Obama announces $10 billion in trade deals with India

Well at Michelle gets another vacation,she could use the break.

Whatever. $10 billion in new business is good news for the US, regardless of what one might think of the President. Being so partisan all the time isn't a good thing.

I agree....I don't dislike hm more than having jobs created, but you have to understand, he is the victim of his own hubris and his own flailing around due to the confusion that has been evident in his own WH and his own rhetoric and grandstanding to just shut us up for a while, example ( notice the date) -

President Obama pivots to jobs as key theme
By MIKE ALLEN | 1/8/10 6:42 AM EDT

President Barack Obama on Friday made his promised hard pivot to jobs, following up the morning’s news about a 10 percent unemployment rate by announcing $2.3 billion in tax credits for clean-energy jobs.

President Obama pivots to jobs as key theme - Mike Allen - POLITICO.com

so that was his big pivot towards jobs? the unemployment rate is down .4 since he made this a new drive and his ballyhooed pivot toward jobs, which in the end was BS, he spent another couple billion for green jobs of dubious value, wow.

What? He could not have taken the asian trip he had planned then? Or pushed for and signed the free trade agreements whose plans were sitting their left over from the congress that would not approve them under bush? maybe if he had we would be seeing some of those dividends now. Instead he spent his time on HC......and here we are.

To all the Republicans whining on why Obama would want to visit India.....

With almost a billion person market, why wouldn't the US want to open up trade possibilities?

India is a valuable ally

nice strawman, but then again, par for the course.

Who complained about his going to India?

I think we had a 17+ page thread on it

Your darling Michelle Bachmann, Rush Limbo and Hannity also bitched about the trip...still are

you apparently have an inability to comprehend the written word among others issues..read what I wrote again...don't read into it and don't read what you want to read, read what I wrote.....:rolleyes:

Well at Michelle gets another vacation,she could use the break.

Whatever. $10 billion in new business is good news for the US, regardless of what one might think of the President. Being so partisan all the time isn't a good thing.

I agree....I don't dislike hm more than having jobs created, but you have to understand, he is the victim of his own hubris and his own flailing around due to the confusion that has been evident in his own WH and his own rhetoric and grandstanding to just shut us up for a while, example ( notice the date) -

President Obama pivots to jobs as key theme
By MIKE ALLEN | 1/8/10 6:42 AM EDT

President Barack Obama on Friday made his promised hard pivot to jobs, following up the morning’s news about a 10 percent unemployment rate by announcing $2.3 billion in tax credits for clean-energy jobs.

President Obama pivots to jobs as key theme - Mike Allen - POLITICO.com

so that was his big pivot towards jobs? the unemployment rate is down .4 since he made this a new drive and his ballyhooed pivot toward jobs, which in the end was BS, he spent another couple billion for green jobs of dubious value, wow.

What? He could not have taken the asian trip he had planned then? Or pushed for and signed the free trade agreements whose plans were sitting their left over from the congress that would not approve them under bush? maybe if he had we would be seeing some of those dividends now. Instead he spent his time on HC......and here we are.

Yes, I understand all that. It still doesn't matter to me in comparison to $10 billion in new orders and more US jobs.

nice strawman, but then again, par for the course.

Who complained about his going to India?

Your darling Michelle Bachmann, Rush Limbo and Hannity also bitched about the trip...still are

you apparently have an inability to comprehend the written word among others issues..read what I wrote again...don't read into it and don't read what you want to read, read what I wrote.....:rolleyes:

Who......complained.......about.....his......going.....to.........India?

Reads like english to me

The devil is in the details.

This article doesn't bother to mention what ANY of the details of this agreement were,

Merely that it will"create" jobs.

Okay, and how many jobs will it "destroy"?

We have absolutely no way of knowing.

No doubt not have any facts won't prevent some of us from declaring it a victory or defeat, but that's to be expected from clueless partisans.

Here are some details.

The commercial deals include the purchase of 33 737s from Boeing by India's SpiceJet Airlines; the Indian military's plans to buy aircraft engines from General Electric; and preliminary agreement between Boeing and the Indian Air Force on the purchase of 10 C17s.

For the most part, the deals were already pending, but the White House contends Obama's visit to India helped finalize them. Officials said the deals would support 53,670 U.S. jobs, but it was not clear how many, if any, new jobs would be created as a result.

Link

Looks like a good deal for the US, IMO.

I wonder if this falls under the category of jobs saved? I remember the announcements coming out of the WH bragging about the great job they did with the stimulus....." but we saved a gazillion jobs in America" " well Mr. President how many new jobs did you create?"

"Well Mr. President"?.......At that point the teleprompter broke down....:doubt:

so a job saved vs outsourced is not a good thing?

hey good job...now how about the other free trade agreements that his union masters would not let him sign say so. kor, Colombia etc...?Straightening out the mess with Brazil? They have been sitting there while the EU has jumped in.......but any advance is good , glad he took advantage of bushs relations he built with India.

