obama proposes to ban 4H clubs and farm chores for kids

"Children employed" is that what you're referring too I didnt see much else. But when liberals argue over the definition of is, I'd like to be clear on this. And still if you have some buddies, they cant help out. I really really hate this overregulation for something that is not necessary. Is there a reason to update this law, other than age?

Of course there is a reason to update this law.
When Newt becomes the secretary of labor....

Wow...talk about hypocrisy.
Corporate Agriculture, especially the beef industry, employ underage illegals on a regular basis.
Yet - Obama goes after family farms.
Yeah...he is for the little guy alright. :eusa_eh:

I see. You mean the laws don't affect the corperate farms? Care to point out the exemptions for them?

You have no idea about the beef and poultry industry or you wouldn't have posted this.
At any given time it has been estimated that 45,000 illegal aliens are fully employed at massive slaughterhouses in the south.
There never has been or will ever be anything done to the corporations that do this.
You don't need an exemption when you give $millions in campaign coffers.
You sure you live in America?

"Children employed" is that what you're referring too I didnt see much else. But when liberals argue over the definition of is, I'd like to be clear on this. And still if you have some buddies, they cant help out. I really really hate this overregulation for something that is not necessary. Is there a reason to update this law, other than age?

Of course there is. If kids can no longer do farm chores someone will have to do them and who better than a unionized farm worker.

4H and FAA organizations are proposed to be replaced by an approved government training course instead. Child labor laws will be applied to all those kids who work on family farms.

Child Labor Laws | Farming | Department of Labor | The Daily Caller

Uncle Fidel, um Uncle obama thinks he's helping.

Why not use a more reliable info source than the Daily Caller?

While the site claims to be neutral in regard to ideology, some observers have noted its right-wing leanings. The Guardian referred to The Daily Caller as "the conservative answer to The Huffington Post.

The Daily Caller - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

4H and FAA organizations are proposed to be replaced by an approved government training course instead. Child labor laws will be applied to all those kids who work on family farms.

Child Labor Laws | Farming | Department of Labor | The Daily Caller

Uncle Fidel, um Uncle obama thinks he's helping.

How suprising, another Fauxrageous and misleading story.

The proposed regulations would not apply to children working on farms owned by their parents.

I tried to explain that a few times already. Oh well.

Is it still legal for a city kid to get paid for mowing lawns during the summer? Can they have a lemonade stand?

Most cities, lemonade stands now require permits, even garage sales need city permits. It is ridiculous. No way for a kid to earn a few extra bucks, let's kill initiative, drive and desire. Let's teach them to go at an early age to the parents and get money from them. Then when they get older, they can go to the government.

Forum List

Back