Obama On Oscar 'White out': Hollywood Should ‘Provide Opportunity to Everybody’

I wonder when they're going to address the racial makeup of the NBA?
The NBA is racist because there are entirely too many white people, based on statistical analysis of the population of both whites and blacks in the US combined with the talent ration as it pertains to the ratio of whites versus blacks in the NBA.
:rolleyes:

Sports are as objective as you can get .

The oscars are not . Have you seen what dreck passes for "best movie " .?

Easy thinks that MJ is the greatest of all time because someone put the ball in the hoop for him

The oscars are rediculous . It's not like it's based on any objective criteria .

But this is good example of institutional racism . The academy is like 90% white , and old . So they'll trnd to favor white performances . It's not some evil purposful plot . But the result is biased against minorities .

I don't think there's a Hispanic or Asian in the mix either .

Except it's not.

http://www.economist.com/blogs/prospero/2016/01/film-and-race

"In fact, as our analysis of film casts and awards shows, the number of black actors winning Oscars in this century has been pretty much in line with the size of America's overall black population."

I'm sure it was a mistake that you cut the quote early. Here is the whole quote: In fact, as our analysis of film casts and awards shows, the number of black actors winning Oscars in this century has been pretty much in line with the size of America's overall black population. But this does not mean Hollywood has no problems of prejudice. As the data show, it clearly does.

Nope I was waiting to see if any of you lefties actually read the link.

Standard lib irrationality.

THey somehow get the information that contradicts the lib Conventional Wisdom, and sometimes are honest enough to print it.

Then spend the rest of the article walking it back, spinning it, and doing everything they can to say "Yeah but".

THe 70s? Really?

In recent times the awards, despite the whiteness of the Oscar voters has been almost perfectly in line with the demographics of blacks in the country.

THis is a non-issue.

It was fun to poke Hollywood, but Hollywood is not racist against blacks.

Well according to the Oscar stats, the country is 100% white !

still a niche, most Christians hated it .
high grossing films stats are only good till they are broken ,like base ball stats
keep grasping at nothing..

Then how much could a Christian themed movie, that "most Christians" not hate make, if one that most hated made 600 million dollars?

We don't know, because Hollywood can't bring itself to find out.

The Ten Commandments was in 1956.
false! there are a whole line of epic Christian themed films made in Hollywood the peak was in the late 1950's and early 60's
back then people ate them up.
Highest-grossing films[13]

And did people stop going to see them, or did Hollywood stop making them?

80% of this country is self identified as Christian. And Hollywood considers them an unimportant niche market.
people stopped going to see them, it was a cycle, they happen in Hollywood all the time .
you really don't no jack shit about the entertainment industry do you.

And no revival attempts? No exceptions?

Hollywood still turns out Westerns every now and then, and make good money on them.

But not "Bible Thumper Movies"...

Strange...

Easy thinks that MJ is the greatest of all time because someone put the ball in the hoop for him
Your argument is so lame that you have to make shit up and lie about others to try to make yourself look cool/big/right? How pathetic, you lying little toadstool!

Why don't you stop embarrassing yourself, stop lying, stop making shite up, and just stick to telling people what YOU believe because - as always - you SUCK at trying to speak for me...or anyone else.

I don't know what is more pathetic, the fact that you have no sense of humor or that you have to lie like this.

Your argument is so lame that you have to make shit up and lie about others to try to make yourself look cool/big/right? How pathetic, you lying little toadstool!

Why don't you stop embarrassing yourself, stop lying, stop making shite up, and just stick to telling people what YOU believe because - as always - you SUCK at trying to speak for me...or anyone else.

I don't know what is more pathetic, the fact that you have no sense of humor or that you have to lie like this.

Tell us Easy how the NBA is an Affirmative Action experiment, go ahead

tumblr_lpvnenYGrZ1qzrr05.gif

"But this does not mean Hollywood has no problems of prejudice. As the data show, it clearly does. "

Based on WHAT? How can 'analysis of film casts and awards shows, the number of black actors winning Oscars in this century', be 'pretty much in line with the size of America's overall black population' yet simultaneously demonstrate prejudice? ......

They HAVE TO SAY THAT.

They can't admit that any single accusation of racism is complete bullshit, because so many of them are.

If they admit one is bs, that makes it ok for other people to ask that about future accusations, that they might really need people to believe.

Whos fault is it you choose a link that says something counter to your argument? Obama? BET?

Maybe you should've read your link first then you wouldnt have to back away from your own link

I already gave you my response to that.

You choose to ignore it.

My answer hasn't changed.

"But this does not mean Hollywood has no problems of prejudice. As the data show, it clearly does. "

Based on WHAT? How can 'analysis of film casts and awards shows, the number of black actors winning Oscars in this century', be 'pretty much in line with the size of America's overall black population' yet simultaneously demonstrate prejudice? ......

They HAVE TO SAY THAT.

They can't admit that any single accusation of racism is complete bullshit, because so many of them are.

If they admit one is bs, that makes it ok for other people to ask that about future accusations, that they might really need people to believe.

Whos fault is it you choose a link that says something counter to your argument? Obama? BET?

