Obama On Oscar 'White out': Hollywood Should ‘Provide Opportunity to Everybody’

LINK: Obama Weighs In on Oscars Race Controversy

OBAMA: “As a whole, the industry should do what every other industry should do, which is to look for talent, and provide opportunity to everybody,” the President said. “I think the Oscar debate is really just an expression of this broader issue of are we making sure that everybody is getting a fair shot?”

Does that mean he thinks the BET Awards should be 'whitened' or eliminated, or is an 'all-black, no-whites/ no non-blacks-allowed', entertainment awards show ok?

:rolleyes:

The problem with the morons who want to boycott the Oscars is that the automatic assumption is blacks were overlooked because they were black because none were nominated for certain things. Not one considers that they weren't nominated because they didn't deserve it. It's that way on most things with them.

iggy-azalea-ti-no-medicare-at-bet-awards-2014-09.jpg

Does that mean he thinks the BET Awards should be 'whitened' or eliminated, or is an 'all-black, no-whites/ no non-blacks-allowed', entertainment awards show ok?

:banana:

Eminem? The token black-rapper wanna-be? LOL!

Good point to bring up, though. BET Music Awards, as described in one article on BET, are for 'Black Music' not just Black people. Isn't labeling music 'white' or 'black' racist? Not that it matters...I mean we ARE talking about the 'B (BLACK) ET'.

I guess there could be Whites Only Movie Award, but the Oscars supposedly aim more broadly.
they do, but it's a business like any other you make what sells .
that's why you don't see many white supremacist and bible thumping movies,

Actually you're right about White Supremacist Movies.

However, Christiab themed movies always do well when Hollywood can bring themselves to do one.

Which is not often.
not really, I've been in the bizz religious themed movies do well with a small number of movies goers, it's a niche market.
the biggest bible blockbuster ever was the ten commandments not for it's message but it's effects kinda like star wars.

Macklemore And Ryan Lewis Win “Best Group” At BET Awards: PHOTOS

winner-beta13-best-group-macklemore-ryan-lewis-press.jpg

:poke:

But if you just think he is a Race Baiting Asshole, then you are in perfect health.
you just did what you accuse him of doing ...what does that make you?

Yes, I am well aware of the new tactic by the left to pretend to not understand what Race Baiting means.

It's just another flavor of your standard lefty dishonesty and of no interest to anyone.

So, save it for someone who cares.

Obama, race baited. I called him on it.

Do you have reply that is not dishonest bullshit and that actually addresses what I said?

But if you just think he is a Race Baiting Asshole, then you are in perfect health.

Difference is you consider Correll wrong and say nothing about Obama.
nothing to say, the pres is not a race baiter ,that's just part of the Obama derangement syndrome.
and he's not here to defend himself .
are you always this big a pussy?

Good point to bring up, though. BET Music Awards, as described in one article on BET, are for 'Black Music' not just Black people. Isn't labeling music 'white' or 'black' racist? Not that it matters...I mean we ARE talking about the 'B (BLACK) ET'.

Actually my understanding is that Eminem is a "giant" in the field, no pun intended for the little guy.

BET Awards: Best New Artist Gets a Surprise Winner!

Sam-Smith-Rex.jpg

o_O:p

It was 2012 or 2013 that blacks swept the acting awards...I don't recall hearing any bitching about racism than.

"
Eminem? The token black-rapper wanna-be? LOL!"- queasy 65.
you're not a race baiter ,,,,,no sir ,,,,,,not you ,,,,no way....

I guess there could be Whites Only Movie Award, but the Oscars supposedly aim more broadly.

However, Christiab themed movies always do well when Hollywood can bring themselves to do one.

Which is not often.
not really, I've been in the bizz religious themed movies do well with a small number of movies goers, it's a niche market.
the biggest bible blockbuster ever was the ten commandments not for it's message but it's effects kinda like star wars.

The Passion of the Christ - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The film has been controversial and received mixed reviews, with some critics claiming that the extreme violence in the film "obscures its message."[10][11][12][13] Catholic sources have questioned the authenticity of the non-biblical material upon which the film drew.[5][14] The film, however, was a major commercial hit, grossing in excess of $600 million during its theatrical release.[15]The Passion of the Christ is the highest grossing R-rated film in United States history, the highest grossing religious film,[16] and the highest grossing non-English-language film of all time.[17]

That's a hell of a niche.

Yes, I am well aware of the new tactic by the left to pretend to not understand what Race Baiting means.

It's just another flavor of your standard lefty dishonesty and of no interest to anyone.

So, save it for someone who cares.

Obama, race baited. I called him on it.

Do you have reply that is not dishonest bullshit and that actually addresses what I said?
show me where the president race baited or STFU ..
don't be pissy because I caught you at it.

If you want to stop racism you have to end the division. The very fact that a 'BET' exists, the very fact that a 'Natl Association of COLORED People' is allowed to exist perpetuates racial division.

The fact is 'Racism' is a multi-faceted TOOL people and organizations use for their own benefit.
- Politically, Saul Alynski teaches it best when he goes into detail about pitting races against each other, keeping the people divided, making enemies of each other instead of allowing them to unite and focus on what government/political leaders are doing.
- Economically, 'racism' is a MULTI-Billion dollar INDUSTRY. If racism suddenly ended tonight - peace and harmony, Kum-bah-ya, etc...think of the money lost and people out of 'business': NAACP, BET, Al Sharpton would have to get a REAL job, Jesse Jackson would suddenly have to find work, and on and on and on.....

It is not economically viable or preferred to eradicate racism because it is too great of a political tool and puts too much money into people's pockets. Until people stop focusing on the 'white' and the 'black' and instead start noticing the 'Green' ($) racism will NEVER end!

(Stepping down off the soap box now...)

It was 2012 or 2013 that blacks swept the acting awards...I don't recall hearing any bitching about racism than.
Na, na. See, you be a slave, then you can win, cause whitey go "oh poor slave getting hurt by mean whitey." But, you be a thug, whoopin up on children and little white girls, then you can't win, cause you a thug.

Which is not often.

The Passion of the Christ - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The film has been controversial and received mixed reviews, with some critics claiming that the extreme violence in the film "obscures its message."[10][11][12][13] Catholic sources have questioned the authenticity of the non-biblical material upon which the film drew.[5][14] The film, however, was a major commercial hit, grossing in excess of $600 million during its theatrical release.[15]The Passion of the Christ is the highest grossing R-rated film in United States history, the highest grossing religious film,[16] and the highest grossing non-English-language film of all time.[17]

That's a hell of a niche.
still a niche, most Christians hated it .
high grossing films stats are only good till they are broken ,like base ball stats
keep grasping at nothing..

Forum List

Back