Obama to send U.S. Troops to Moscow to March in Parade Celebrating Stalins Red Army.

Ummmmm....

The Cold War is OVER......Russia is an Ally now
I wouldn't call them an ally...but they certainly were our Allies during WW2. Which was good, IMO, Hitler needed defeating, he was always a bigger threat to the USA than Stalin was...I also wonder if the decision to put his posters up in Moscow was made after the other three allies (England, France, and the US) decided to celebrate Hitler's defeat.

I fully expect these USMB rightwingnuts to be over there protesting the defeat of Nazi Germany.

Why? Hitler was a Leftist, a Statist

It's celebrating the defeat of Hitler by the Allies and USSR - who lost a horrendous number of lives to the Nazi's. WW2 is still remembered on a large scale, in Russia.

What the hell is wrong with the allies - US, France, Britain joining in celebration of Hitler's defeat?

Ummmmm....

I wouldn't call them an ally...but they certainly were our Allies during WW2. Which was good, IMO, Hitler needed defeating, he was always a bigger threat to the USA than Stalin was...I also wonder if the decision to put his posters up in Moscow was made after the other three allies (England, France, and the US) decided to celebrate Hitler's defeat.

I fully expect these USMB rightwingnuts to be over there protesting the defeat of Nazi Germany.

maybe because he was planning on making the Russian population extinct?

Ummmmm....

Line in bold....

I think you are lying when you say that you fully expect that.

No...I know you are lying.

So I guess it means I know you are a liar.

I guess.

It's celebrating the defeat of Hitler by the Allies and USSR - who lost a horrendous number of lives to the Nazi's. WW2 is still remembered on a large scale, in Russia.

What the hell is wrong with the allies - US, France, Britain joining in celebration of Hitler's defeat?

It is celebrating Stalin.

SOME of the russians will be celebrating stalin.

No, it's celebrating the victory over Hitler and, like it or not Stalin was part of that.

Well, as much as Stalin was as bad as Hitler, Russia was our Allie, if not just by common enemy. And the second link says the US troops are going there to celebrate the defeat of Hitler, which is a good thing to celebrate.

But I fail to see hwo Stalin is revered as a "war hero" when he would kill his own men who wouldn't fight what in the beginning of the war, was guaranteed death since they were so outmatched.

Last edited:

maybe because he was planning on making the Russian population extinct?

Stalin had a big head start there, Buckeroo

Well, as much as Stalin was as bad as Hitler, Russia was our Allie, if not just by common enemy. And the second link says the US troops are going there to celebrate the defeat of Hitler, which is a good thing to celebrate.

Kind of what I thought too. But, count on wingnuts in their Obama-hating frenzy to make it something it isn't.

Kind of like the muck about Anita Dunn and Mao.

Good grief.

No, it's celebrating the victory over Hitler and, like it or not Stalin was part of that.

And Stalin being part of it..and his image pl;aying a major role in the celebration...should give anyone good reason to question joining the celebration.

Hitler was a major contributor to the success of Mercedes...

If Hitlers image were used in a centennial celebration for Mercedes, would you question those that participated?

Patton considered WWII a terrible strategic failure for the US and Britain because it left so much of Eastern Europe in the "hands of the descendants of Genghis Khan"

We helped them trade one form of suffering for another.

Because it make the rightwingers sad to see America celebrating the defeat of the Nazis.

And Stalin being part of it..and his image pl;aying a major role in the celebration...should give anyone good reason to question joining the celebration.

Hitler was a major contributor to the success of Mercedes...

If Hitlers image were used in a centennial celebration for Mercedes, would you question those that participated?

Apples and oranges. Britain, France and the US are participating in this. To refuse - simply because SOME are using it as means of heralding Stalin, would be quite a slap in the face to the Russians and ignoring the larger historical context.

Don't forget this tidbit.

North Korea
Contrary to America's policy which restrained armament (limited equipment was provided for infantry and police forces) to South Korea, Stalin extensively armed Kim Il Sung's North Korean army and air forces with military equipment (to include T-34/85 tanks) and "advisors" far in excess of those required for defensive purposes) in order to facilitate Kim's (a former Soviet Officer) aim of conquering the rest of the Korean peninsula.

The North Korean Army struck in the pre-dawn hours of Sunday, 25 June 1950, crossing the 38th parallel behind a firestorm of artillery, beginning their invasion of South Korea.[211] During the Korean War, Soviet pilots flew Soviet aircraft from Chinese bases against United Nations aircraft defending South Korea. Post cold war research in Soviet Archives has revealed that the Korean War was begun by Kim Il-sung with the express permission of Stalin, though this is disputed by North Korea.

What's next from this asshat of a president?

Seriously, the decisions that moron makes are completely mind boggling.

For a Harvard educated man, he's not making harvard look so good!

I'm sending my kids to USC!

Forum List

Back