Maybe you should've read your link first then you wouldnt have to back away from your own link

You choose to ignore it.

Oh yeah, thats right...it was a test that you couldnt pass LMAO

I wonder when they're going to address the racial makeup of the NBA?
The NBA is racist because there are entirely too many white people, based on statistical analysis of the population of both whites and blacks in the US combined with the talent ration as it pertains to the ratio of whites versus blacks in the NBA.
:rolleyes:

Sports are as objective as you can get .

The oscars are not . Have you seen what dreck passes for "best movie " .?

The Oscars are very subjective. And Hollywood is full of goofy people and goofy ideas.

Which gives race baiters, and really anyone with an agenda, plenty of odd cases where they can ask, "why didn't this one win?"

When the answer is, because the Oscars is a trainweck and Hollywood is all kind of fucked up.

They HAVE TO SAY THAT.

You choose to ignore it.

YOu are kidding yourself if you think you can test me in any fashion.

They HAVE TO SAY THAT.

You choose to ignore it.

I dont have too, you failed your own test and owned yourself.

I didnt even have to research the rebuttal...You provided it

Hollywood still turns out Westerns every now and then, and make good money on them.

Strange...
Actually Passion of the Christ was a monster hit. More recent bible-inspired films include films such as Exodus, Heaven Is For Real, God's Not Dead, and Noah. You are correct, Hollywood keep pushing movies THEY want to produce, and many of their 'anti-family-friendly' movies absolutely BOMB...but they keep pushing them. What are the box office hits? Family-friendly movies - LOTRs, The Hobbit, Disney, Star Wars, and even religious-based movies. Instead they have an affinity for pushing obscenity, nudity, gore, etc... They just seem to never learn...

They HAVE TO SAY THAT.

You choose to ignore it.

Did you read the "Reasons" that the article claimed that Hollywood did still have a problem with racism despite the Awards demographic matching that of the population?

They are lame as HELL!

David Spade had a great bit about the Oscars and how acting is all bullshit.

"Jennifer Hudson , an American idol singer, walks off the street and wins an Oscar. That's like me dunking over Jordan and becoming NBA mvp."

As I said, I don't know what is more pathetic, the fact that you have such a little sense of humor (obviously that matches other parts of you) that you can't recognize humor and sarcasm or that you are so filled with hate that you have to lie and make shite up about people. Pathetic.

Do me a favor, CC...post my exact words / quote where I mention Jordan. The FACT, you little toadstool, is that you CAN'T because you pulled that out of your ass. Now go away!

Of course Obama is full of shit.

George Clooney was discussing his thoughts on the Oscars and bias which were expanded and discussed below:
"If Clooney expanded the sample a bit — say, to the last 15 years — he’d find that the number of black actors nominated for Oscars in that period is 29 out of 300, or 10 percent. The black proportion of the population was 12 to 13 percent in that period.

What’s most striking about the demographics of Oscar nominees is not the percentage of blacks, which is pretty much what you’d expect it to be, but the percentage of foreigners, which is off the charts. Ten of the 20 actors nominated this year were born outside the US, five of them playing Americans. Over the past 15 years, about 110 of the 300 acting nominees were born outside of the US.

Maybe there’s an anti-American bias among Oscar voters. Or maybe Kate Winslet keeps getting nominated because voters think she’s one of the very best at what she does."

http://nypost.com/2016/01/21/no-george-clooney-the-oscars-arent-racist/

Maybe if Clooney were Obama's son...

You choose to ignore it.

Did you read the "Reasons" that the article claimed that Hollywood did still have a problem with racism despite the Awards demographic matching that of the population?

They are lame as HELL!

Seems like that was the bad choice of links for you to provide as your proof then. Your bad

As I said, I don't know what is more pathetic, the fact that you have such a little sense of humor (obviously that matches other parts of you) that you can't recognize humor and sarcasm or that you are so filled with hate that you have to lie and make shite up about people. Pathetic.

Do me a favor, CC...post my exact words / quote where I mention Jordan. The FACT, you little toadstool, is that you CAN'T because you pulled that out of your ass. Now go away!

Just kidding is your new excuse? Well you and Correll have a lot in common then.

You get called on your bullshit and both use the same excuse

still a niche, most Christians hated it .
high grossing films stats are only good till they are broken ,like base ball stats
keep grasping at nothing..

Then how much could a Christian themed movie, that "most Christians" not hate make, if one that most hated made 600 million dollars?

We don't know, because Hollywood can't bring itself to find out.

The Ten Commandments was in 1956.
false! there are a whole line of epic Christian themed films made in Hollywood the peak was in the late 1950's and early 60's
back then people ate them up.
Highest-grossing films[13]

And did people stop going to see them, or did Hollywood stop making them?

80% of this country is self identified as Christian. And Hollywood considers them an unimportant niche market.
people stopped going to see them, it was a cycle, they happen in Hollywood all the time .
you really don't no jack shit about the entertainment industry do you.

Strange...
there have been plenty of revivals you mentioned one, in the last few years there have been several: gods army, god's not dead, war room Noah, exodus gods and kings etc.
do you always talk out your ass this much?

Forum List

Back