Obama up by 4 in Ohio

Chris

Gold Member
May 30, 2008
(CNN) - With a week and a half to go until Election Day, a new poll indicates the race for arguably the most important battleground state remains very close.

According to a CNN/ORC International survey released Friday, President Barack Obama holds a four point advantage over Republican nominee Mitt Romney in the contest for Ohio's much fought over 18 electoral votes.

CNN Poll: Obama 50%-Romney 46% in Ohio – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

Uh huh. Two days ago a Time poll came out showing Obama up five. I looked at the sample breakdown and it was D+10. :lol:

This CNN poll doesn't provide their's. Shocking.

Heh heh heh...

(CNN) - With a week and a half to go until Election Day, a new poll indicates the race for arguably the most important battleground state remains very close.

According to a CNN/ORC International survey released Friday, President Barack Obama holds a four point advantage over Republican nominee Mitt Romney in the contest for Ohio's much fought over 18 electoral votes.

CNN along with FOX News also headlined

"Supreme Court Strikes Down Obamacare"

4 point lead? sounds close to what others are saying, but on the high end.

I personally think this is going to be the Election in which a Republican wins with out Ohio. The Most Recent poll in my own state of Michigan for example has it even a 47 each here. I think people are paying to close attention to Ohio and not enough to places like MI and PA.

I personally think this is going to be the Election in which a Republican wins with out Ohio. The Most Recent poll in my own state of Michigan for example has it even a 47 each here. I think people are paying to close attention to Ohio and not enough to places like MI and PA.

Michigan is going to go Democratic in spite of anecdotal evidence of confused voters in Republican leaning counties.

There is no chance Michigan or Pennsylvania go for Romney without Ohio.

As I already stated in Chris's exact same thread of this poll (love how nobody uses the search function), they didn't divulge their sample breakdown which makes me skeptical of these results. A TIME poll of Ohio came out a couple of days ago showing Obama up five, but when I looked up the sample breakdown it was D+10. Totally unrealistic turnout model.

When I was with Kerry in 2004, I met a very wealthy Democrat who knew Mitt -- she said 'from the Country Club' She told me she and others like her would campaign for and vote for a Romney run. That was before the 2008 race. Now? I'd like to meet her again. She came to Boston with a Fleet of Autos from Detroit that were part of the Campaign. I met her away form the campaign at a place I was working at so she gave me advice without knowing who I knew.

Interesting.

The Super Wealthy usually stick together

There is no chance Michigan or Pennsylvania go for Romney without Ohio.

As I already stated in Chris's exact same thread of this poll (love how nobody uses the search function), they didn't divulge their sample breakdown which makes me skeptical of these results. A TIME poll of Ohio came out a couple of days ago showing Obama up five, but when I looked up the sample breakdown it was D+10. Totally unrealistic turnout model.

maybe, maybe not, but this is as good an analysis I've seen here so far.

Odds are Obama win in Ohio and Michigan and Penn. I don't know how any one state is linked to the other. the battles are going on in counties and precincts if not also wards

Again, the EC math is very much in the president’s favor, with Ohio his greatest advantage:

If Mr. Obama wins Wisconsin and Nevada along with the states like Michigan where he seems to have a clearer advantage, he will have 253 electoral votes, putting him 17 votes shy of clinching an Electoral College majority.

Ohio, which has 18 electoral votes, is the state most likely to provide those votes to Mr. Obama. He leads in the FiveThirtyEight forecast by 2.3 percentage points in Ohio, and by a similar margin according to other Web sites that aggregate polls. The forecast gives Mr. Obama about a 75 percent chance of winning Ohio. This figure is, not coincidentally, close to Mr. Obama’s 73 percent overall chance of winning the Electoral College. (Ohio has about a 50-50 chance of providing the decisive Electoral College votes.)

Oct. 25: The State of the States - NYTimes.com

I agree, except i don't think Romney will get Michigan or Pennsylvania. I see him getting Colorado, Nevada, New Hampshire and Wisconsin. That should be enough to make up for losing Ohio.

Forum List

Back