Obama the Paper Tiger

The Rabbi

Diamond Member
Sep 16, 2009
Nashville
So Syria using chemical weapons is a "red line" that invites military action. 8/21/12
Obama Says Chemical Weapons Use by Syria ?Red Line? for U.S. - Bloomberg
President Barack Obama said any discovery that Syria’s chemicals or biological weapons are being moved or used may force him to reconsider U.S. military action.

“A red line for us is we start seeing a whole bunch of chemical weapons moving around or being utilized,” the president told reporters yesterday in a news conference at the White House. “That would change my calculus.”

Oops. I guess not. Now it's: we need a chain of command, knowing exactly what happened.
Obama defends handling of Syria and Boston bombing, vows to close Gitmo
"We don’t know how they were used, when they were used, who used them—we don’t have a chain of custody that establishes what exactly happened," Obama told reporters during the hastily announced question-and-answer session in the White House briefing room. "I’ve got to make sure I’ve got the facts." Newsflash: we will never know exactly what happened.
If he is waiting for a Youtube of Assad issuing an order to use chemical weapons then he will never act. Which is what Assad is counting on.
The Iranians must be replaying his "I don't bluff" speech and laughing their asses off.

The worst foreign policy president since Jimmy Carter.

So Syria using chemical weapons is a "red line" that invites military action. 8/21/12
Obama Says Chemical Weapons Use by Syria ?Red Line? for U.S. - Bloomberg
President Barack Obama said any discovery that Syria’s chemicals or biological weapons are being moved or used may force him to reconsider U.S. military action.

“A red line for us is we start seeing a whole bunch of chemical weapons moving around or being utilized,” the president told reporters yesterday in a news conference at the White House. “That would change my calculus.”

Oops. I guess not. Now it's: we need a chain of command, knowing exactly what happened.
Obama defends handling of Syria and Boston bombing, vows to close Gitmo
"We don’t know how they were used, when they were used, who used them—we don’t have a chain of custody that establishes what exactly happened," Obama told reporters during the hastily announced question-and-answer session in the White House briefing room. "I’ve got to make sure I’ve got the facts." Newsflash: we will never know exactly what happened.
If he is waiting for a Youtube of Assad issuing an order to use chemical weapons then he will never act. Which is what Assad is counting on.
The Iranians must be replaying his "I don't bluff" speech and laughing their asses off.

The worst foreign policy president since Jimmy Carter.

I would ask Barry if he remembers the line in the poem by Yeats "The Second Coming" - "Things fall apart, the center cannot hold".......

His "Center" is beginning to "fall apart" on foreign policy. He shot his mouth off about the "red line" if Syria used chemical weapons, then he claimed that they were "waiting on proof". Now they have the proof and he is backing down. Typical liberal.

Next - the survivors of the Benghazi Consulate murders who were threatened with loss of security clearances, prosecution, loss of pension and benefits if they talked publicly about Benghazi have began to seek legal representation in order to "blow the whistle" on Obama and Clinton.

Barry - "Things fall apart. The center cannot hold".

Nixon resigned from office because a few of his "thugs" broke into an office at the Watergate. 4 people died as a result of your incompetence. Justice is coming for you.

Last edited:
You people are so dying to criticize him if he does go into Syria.

Pretty funny.

You know sonny, when I was a kid, we had a neighborhood kid who constantly shot his mouth off about what a "badass" he was....Finally, one day, he got the stem-winding crap beat out of him by someone who was tire of hearing him "talk".

Let's hope that the same doesn't happen to the "big talker" in the White House.

This is a stupid post. Even for a right winger. I'll bet this was today's talk radio subject material.

This is a stupid post. Even for a right winger. I'll bet this was today's talk radio subject material.

That was self-referential, right? Because Obama talks tough one minute and then when called on it he folds like a cheap napkin. You think that won't matter? Remember that bin Laden was emboldened by Clinton's lack of response to terrorist attacks.

The same shit from the same idiots who choose to forget that Obama has been responsible for the deaths of more terrorists than any pub/pot. And, he spent less oney doing it and got NOT EVEN ONE American killed doing it.

If a pub was in office, we would still be in Iraq and would be in Syria by now.

THINK people. Just THINK.

There's less 'evidence' that Syria used chemical weapons than the 'evidence' Bush thought he had to justify invading Iraq,

and all of that evidence turned out to be shit.

And I would be cautious about any "evidence." Israel has been known to fuck around with evidence to pull the U.S. into military action.

You people are so dying to criticize him if he does go into Syria.

Pretty funny.

You know sonny, when I was a kid, we had a neighborhood kid who constantly shot his mouth off about what a "badass" he was....Finally, one day, he got the stem-winding crap beat out of him by someone who was tire of hearing him "talk".

Yeah.....I think that's a common-experience for most "conservatives".....getting slapped-around, as loud-mouthed little-kids....and, ending-up....

CHICKENHAWKS!!!!

:eusa_hand:

We have no vital national interest in the outcome of a civil war in Syria.

If a govt uses chemical weapons on people we have a moral interest....its that christain in me that compells me to oppose that kind of violence

We have no vital national interest in the outcome of a civil war in Syria.

If a govt uses chemical weapons on people we have a moral interest....its that christain in me that compells me to oppose that kind of violence

As apposed to what other kind of violence? dead is dead,be from a bullet, bomb or strangled,picking and choosing your violence in a war zone is an absurdity.

Then you approved of Saddam's removal,he used chemicals several times.

Forum List

Back