What is the greatest DC scandal of all time?

Romy

Rookie
Mar 18, 2014
Dear all,

I am an international student who is currently living in Washington, D.C.
For a class assignment, I have to interview as many people as possible to find out the answer to the following questions:

- What is the greatest DC scandal of all time?
- Why do you think so?
- Why is it still important?

Would you please be so kind to give your honest opinion on these questions? Thank you all very much in advance!

Dear all,

For a class assignment, I have to interview as many people as possible to find out the answer to the following questions:

- Why do you think so?

Would you please be so kind to give your honest opinion on these questions? Thank you all very much in advance!

Good Lord... we are now getting homework-like type questions here.

Two words, Nixon/Agnew, both crooks.

Dear all,

- Why do you think so?

Wow...that's a tough one and I have given it a great deal of thought. My answer is JFK and the Bay Of Pigs invasion followed closely by the Cuban missile crisis. The vast majority of the citizens will never fully understand exactly how close we came to an all out thermo-nuclear war with Russia. We were actually minutes away from committal. This was not a democrat/republican thing, but more of a East/West type thing. Communism versus Capitalism.

It was the first time modern Americans were in real danger of having a war on their front porches.

We are in the midst of it right now. We have a communist president who is routinely ignoring the Constitution and laughing as he does it, but the scandal is that the rest of our government stands idly by and does NOTHING to stop him.

We are in the midst of it right now. We have a communist president who is routinely ignoring the Constitution and laughing as he does it, but the scandal is that the rest of our government stands idly by and does NOTHING to stop him.

That's not a scandal... that's cool! :D

That would be second on my list. Third would be Nixon. Fourth would be that pile of fecal matter known as Bill Clinton/Monica Lewinsky. Fifth would be Jimmy Carter losing our embassy in Iran. Sixth would be Benghazi. Seventh would be the IRS. Eighth would be the NSA. 6-7-8 of course, belong to Papa Doc Obama.

- 1. Nixon/Agnew. 2. Southern senators in 1860 setting the state for a war of southern aggression. 3. The Tea Party members that tried to topple the government last fall but failed.
- Why is obvious in every case.
- It is still important because folks like Nixon/Agnew, Jefferson Davis et al, and the TPM arise in every generation as perversions of constitutional principles.

That's not a scandal... that's cool! :D

Yep, for the commies.

Iran-Contra

The whole thing from weapon smuggling to smuggling drugs in the US then locking up millions of people for selling the same drugs.

- 1. Nixon/Agnew. 2. Southern senators in 1860 setting the state for a war of southern aggression. 3. The Tea Party members that tried to topple the government last fall but failed.
- It is still important because folks like Nixon/Agnew, Jefferson Davis et al, and the TPM arise in every generation as perversions of constitutional principles.

Only a fool like yourself would make these comparisons. Gee, I find it rather odd that you didn't include that piece of crap Bill Clinton. I guess being impeached doesn't matter in your world, huh?

God bless the Tea Party!!

Dear all,

- Why do you think so?

Are you looking for a confirmed scandal or something that happened that should be scandalous?

If the former is the case, Watergate is it. It showed that checks and balances work. It's still important because they still work.

If the latter is the case, I think the free pass the press gives to officials and institutions is probably the greatest scandal of our times nowadays.

Only a fool like yourself would make these comparisons. Gee, I find it rather odd that you didn't include that piece of crap Bill Clinton. I guess being impeached doesn't matter in your world, huh? God bless the Tea Party!!

You demonstrate your foolishness by committing the fallacy of ad hom: attacking me instead of the issue.

Bill Clinton was found not guilty. That's evidence.

The TPM took more primary losses today, and it will continue to dwindle all through the primary season.

Only a fool like yourself would make these comparisons. Gee, I find it rather odd that you didn't include that piece of crap Bill Clinton. I guess being impeached doesn't matter in your world, huh? God bless the Tea Party!!

You demonstrate your foolishness by committing the fallacy of ad hom: attacking me instead of the issue.

The TPM took more primary losses today, and it will continue to dwindle all through the primary season.

Communist!

God Bless The Tea Party!!

And you, sir, can kiss my black ass. Bill Clinton not guilty. That's a good one...

Dear all,

- Why do you think so?

Seems many big ones have already been mentioned. So I will say:

The Truman administration's IRS scandal. Even the Truman's were on the receiving end of bribes like freezers from the corrupt IRS. 166 IRS employees had to be fired and his Attorney General. An aside this was also the timeframe Harry Vaughn ( Truman's friend) was bringing back expensive perfume for Truman's wife and kicking wounded solders off flights.

So yeah, Ill go with that one, it lost the dems the WH.

Last edited:

Only a fool like yourself would make these comparisons. Gee, I find it rather odd that you didn't include that piece of crap Bill Clinton. I guess being impeached doesn't matter in your world, huh?

If you could out your hatred aside a bit, perhaps what you have to say could be taken into account.

If you could out your hatred aside a bit, perhaps what you have to say could be taken into account.

Forum List

Back