volvo makes a car, right now that gets 300 mpg.
4. And the Government/Big Oil will not let it in this country?
5. Obama doesn't want efficient cars or they would bring Volvos new ride in, Obama is a mind numb duffass towing the party line, just stfu and listen to me for a change.
6. If you do you just might learn whats going on.
7. Fuel sales must always be more, always, listen to me, there is a reason for that.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Sorry bout that,

1. Are you *GOOFY* the cartoon character? :badgrin:
2. Making a car go further on a gallon of gas isn't going to change a thing.
3. Did you know Volvo makes a car, right now that gets 300 mpg.
4. And the Government/Big Oil will not let it in this country?
5. Obama doesn't want efficient cars or they would bring Volvos new ride in, Obama is a mind numb duffass towing the party line, just stfu and listen to me for a change.
6. If you do you just might learn whats going on.
7. Fuel sales must always be more, always, listen to me, there is a reason for that.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

1. No.
2. Yes it will.
3. Pics or it didn't happen.
4. Wouldn't surprise me that they would have such a position, if it were real.
5. Yes President Obama does want them; truly, he is the nation's foremost consumer advocate.
6. You're the one that needs to open your eyes up and examine REALITY.
7. Two words: Peak oil.

Sandy wasn't a hurricane. If anything Sandy was made worse by cooling not warming. Continuing to call it a hurricane is dishonest.

Sandy WAS a hurricane. If she wasn't, what was she? I notice you've conveniently avoided labeling hyr.

Sandy WAS a hurricane. If she wasn't, what was she? I notice you've conveniently avoided labeling hyr.

You junk science warmers keep making fools of yourselves. I love when south park made fun of you, it was perfect.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhtITYmL9a0]South Park Parody of "The Happening" - YouTube[/ame]

600 billion deaths and counting because "we didn't listen."

I'm going to try to explain it to you. Sandy was a Cat2 hurricane over the Atlantic. It made landfall in the US as a Cat1. As it progressed up the coast it became weaker. Calling it a Cat1 in New Jersey is extremely generous. Most meteorologists said it was no more than a tropical depression.

Sandy met with a noreaster of a freezing air storm. The merging of the weak tropical depression and the freezing temperatures created not a hurricane but a superstorm. That's why Sandy was not a hurricane. It was a superstorm.

Had it not been for the freeze moving in from Canada, Sandy would have been a little bit of rain. It was more global cooling than global warming.

I'm going to try to explain it to you. Sandy was a Cat2 hurricane over the Atlantic. It made landfall in the US as a Cat1. As it progressed up the coast it became weaker. Calling it a Cat1 in New Jersey is extremely generous. Most meteorologists said it was no more than a tropical depression.

Sandy met with a noreaster of a freezing air storm. The merging of the weak tropical depression and the freezing temperatures created not a hurricane but a superstorm. That's why Sandy was not a hurricane. It was a superstorm.

Had it not been for the freeze moving in from Canada, Sandy would have been a little bit of rain. It was more global cooling than global warming.

You'd have broken their hearts except they were loudly changing "OOOOOmmmmmmmmm0000000MMMMMMM...." to drown you out. Try again in bold face type, maybe up 2-3 sizes.

I know. Trying to educate liberals is a lost cause.
Actually there wasn't even a lot of rain in Sandy. The damage and flooding came from the winds generated by the violent collision of warm and cold air. That generated a surge along the coast driving sea water inland.

Last edited:
I was sitting out in the yard the other day and the Sun came out and it got hot sitting in the Sun. I don't remember that happening before Global Warming.

Forum List

Back