Obama wants to ban target shooting on all public land

You are an idiot. When you shoot from a ridgetop a couple thousand feet above the surrounding land, the bullet can go for miles even if the rifle is horizontal. We don't all live in OK.

No it can't. It's just something you're making up. Like global warming, free health care and all the other liberal agendas liberals try to propagate on society.

If you drop a bullet from muzzle level at the same time you fire the weapon, both projectiles will hit the ground at the same time. Physics is phun. :thup:

you are partly correct, everything must be on a flat level surface, IF, as someone said, a bullet fired from a ridge top and one dropped at the muzzle all bets are off. :up:

as for shooting from a ridge top a "bullet will travel for miles", "miles" being the operative word, 2 to 3 miles at best for a commonly used hunting rifle, now if a person is shooting a .50BMG, 20mm or a 30mm or even larger there will be a considerable amount of milage eaten up :up:

:lol:

Not a bad idea really.

Yes it's a terrible idea. it's not done as was suggested in the op. any target shooting at a national forest is done at the range.

That is yet another of your brazen lies. I've seen groups just shooting in the woods many times. I've done it myself. I estimate 99% of target shooting on NF land is NOT done at designated shooting ranges.

Dumb ass you do realize target shooting on public land is done at the target shooting range on public land? Stop your god damn lying.

It's not the noise, it's the garbage and lead pellets. They had to clean up here in Chicago. All the pellets were contaminating the water.
There used to be a shooting range out into the water near Diversey.

It's all three really. Shooters are always drunks and they leave beer cans everywhere.

You are either trolling, attention whoring or very immature.

Are you saying if I went out shooting today I would, beforehand, have to become a sloppy drunken litterbug and then I'd have to shoot while under the influence???

:cuckoo:

He's a lying bitch

[

Dumb ass you do realize target shooting on public land is done at the target shooting range on public land? Stop your god damn lying.

Very little target shooting is actually done at designated ranges. You know nothing about guns.

Last edited:
[

Very little target shooting is actually done at designated ranges. You nothing about guns.

What does my knowledge of firearms have anything to do with your lie?

That is yet another of your brazen lies. I've seen groups just shooting in the woods many times. I've done it myself. I estimate 99% of target shooting on NF land is NOT done at designated shooting ranges.

Could you also have heard these shots being fired during hunting season?

Hey stupid. When you hear multiple shots from the same area, it's not hunting.

Gee, I seem to have missed where you said they were all coming from the same spot.

It might be called "missing".

Also, your comment indicates you have never hunted quail or other game bird. I've been on many hunts with 3-4 hunters and when dove fly over or a covey of quail take off, you better believe there are multiple shots.

I'm fairly convinced that you started this thread to show your complete ignorance of anything gun related. Right?

Also, your comment indicates you have never hunted quail or other game bird. I've been on many hunts with 3-4 hunters and when dove fly over or a covey of quail take off, you better believe there are multiple shots.

I'm fairly convinced that you started this thread to show your complete ignorance of anything gun related. Right?

Hell I am beginning to think that he's not a gun owner at all.

No it can't. It's just something you're making up. Like global warming, free health care and all the other liberal agendas liberals try to propagate on society.

If you drop a bullet from muzzle level at the same time you fire the weapon, both projectiles will hit the ground at the same time. Physics is phun. :thup:

you are partly correct, everything must be on a flat level surface, IF, as someone said, a bullet fired from a ridge top and one dropped at the muzzle all bets are off. :up:

as for shooting from a ridge top a "bullet will travel for miles", "miles" being the operative word, 2 to 3 miles at best for a commonly used hunting rifle, now if a person is shooting a .50BMG, 20mm or a 30mm or even larger there will be a considerable amount of milage eaten up :up:

:lol:

Is that because gravity doesn't work at the top of a ridge?

Last edited:

Hey stupid. We're not talking about shooting down little bitty sparrows like you do. We're talking deer and elk - man-sized hunting. Stuff you know nothing about.

Forum List

Back