Obama claims he will ratchet up against Putin

The USA could perhaps offer those residents of the Crimea who don't wish to live under a government subject to Kremlin control the option of emigrating to the USA. As the motto says "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free...". My own ancestors immigrated to the USA from the Ukraine around 1900, and immigrating to the USA from that region may be their best course in terms of securing personal freedom. And the USA no longer has military conscription, as Russia still does. I suspect that a lot of people from that region of my grandparent's generation immigrated to the USA to avoid conscription into the Russian army.

Obama is doing the exact right thing.

Economic sanctions will eventually cripple Russia.

Putin's on a fool errand.

The world is not going to allow a re-constituted Soviet Union.

images

You still believe, huh?

Must be nice to be that stupid. Like a 4 year old. Everything in shades of pink and blue. The world is filled with benign and happy bunnies and people who wish the world well.

stupidity on display

Bush said Terrorists were mosquitoes.

There's those pesky mosquitoes hitting the US on his watch:

Mission Accomplished on the Iraq/Afghanistan thing right? How'd that go?

100K or more people killed?

And no Bin Laden?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKHsjRzUTLQ]Obama in 2008: 'We Will Kill Bin Laden, We Will Crush Al Qaeda' - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqAMkDstPiU]Osama bin Laden is dead, Obama Speech at White House - YouTube[/ame]

Here's the thing about you Conservatives.

You couldn't find your asses with a road map.

Last edited by a moderator:
Where did he say that?

Please point out where he said that.

I'm still waiting for you to point out where he wanted boots on the ground.

You know, some people might start to think you're a liar if you don't back up your shit

I said it in another thread. I strongly believe we need to send the strongest message possible. Send the 82nd to Ukraine followed by more troops as time permits. make Russia blink.

That would be a patently stupid move.

But even if, let's say, McCain were President, and he more than had the will to do it?

You think the American People and Congress would stomach yet ANOTHER shooting war?

The USA could perhaps offer those residents of the Crimea who don't wish to live under a government subject to Kremlin control the option of emigrating to the USA. As the motto says "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free...". My own ancestors immigrated to the USA from the Ukraine around 1900, and immigrating to the USA from that region may be their best course in terms of securing personal freedom. And the USA no longer has military conscription, as Russia still does. I suspect that a lot of people from that region of my grandparent's generation immigrated to the USA to avoid conscription into the Russian army.

you mean like they have stopped iran, or N korea, or stopped iraq before? Putin won this round before obama even sprung into action. this battle is over. obama needs to start focusing on the next step instead of following putins trail of bread crumbs around

Stopped them from what?

It would be very interesting if President Putin could actually goad the vanity obsessed obama into a full scale war. A war in which we are hobbled by massive debt and a destroyed military is one we would not win.

I think that may be why they are mocking Obama.

They've already tried to destroy us back in 2008. Im surprised that's not getting more discussion. Why wouldn't they want to now?

obama believes he has an ace. Tatar muslims. The natural allies that obama has used so far. If he can instigate armed jihad he has a chance. Turn Crimea into Chechnya and Ukraine into Syria.

Putin will exterminate them to the last man, woman and child.

Look at what he's done in Chechnya. Half of them are dead.

The Russians don't play.

Remember the rash of kidnappings back in the early 70's, late 60's?

Some ragheads made the mistake of kidnapping a Russian Diplomat and the Russians told them, politely, that they needed to release their diplomat -- Soon.

Of course, the ragheads ignored them.

Within a couple days, there were family members of the guilty group found outside their headquarters, dead, mutilated and hanging upside down from trees and lamp posts.

Still nothing. A couple more days went by and family members of the kidnappers' group started disappearing.

Nothing. Within another couple days, THEY started showing up dead and mutilated.

Then the Russians started killing ANYBODY even remotely connected, or suspected of being connected, to the kidnapping group.

The Russian diplomat was released and no raghead group has really fucked with them since.

The Russians don't play. They'll kill every goddamned one of them if they have to. Men, women, children, dogs, cats..... All of them

And I ain't kidding. They seriously will.

And oh, don't kid yourselves about Afghanistan. The only reason they left there is because the USSR was falling apart, thanks to Ronald Reagan

Eyeah..Reagan and his orbital nuclear super duper space platform we spend a kabillion dollars on. :lol:

Well I couldn't find your story of the "Russian Diplomat" but I did find this..

Abduction of Russian diplomats in Iraq - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Was that the one? Perhaps you could link it.

And the famous Russian precision?

