Obama, The Protected President

Lumpy 1

Diamond Member
Jun 19, 2009
When Bush was President, I recall being more than a little nervous when he was about to be questioned or make a speech, face it, his control of the English language and his oratorical skills, well they usually sucked. As a Republican and as an American I wanted him to succeed.

Now we have Obama, he is a great orator given a tele-prompter and a loving crowd.
So far, allot of the times he's had to think on his feet, without pre-screened questions have, resulted in hems and haws and a foot in his mouth.

I believe this is why Democrats are readily giving him excuses to NOT step up to the plate and be tested. They want him to succeed.

Lets say that by answering only questions by the toaded media, he will receive only soft questions, no tough follow up questions and be allowed to go through his list of talking points unencumbered by resistance. Which is fine for his followers because then he looks good, and their faith is untested.

Now lets say he goes into the heated kitchen where he will be respected yet asked the tougher questions, given follow up questions and his metal and policies will be tested. If his policies can't take the heat or his answers don't stand up, aren't the people far better off ?

So your left with this vision, people who protect and believe without question in all that Obama says on his policies and people that need to be convinced that his policies can take the heat. People that want him to always look good and people that want him to maybe fail or succeed by stepping up to the plate.

The most fun of these exit interviews with the president is going to be watching the news anchors try to delicately assess whether this president realizes just how bad he has fucked this thing up [on screen: Gibson asking Bush various questions, trying to gauge what he thinks the American people think about his presidency. Gibson also asks Bush if there was an 'uh-oh' moment]. An 'uh-oh' moment? Why do we have to talk to this jackass like he's four? When did foolhardy war and economic collapse become 'uh-oh' moments? Mr. President, I have a question. Did you make a boom boom in the Middle East? Look at me, I'm asking you a question!" --Jon Stewart

When Bush was President, I recall being more than a little nervous when he was about to be questioned or make a speech, face it, his control of the English language and his oratorical skills, well they usually sucked. As a Republican and as an American I wanted him to succeed.

Now we have Obama, he is a great orator given a tele-prompter and a loving crowd.
So far, allot of the times he's had to think on his feet, without pre-screened questions have, resulted in hems and haws and a foot in his mouth.

I believe this is why Democrats are readily giving him excuses to NOT step up to the plate and be tested. They want him to succeed.

Lets say that by answering only questions by the toaded media, he will receive only soft questions, no tough follow up questions and be allowed to go through his list of talking points unencumbered by resistance. Which is fine for his followers because then he looks good, and their faith is untested.

Now lets say he goes into the heated kitchen where he will be respected yet asked the tougher questions, given follow up questions and his metal and policies will be tested. If his policies can't take the heat or his answers don't stand up, aren't the people far better off ?

So your left with this vision, people who protect and believe without question in all that Obama says on his policies and people that need to be convinced that his policies can take the heat. People that want him to always look good and people that want him to maybe fail or succeed by stepping up to the plate.

Let us NEVER forget DICK's response to the statement that the American public is tired of being in Iraq.....his reponse "SO"?

Let us NEVER forget DICK's response to the statement that the American public is tired of being in Iraq.....his reponse "SO"?

This fuzzy and nice stuff isn't working out, people go off-topic from boredom, I suppose.

Forum List

Back