Geaux4it

Intensity Factor 4-Fold
May 31, 2009
Tennessee
LMAO--- Liberals no doubt. :lol:

This explains some of the reasons Obama was elected twice

-Geaux

============================

A quarter of Americans surveyed could not correctly answer that the Earth revolves around the sun and not the other way around, according to a report out Friday from the National Science Foundation.

The survey of 2,200 people in the United States was conducted by the NSF in 2012 and released on Friday at an annual meeting of the American Association for the Advancement of Science meeting in Chicago.

To the question "Does the Earth go around the Sun, or does the Sun go around the Earth," 26 percent of those surveyed answered incorrectly

Read the rest here: 1 In 4 Americans Thinks The Sun Goes Around The Earth, Survey Says : The Two-Way : NPR

Remember a question on a dating site was, "Which is bigger? The Earth, or the Moon?" Things like that alarm me and give me nightmares. That someone even felt the need to ask the question is very upsetting.

I still believe the reason President Obama won was the comparison to the former, and one of the worst ever Presidents made him look very appealing.

well there is that, our country has become Politically dumb

When a man like Obama can dupe so many we should all be very frikken afraid for our survival and freedoms

-Geaux

A quarter of Americans surveyed could not correctly answer that the Earth revolves around the sun and not the other way around, according to a report out Friday from the National Science Foundation.

The survey of 2,200 people in the United States was conducted by the NSF in 2012 and released on Friday at an annual meeting of the American Association for the Advancement of Science meeting in Chicago.

To the question "Does the Earth go around the Sun, or does the Sun go around the Earth," 26 percent of those surveyed answered incorrectly

Read the rest here: 1 In 4 Americans Thinks The Sun Goes Around The Earth, Survey Says : The Two-Way : NPR

Interestingly, relative to one another, the Earth's orbiting the Sun. But both are in motion relative to any fixed point in space as all stars in the galaxy are orbiting the center, and the entire galaxy is orbiting the local group of galaxies, and on n on. So if you chose a point in space, the Sun would actual orbit it, along with the Earth and other planets. Just depends on what you're designating as the fixed point as to what's orbiting it or not. :)

"We know more about celebrities than we do our next door neighbors. It's why houses aren't made with front porches any more." - "Calvin and Hobbes" :)

Remember a question on a dating site was, "Which is bigger? The Earth, or the Moon?" Things like that alarm me and give me nightmares. That someone even felt the need to ask the question is very upsetting.

I still believe the reason President Obama won was the comparison to the former, and one of the worst ever Presidents made him look very appealing.

Maybe the first time but the second? I think he won the first because Biden was right, if not somewhat racist, it was storybook. The second time he just had too big of advantage. The MSM, the 47 percent and incumbency.

Does it even matter if they know?

Yes it matters. It shows they don't even have the tools that are available which enable them to think rationally. It wasn't that long ago when people were saying " 'they' don't need to be able to read or write".

At present, it is the GOP that presents the anti-science stance, and caters to the willfully ignorant. And, yes, that does partially explain why President Obama won. You see, there are a lot of us that do know a good deal of science, and recognize when a political party has sold it's soul to the energy companies. It is the whole party, not just Inhofe.

-Geaux

A goodly number of Repubs believe the earth is 6 thousand years old and man and dinosaurs walked the earth together. (including you I would say). Yet YOU think it was 1/4 of Democrats who think the sun revolves around the earth.

Hey, all I need is four words to explain WHY Obama won, twice; McCain/Palin Romney/Ryan.

Hope that helps. But when you believe the earth is only 6 thousand years old, I doubt it.

At present, it is the GOP that presents the anti-science stance, and caters to the willfully ignorant. And, yes, that does partially explain why President Obama won. You see, there are a lot of us that do know a good deal of science, and recognize when a political party has sold it's soul to the energy companies. It is the whole party, not just Inhofe.

Yeah the science of global cooling, global warming, and climatd change. Lol

• Thanks
Reactions: Vox
well there is that, our country has become Politically dumb

When a man like Obama can dupe so many we should all be very frikken afraid for our survival and freedoms

Not knowing that the Sun does not rotate around liberals doesn't really effect people's lives. What is important is to see that the last 7 of democrat rule has been a disaster.

Puking on yourself over and over doesn't make you look smart.

earthrotate.jpg

they believe themselves so high and mighty...why anyone would want to belong to a party filled with people like Rocks who thinks themselves better than others

Last edited:

I'd have to agree with this statement. What also doesn't make you look very smart is throwing an insult as a rubuttal to someone's point instead of a nice piece of factual information that proves that statement to be incorrect.

Forum List

Back