Obama wants more taxes, more spending

I'd be ok with tax credits for various middle class "give backs" if it was revenue neutral.

"Revenue neutral" is just another way of saying that someone else would be forced to pay for the cost of those tax credits. "Revenue neutral" is a smokescreen phrase for wealth redistribution, pure and simple.

I'd be willing to say we need serious soc sec and medicare reform if we even wanted to contemplate them, but the fact is Obama came to the bargaining table at least twice with compromises on those programs only to have the tea party threaten to eviscerate Boehner if he compromised even a little.

I believe we should raise the Social Security and Medicare eligibility ages to 70, and index to 9 percent of the population going forward.

We are living decades longer than our ancestors who established Social Security. We should be working longer than they did.

Common sense.

There is no sane reason for why our income tax form does not say "How much did you earn? This is how much you owe."

Half a page. No wealth redistribution through deductions, exemptions, or credits.

Our tax rates would be considerably lower.

Taxing and spending are all that Liberals know.

We must take pity on them.
BORROWING and spending is all that CON$ervatives know, though they hypocritically claim to want the opposite.

We must expose their dishonesty.

country-distribution-2012.png

Defense spending has shrunk as a percentage of the budget to the lowest since before WW2.

Now why isn't the rest of the world bankrupting themselves with their military spending? We just have to many military contractors needing to make billions of dollars. Welfare for the military contractors. Isn't that nice.

Right on cue the far left drones and their wanting to cut only the military..
The military is by far and away the most WASTEFUL part of government and therefore the most obvious place to reduce government spending!

BORROWING and spending is all that CON$ervatives know, though they hypocritically claim to want the opposite.

I don't mean to quibble, but I thought it was more, spend and then finance, for the right.
You thought wrong.
When have Democrats ever opposed a program because it cost too much?

Natural vs. unnatural? Wealth has become concentrated because we've flooded Wall St. with a gazillion $$.. who'd' people think was going to get rich? Welfare recipients? The middle class?
All the more reason to increase taxes on those rich Wall Streeters' capital gains!!!!!

I'd be ok with tax credits for various middle class "give backs" if it was revenue neutral.

"Revenue neutral" is just another way of saying that someone else would be forced to pay for the cost of those tax credits. "Revenue neutral" is a smokescreen phrase for wealth redistribution, pure and simple.

I'd be willing to say we need serious soc sec and medicare reform if we even wanted to contemplate them, but the fact is Obama came to the bargaining table at least twice with compromises on those programs only to have the tea party threaten to eviscerate Boehner if he compromised even a little.

I believe we should raise the Social Security and Medicare eligibility ages to 70, and index to 9 percent of the population going forward.

We are living decades longer than our ancestors who established Social Security. We should be working longer than they did.

Common sense.
Not common sense. Our productivity has gone through the roof since then. There should be plenty of resources available to care for people over 65.

I don't mean to quibble, but I thought it was more, spend and then finance, for the right.
You thought wrong.
When did the right ever oppose sacrificing the end of our war on poverty to the means of our war on drugs, contrary to the dictates of "plain reason and legal axioms"?

Natural vs. unnatural? Wealth has become concentrated because we've flooded Wall St. with a gazillion $$.. who'd' people think was going to get rich? Welfare recipients? The middle class?
All the more reason to increase taxes on those rich Wall Streeters' capital gains!!!!!
Maybe the capital gains distinction on income could end whenever we are run massive federal budget deficits.

When hasn't Obama wanted higher taxes and more spending?
In fact, when has any Democrat not wanted the same thing.

You thought wrong.
When did the right ever oppose sacrificing the end of our war on poverty to the means of our war on drugs, contrary to the dictates of "plain reason and legal axioms"?
So you have no answer t my question.
Dems are the big spenders.
Republicans spend like drunken sailors.
Democrats spend like drunken sailors on crack.

Maybe the capital gains distinction on income could end whenever we are run massive federal budget deficits.
Sure lets tax cap gains more. That has worked out really well so far. Lowest level of business formation ever.

You thought wrong.
So you have no answer t my question.
Dems are the big spenders.
Republicans spend like drunken sailors.
Democrats spend like drunken sailors on crack.
the difference usually is, that the left believes more in the fiscal responsibility and the fiscal sincerity of justifying taxes and then forming a plan to spend those tax monies accordingly. the right believes more in spending and then financing under more anarchic, market based conditions.

Sure lets tax cap gains more. That has worked out really well so far. Lowest level of business formation ever.
It doesn't work as intended, anyway, why not generate revenue to meet any exigency?

Common sense.
Well, cutting the top rates under Reagan more than the middle rates was income redistribution too. What I am NOT in favor of is anymore entitlement program. I was not a fan of obamacare. But, I'm not opposed to raising taxes on incomes over 500K and esp the top .1% to fund tax credits for working families or tax credits for single parents to buy childcare. If that redistributing the wealth Reagan redistributed .... OK.

It doesn't work as intended, anyway, why not generate revenue to meet any exigency?
Raising cap gains rates lowers revenue.

drunk idiots on crack ^^^^^^^^ trying to insult other people.

LMAO

Forum List

Back