Of course he could have did this earlier this year and last year but he canceled a slew of trips in exchange for shepherding health care....

What nonsense!! In wingnut world, the "union masters":cuckoo: seem to like India for some unexplained reason.

BTW, the Indians hate bush* for giving military support to Pakistan.

Here are some details.

Looks like a good deal for the US, IMO.

I wonder if this falls under the category of jobs saved? I remember the announcements coming out of the WH bragging about the great job they did with the stimulus....." but we saved a gazillion jobs in America" " well Mr. President how many new jobs did you create?"

"Well Mr. President"?.......At that point the teleprompter broke down....:doubt:

so a job saved vs outsourced is not a good thing?

Not in wingnut world

That's why the republicans voted against eliminating subsidies to corps that send jobs overseas:cuckoo:

hey good job...now how about the other free trade agreements that his union masters would not let him sign say so. kor, Colombia etc...?Straightening out the mess with Brazil? They have been sitting there while the EU has jumped in.......but any advance is good , glad he took advantage of bushs relations he built with India.

Of course he could have did this earlier this year and last year but he canceled a slew of trips in exchange for shepherding health care....

What nonsense!! In wingnut world, the "union masters":cuckoo: seem to like India for some unexplained reason.

thx for outting your complete lack of knowledge as to foreign policy in that region and geopolitics, I don't know what you read but it cannot be much.....thats settled.

as to free trade again, you are misinformed to say the least, there are so many examples its ridiculous.....

Reads like english to me

here ya go, just this once, I won't educate you again when it comes to the written word- they complained ( unjustifiable and I said so btw) about the cost and all of the ancillary issues, the taking over of the hotel, money etc....no one argued that he should not go or were against his trip to India itself.

wanna go parse my post again?

Gawd only knows how much this trip is COSTING US TAXPAYERS, all for 54,000 jobs.
what a JOKE

$10 billion in new trade deals with India, saying they will help finance 54,000 jobs in the United States.

its 185k a person, not great unless its multi year, but way better than TARP did

Reads like english to me

here ya go, just this once, I won't educate you again when it comes to the written word- they complained ( unjustifiable and I said so btw) about the cost and all of the ancillary issues, the taking over of the hotel, money etc....no one argued that he should not go or were against his trip to India itself.

Slow on the uptake aren't ya Traj?

Do you really think your rightwing idols said "I guess we were wrong, It doesn't cost $200 million a day......I guess it is OK then"

Rush, Hannity and all your Fox boys and gals immediately changed their tune to "Its not worth it no matter what the cost"

Reads like english to me

Do you really think your rightwing idols said "I guess we were wrong, It doesn't cost $200 million a day......I guess it is OK then"

Rush, Hannity and all your Fox boys and gals immediately changed their tune to "Its not worth it no matter what the cost"

Wingnuts complained about costs that didn't exist, just so they would have something to whine about.

thx for outting your complete lack of knowledge as to foreign policy in that region and geopolitics, I don't know what you read but it cannot be much.....thats settled.

as to free trade again, you are misinformed to say the least, there are so many examples its ridiculous.....

traj has got nothing as proven by his reliance on childish insults.

when the dipsy duo learns to read whats written instead of engaging in a no where circle jerk you may have a point...I won't hold my breath.

Reads like english to me

once again your inability to comprehend betrays you, trying to slide your foot out of your mouth with this garbled nonsense is just that. :lol:

once again your inability to comprehend betrays you, trying to slide your foot out of your mouth with this garbled nonsense is just that. :lol:

Comprehend this

The rightwing misinformation machine made up a story about the exhorbatant cost
They still claim it costs too much and wastes too much money regardless of the actual cost
The rightwing misinformation crew is still attacking Obama for visiting Muslim Indonesia

Comprehend this

They still claim it costs too much and wastes too much money regardless of the actual cost
The rightwing misinformation crew is still attacking Obama for visiting Muslim Indonesia

When you attack what something costs, you are attacking it's VALUE.

In spite of the facts that prove the value of this trip, the right wants to question it's value. They'll deny doing it, but that's because they're congenital liars.

Comprehend this

Comprehend this;

-I don't give a shit.They are wrong, I SAID SO, twice, no, three times including this thread in posts speaking to it.
-I don't care what they claim, see above....
-I have never heard any of them say he should not go, admittedly I don't listen or watch all of them, nor have I read every single post here speaking to this BUT I don't recall anyone saying he should not go or has heartache he is visiting India.

Your problem is, you engaged me as if I were you; a frothing at the mouth uber-partisan that sees everything through the lens of rep/dem, lib/con and take one side unfailingly despite any evidence or details speaking against that illogic........stop projecting.

How many American Jobs will be going thataway with these new deals? Sorry,just can't excited over these deals.

Forum List

Back