Beslan school hostage crisis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

How about..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWgaN9p-Ug0]Russian army soldier dancing - YouTube[/ame]

What is Obama going to do? Freeze Putin's assets this time?

I find it hard to believe he really thinks freezing the non-existent assets of a dozen or so people is a huge burden to Russia.

He needs to put the Missle Defense Shielf back in Poland and the Czech Republic, as well as Ukraine and any other Eastern European country who wants it. That will make a statement.

Reality is; "Might makes right"

Treaties are only as good as the signee's signatures.

I'm still waiting for you to point out where he wanted boots on the ground.

You know, some people might start to think you're a liar if you don't back up your shit

I said it in another thread. I strongly believe we need to send the strongest message possible. Send the 82nd to Ukraine followed by more troops as time permits. make Russia blink.

That would be a patently stupid move.

But even if, let's say, McCain were President, and he more than had the will to do it?

You think the American People and Congress would stomach yet ANOTHER shooting war?

What makes you think we have a choice?

I'm curious. We supported sanctions against saddam, that were enforced via the air force and navy, because he refused to utilize intl law tribunals in an oil dispute with a neighbor, and murdered his own minorities, and both parties supported this during three separate presidencies.

We can argue whether W's subsequent invasion was, or wasn't, a trumpted up case to go nation building, but that has nothing to do with sanctions and enforcement.

What's different in the Ukraine than what Saddam was up to in Kuwait and with the shiaa?

I'm curious. We supported sanctions against saddam, that were enforced via the air force and navy, because he refused to utilize intl law tribunals in an oil dispute with a neighbor, and murdered his own minorities, and both parties supported this during three separate presidencies.

We can argue whether W's subsequent invasion was, or wasn't, a trumpted up case to go nation building, but that has nothing to do with sanctions and enforcement.

What's different in the Ukraine than what Saddam was up to in Kuwait and with the shiaa?

So far, putin hasn't gassed a country load of kurds.

I find it hard to believe he really thinks freezing the non-existent assets of a dozen or so people is a huge burden to Russia.

He needs to put the Missle Defense Shielf back in Poland and the Czech Republic, as well as Ukraine and any other Eastern European country who wants it. That will make a statement.

remember when republicans warned him not to remove it in the first place

i'm curious, why do people who bitched about those sanctions all of a sudden favor them and think they are going to work

remember when republicans warned him not to remove it in the first place

I do.

Well, they did work. Saddam had no womd or ability to attack his neighbors.

That's a separate issue than why we invaded him.

The question is why were sanctions justified with Iraq and not Russia? How are the situations different? Beyond Russia having the pol power in the UN to prevent any UN sanctions from being levied, while Iraq was not on the Sec Council.

It's not a loaded question ... assuming there's a factual distinction.

Wait and see. Obama has brought this onto us.

Putin on TV: " Crimea is ours. They never wanted to be part of Ukraine. Obama can go to hell if he doesn't choose our right to Crimea over Ukraine."

TV person: "Who do you choose Mr President?"

Obama: "I choose Villanova over North Carolina."

So far, putin hasn't gassed a country load of kurds.

Ah, not so fast there. Political opponents have "disappeared" just this week, and Russia has a recent history or abusing muslims in the crimea.

Someone in power cancelled my Cable TV account....
I can't get a straight answer other then the order came from "someplace" high up there....

Maybe it was Obama trying to cancel Putin's account... :eek:

images

You still believe, huh?

Must be nice to be that stupid. Like a 4 year old. Everything in shades of pink and blue. The world is filled with benign and happy bunnies and people who wish the world well.

stupidity on display

Bush said Terrorists were mosquitoes.

There's those pesky mosquitoes hitting the US on his watch:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlQjHviRjiU]New Video First Plane Hit Tower 9 11 9/11 Terrorist Terror Attack World Trade Center September 11 - YouTube[/ame]

Mission Accomplished on the Iraq/Afghanistan thing right? How'd that go?

100K or more people killed?

And no Bin Laden?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKHsjRzUTLQ]Obama in 2008: 'We Will Kill Bin Laden, We Will Crush Al Qaeda' - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqAMkDstPiU]Osama bin Laden is dead, Obama Speech at White House - YouTube[/ame]

Here's the thing about you Conservatives.

You couldn't find your asses with a road map.

(((YAWN)) I will argue Obama is doing more long term damage to America than Bin Laden did in one day.

Obama gets 8 years. LMAO

-Geaux

Forum List

Back