Obama and the Dems are giving the GOP plenty to pounce on in 2014

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
I hope to hell we can be smart enough this time to leave the damn social issues at the curb. All the social issues don't mean shit if we can't stop our country from going down the toilet financially.

Seriously, NO MORE TODD AKIN BULLSHIT.

Your social conservative values are USELESS if you can't win the seat. Our country is more important that who is fucking who behind closed doors.

a year is a long time in politics, and if anything Romney showed us you can reinvent yourself 3 times before an election. So....i understand that it doesnt look right now for the Dems, it really isnt that important right now. If this was a month out? I'd look for the GOP to sweep in hard.

• Banned
a year is a long time in politics, and if anything Romney showed us you can reinvent yourself 3 times before an election. So....i understand that it doesnt look right now for the Dems, it really isnt that important right now. If this was a month out? I'd look for the GOP to sweep in hard.

I think the obamacare problems will continue for some time. Once the cost becomes widely known it will get worse.

I think the obamacare problems will continue for some time. Once the cost becomes widely known it will get worse.

or things will correct themselves and nothing will happen. People think short term these days and not longterm.

The problem for the GOP is not the Dems. The problem for the GOP is the Tea Party. The government shut down emboldened the movement and they will be pushing some very extreme characters into the primaries.

Karl Rove is prepared with a ton of money to fight them, but what success will he have. The Senate has been lost for at least the two last voting cycles....mainly because the TP pushes some loons through the primaries.

The problem for the GOP is not the Dems. The problem for the GOP is the Tea Party. The government shut down emboldened the movement and they will be pushing some very extreme characters into the primaries.

Karl Rove is prepared with a ton of money to fight them, but what success will he have. The Senate has been lost for at least the two last voting cycles....mainly because the TP pushes some loons through the primaries.

you do realize, had the democrats listened to the tea party, the event which is currently crushing them and dashing their chances in future elections wouldn't be happeneing right now. the tea party was right. what you thought was going to be a political disater for them is turning out to be a positive moment.

• Banned

or things will correct themselves and nothing will happen. People think short term these days and not longterm.

The problems will subside I'm sure but the sticker shock for the middle class will continue. When the business mandate kicks in NEXT YEAR there will be a much larger wave of pissed off people. This disaster isn't going away any time soon.

The problems will subside I'm sure but the sticker shock for the middle class will continue. When the business mandate kicks in NEXT YEAR there will be a much larger wave of pissed off people. This disaster isn't going away any time soon.

if anything they may adjust that because of what happened here. So it may happen

if anything they may adjust that because of what happened here. So it may happen

Obama can't dictate the price. His FORCED and often unnecessary coverages are dictating the cost. Since the law is now the LAW OF THE LAND as so many said when the GOP demanded changes how will Obama change the drivers of the cost?

I hope to hell we can be smart enough this time to leave the damn social issues at the curb. All the social issues don't mean shit if we can't stop our country from going down the toilet financially.

Your social conservative values are USELESS if you can't win the seat. Our country is more important that who is fucking who behind closed doors.

Yup. The social bullshit needs to take a hike.

The GOP needs to hammer the ACA and its cost and who will be paying said cost.

The also need to hammer the 21 tax increases in the damned thing.

The GOP has loads of ammo. One can only hope they know how to use it.

They also need to point out just who foisted this POS on America. The DEMS.

Yep and the insurance plans for 2015 will start hitting enrollees just in time for the midterm elections.

Too bad the GOP will shoot themselves in the foot by harping on social issues like blow jobs and gay marriage. The GOP needs to focus on Obamacare and make this a single issue election.

you do realize, had the democrats listened to the tea party, the event which is currently crushing them and dashing their chances in future elections wouldn't be happeneing right now. the tea party was right. what you thought was going to be a political disater for them is turning out to be a positive moment.

That is your opinion. The ACA has not been fully implemented. The web site was a huge blunder, I will admit. But the premise of the program is good. If the enrollment approaches what is envisioned, it could succeed. If it doesn't then we will see.

The problem that many have with the Tea Party and the GOP stance on the ACA is they want a Repeal! If they sat down with the Dems and tried to fix some of the issues, then maybe I could see that. REPEAL REPEAL REPEAL just won't cut it.

That is your opinion. The ACA has not been fully implemented. The web site was a huge blunder, I will admit. But the premise of the program is good. If the enrollment approaches what is envisioned, it could succeed. If it doesn't then we will see.

The problem that many have with the Tea Party and the GOP stance on the ACA is they want a Repeal! If they sat down with the Dems and tried to fix some of the issues, then maybe I could see that. REPEAL REPEAL REPEAL just won't cut it.

That is YOUR OPINION.

According to recent polls REPEAL REPEAL REPEAL wins 53% of the vote. That is not opinion.

By next year, website problems will be forgotten and ACA will have 60 per cent plus approval. Just remember all the lies you've been told by Pubs and insurers...It's the Pub states and areas that have all the problems. Funny thing, hater dupes lol...

Obama can't dictate the price. His FORCED and often unnecessary coverages are dictating the cost. Since the law is now the LAW OF THE LAND as so many said when the GOP demanded changes how will Obama change the drivers of the cost?

they can tweak things to affect the prices though. Honestly this have to cover everything whine really is childish. You had this before Obamacare as well. You have it with Car insurance also. ( see young or bad drivers). You want to claim that the rolout was bad and it could have bad affects down the road? Ok fair enough, but dont cry about things that where the norm before obamacare.

The problem with prices comes from lack of competition, ie cooperation of insurers, especially in Pub states and areas...whether greed or fear of risk, this will pass...

Too bad the GOP will shoot themselves in the foot by harping on social issues like blow jobs and gay marriage. The GOP needs to focus on Obamacare and make this a single issue election.

The problem with the single issue strategy is that if the people end up being pleased with what you're calling poison...then what?

Also you risk values voters staying home if you're not embracing their values.

Again, the problem with the GOP isn't the messengers but the message.

To women: If you get pregnant, you're going to carry it to full term; then expect no help raising the child in the way of welfare or AFDC, food stamps:

To Hispanics: We want you to self-deport. Be ready to be stopped because you look like you don't belong here.

To Blacks: Stop and Frisk baby; stop and frisk.

To the Youth; "Way too many people go to college." Expect no help in terms of loans and if you do take out a loan, we will do nothing to give you any relief from the loan for the rest of your life!!!

---

Values voters is the only solidly dependable block you guys have and if you don't pay them appropriate lip service, they tend to stay home.

Damn straight.

If i were the Republican leadership, i would sit down with all the GOP candidates who are running against vulnerable Dems, show them a tape of Akin's screw-up and then say "If any of you pull that shit, i'll personally bash your brains in on national TV".

Forum List

Back