Obama-Proposed Gas Tax

Do we need to talk about Obama’s $10-per-barrel oil tax proposal?

'Obama aides told POLITICO that when he releases his final budget request next week, the president will propose more than $300 billion worth of investments over the next decade in mass transit, high-speed rail, self-driving cars, and other transportation approaches designed to reduce carbon emissions and congestion. To pay for it all, Obama will call for a $10 “fee” on every barrel of oil, a surcharge that would be paid by oil companies but would presumably be passed along to consumers.

There is no real chance that the Republican-controlled Congress will embrace Obama’s grand vision of climate-friendly mobility in an election year—especially after passing a long-stalled bipartisan highway bill just last year—and his aides acknowledge it’s mostly an effort to jump-start a conversation about the future of transportation. But by raising the specter of new taxes on fossil fuels, it could create a political quandary for Democrats. The fee could add as much as 25 cents a gallon to the cost of gasoline, and even with petroleum prices at historic lows, the proposal could be particularly awkward for Hillary Clinton, who has embraced most of Obama’s policies but has also vowed to oppose any tax hikes on families earning less than $250,000 a year.'

LINK: Do we need to talk about Obama’s $10-per-barrel oil tax proposal?
Dumb fuckers didn't even know where the tax would be applied...at the well head, refinery, gas pump ? Clueless motherfuckers.

They also don't realize these cheap oil prices are not infinite, when oil goes up that tax will stay on the pump

'We Have Recovered': Obama Touts Success Amid Unemployment Dip
Source: NBC News

Buoyed by wage-gains and record low unemployment, President Barack Obama underscored on Friday that his administration's efforts have helped usher in an economic recovery.

"We should be proud of the progress we have made," Obama told reporters during an appearance at the White House press briefing. "We have recovered from the worst economic crisis since the 1930s."

U.S. employers added 151,000 jobs in January, a deceleration from recent months as companies shed education, transportation and temporary workers but hired others in manufacturing, retail and food services.

The unemployment rate dipped to 4.9 percent, its lowest level since early 2008.

<more>

Read more: 'We Have Recovered': Obama Touts Economic Success Amid Unemployment Dip

Buoyed by wage-gains and record low unemployment, President Barack Obama underscored on Friday that his administration's efforts have helped usher in an economic recovery.

"We should be proud of the progress we have made," Obama told reporters during an appearance at the White House press briefing. "We have recovered from the worst economic crisis since the 1930s."

U.S. employers added 151,000 jobs in January, a deceleration from recent months as companies shed education, transportation and temporary workers but hired others in manufacturing, retail and food services.

<more>

Read more: 'We Have Recovered': Obama Touts Economic Success Amid Unemployment Dip
They don't anyone the real unemployment number...
Lol

I'm thinking somewhere in here are some spending cuts.... 25% on pensions alone?

chart
Health care and welfare would be two great places to start. Neither one is constitutional by nature so there is no reason for the government to be involved with them.

Invite your parents and in-laws over for dinner.....tell 'em you wanna pull the plug on Medicare........

Call Emperor Trajan......ask him WTF is up with this "welfare"....
Hate to tell you this but, My parents dont need medicare, they are insured just fine without it.
My inlaws, which is only my mother in law? I dont really care if that satanic bitch has coverage or not. But thats another thread.

Are you implying that your parents are covered under some pact with the Marxist Unionist Debil?
WTF are you talking about? Its like 1:20pm here, I think its just a bit early to be that drunk already. Have you considered seeking help? Rehap? 12 step program?
I only mention it because I care.

Let me slow this down for you a bit....

If your parents aren't covered by Medicare, the odds are that one of them belonged to a union and both benefit from a negotiated retirement package...

Savvy?

<more>

They don't tell anyone the real unemployment number though ..
Lol

Why don't you tell us what the "real" number is, Rustic?

Please be sure to include a source...

Health care and welfare would be two great places to start. Neither one is constitutional by nature so there is no reason for the government to be involved with them.

Invite your parents and in-laws over for dinner.....tell 'em you wanna pull the plug on Medicare........

Hate to tell you this but, My parents dont need medicare, they are insured just fine without it.
My inlaws, which is only my mother in law? I dont really care if that satanic bitch has coverage or not. But thats another thread.

Are you implying that your parents are covered under some pact with the Marxist Unionist Debil?
WTF are you talking about? Its like 1:20pm here, I think its just a bit early to be that drunk already. Have you considered seeking help? Rehap? 12 step program?

If your parents aren't covered by Medicare, the odds are that one of them belonged to a union and both benefit from a negotiated retirement package...

Savvy?
how they are covered is really not any of your business now is it? And no, they never belonged to a union, they, like me were able to hold onto a job without having to have some arbitrator deal on my behalf. Its what comes with an education and a life in the professional sector

<more>

Lol

Charts: What's the REAL unemployment rate?

It sucks, this combined with single digit growth... Really sucks

<more>

Lol

Not everything was great: job gains far short of 185,000 expectations (though averaging 231,000 the past three months), U-6 unemployment-underemployment rate unchanged at 9.9%, long-term unemployment worsened, labor force participation and employment rate still way below pre-recession levels, wages gains short of what you would expect to see in a full-throttle economy. Particularly vexing for Barclays was job weakness in the service sector.

January jobs report: Any signs of a looming recession? - AEI

Savvy?
how they are covered is really not any of your business now is it? And no, they never belonged to a union, they, like me were able to hold onto a job without having to have some arbitrator deal on my behalf. Its what comes with an education and a life in the professional sector

Say no more......I think my point has been made....

We need the kind of economy only a white man Like George W Bush can create.......wooooooooooooooo hooooooooooooooooooooooo
Republican_Unhinged-elephant-1-1-86x54.jpg

Forum List

Back